General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

11 hours ago, Rheo said:

Hopefully he can convince all three to join up with Canada in the near future. They will help improve this team even more no doubt and will some exciting youngsters with Davies, Larin, Chapman, and more....

On 8/31/2017 at 10:02 AM, Rheo said:

Hoping that it entices them to join Canada in the near future. Zambrano got the Canadian team playing some good football and I still think we need a new set of defensive players. Wish Canada had a second game to have some the bench players who did not play to start the next game. Would of like to have seen Didic, Choiniere, and Akindele play to see how they fit into Zambrano style of soccer for Canada. Still believe more games the better. Anyhow Zambrano will hopefully convinc all three that they're the future of Canada and will be great additions to an improving side.

14 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

That's why the game is in Houston.

Partly, BMO and BC Place have CFL and Montreal didn't draw and El Salvador might not want to spend the money hosting Canada (they traditionally don't host friendlies). Playing state side will at least save some cash for everyone.

13 hours ago, matty said:

Partly, BMO and BC Place have CFL and Montreal didn't draw and El Salvador might not want to spend the money hosting Canada (they traditionally don't host friendlies). Playing state side will at least save some cash for everyone.

What about Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa, Hamilton, Moncton? We have other cities. Even if it isn't the best financially in the immediate term, the team should play around the country to try to build up a fan base, or even unearth a good hosting city that gets good crowds that we just assume won't get those crowds.

19 minutes ago, Kent said:

What about Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa, Hamilton, Moncton? We have other cities. Even if it isn't the best financially in the immediate term, the team should play around the country to try to build up a fan base, or even unearth a good hosting city that gets good crowds that we just assume won't get those crowds.

Assuming you're counting Clark Stadium, more than half the venues are busy and the others might cost too much to be worth it. While playing around the country is nice, an under sold game costs a lot and we already had one this year. The CSA likely is saving funds now having paid for SIX friendlies so they can do stuff next year.

This is a year where the CSA made very good use of windows for the MNT
-They played everyone
-Hosted 2
-For all but 1 played or to be played on non-neutral turf (so far)
-Played or will play 4 CONCACAF rivals (so far)

You can't shit on the CSA this year for friendlies I'm sorry

Also why do people want Canada hosting every game now. Be pissed El Salvador isn't hosting a game.

Edited by matty

8 minutes ago, matty said:

Assuming you're counting Clark Stadium, more than half the venues are busy and the others might cost too much to be worth it. While playing around the country is nice, an under sold game costs a lot and we already had one this year. The CSA likely is saving funds now having paid for SIX friendlies so they can do stuff next year.

This is a year where the CSA made very good use of windows for the MNT
-They played everyone
-Hosted 2
-For all but 1 played on non-neutral turf
-Played 4 CONCACAF rivals

You can't shit on the CSA this year for friendlies I'm sorry

Also why do people want Canada hosting every game now. Be pissed El Salvador isn't hosting a game.

I'm pissed that neither El Salvador nor us are hosting. I would be happy with the game being in El Salvador. I hate these games in USA (that aren't against the USA) even if they bring large crowds for our opponents.

Just now, Kent said:

I'm pissed that neither El Salvador nor us are hosting. I would be happy with the game being in El Salvador. I hate these games in USA (that aren't against the USA) even if they bring large crowds for our opponents.

Here's the kicker, El Salvador are a shit draw in the US (not sure about Texas)

Just now, jpg75 said:

What are you talking about? There are large diaspora communities in SoCal and N.Virginia that always come out to see ES.

Not so often for friendlies. Demand is often not there unless they're playing a Latin rival and even then games can see low demand and not a high number of tickets are issued.

Well in the end I do feel that Canada should of at least hosted this game and figure out a time to play that would work out for CMNT and El Salvador. I just don't get why play in the USA, but then you got Mexico that does that quite a lot as well. Anyways I think with CPL hopefully coming next year having more games at home promoting the future league next year or year after would be an ideal situation. For CPL brains to analyze the possibility of having a team in certain parts of the country. Most important promoting a new era under OZ for CMNT. 

3 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

Well in the end I do feel that Canada should of at least hosted this game and figure out a time to play that would work out for CMNT and El Salvador. I just don't get why play in the USA, but then you got Mexico that does that quite a lot as well. 

It's in the USA because $$$

4 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

Anyways I think with CPL hopefully coming next year having more games at home promoting the future league next year or year after would be an ideal situation. For CPL brains to analyze the possibility of having a team in certain parts of the country. Most important promoting a new era under OZ for CMNT. 

Likely will see 2 or 3 in Canada next year.

8 minutes ago, matty said:

Not so often for friendlies. Demand is often not there unless they're playing a Latin rival and even then games can see low demand and not a high number of tickets are issued.

They had 20K against Honduras this year and that's a typical turn out.