Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars

Dominic94

I'm happy for Amuz, a 6'2 Centre-back playing in Uruguay top tier.defending against CONMEBOL style football. That's a huge plus if you look at our current depth

He was playing consistently in 2019...no sure if he's injured at the moment

Edited by Ansem

We can't expect to win them all.  All things considered, this wasn't bad.  Not grabbing Ferdi hurts, but he never really seemed interested so that isn't a surprise.  And while I get that Ferrera would be a good addition, a guy at his age who doesn't have a desire to play isn't that high on my priority list.  I would far rather be securing the young players with a lot of promise who want to rep the red and white.  I am hoping the Akinola chatter is more than him keeping his options open and really does signal a strong inclination towards Canada. 

I was a bit worried that Yankov was just feigning interest in us to get an early call from Bulgaria, so that's positive. I don't know where Amuz sits in our limited CB depth and Corbeanu was already confirmed.

Ferreira is the only one I'm a bit disappointed in. It would be nice if he realized that we're his only option sooner rather than later, because it doesn't look like we're gonna get him before qualifiers are finished at this rate.

Really hope our theoretical Davi(es)(id) effect kicks in soon, because I still feel like we're a back-up plan for the most part. I don't see us winning in a Dest-type situation.

Edited by PiedPilko

Really excited to see Martin Amuz, just for depth and how it plays out. Wonder if he would consider looking into the MLS at some point.

I also wonder if Cav and Amuz had a discussion at some point. 

When you look at the big picture Cav got PAID, a big part of that started from his exposure at the Gold Cup repping the red and white. He's well aware of this and has said he's forever grateful being Canadian. 

Be cool if Amuz and Cav chatted at some point. 

This is good stuff for a random Wednesday as a CMNT fan. 

Edited by apbsmith

5 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Really excited to see Martin Amuz, just for depth and how it plays out. Wonder if he would consider looking into the MLS at some point.

I also wonder if Cav and Amuz had a discussion at some point. 

When you look at the big picture Cav got PAID, a big part of that started from his exposure at the Gold Cup repping the red and white. He's well aware of this and has said he's forever grateful being Canadian. 

Be cool if Amuz and Cav chatted at some point. 

This is good stuff for a random Wednesday as a CMNT fan. 

I respect that Cav has done the job for us, but I am not sure I want him as part of our recruiting team.  Maybe that is unfair, but some of his past statements aren’t really the sort of thing to inspire dual nationals.   

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I respect that Cav has done the job for us, but I am not sure I want him as part of our recruiting team.  Maybe that is unfair, but some of his past statements aren’t really the sort of thing to inspire dual nationals.   

Fair enough, I do think he could use a lesson or two in interviews. I honestly will still give him the benefit of the doubt vs those poor choices of words. 

As a dual citizen myself, I'm a bit biased though. I do love his passion when he plays and when I watched him live and in person bang in that goal vs USA.... and how he kissed our crest on his jersey, I dunno, I'm a fan. 

I completely respect your point though.

Edited by apbsmith

Not much to add, you guys said it all. I am happy about Yankov. I am happy about Amuz, but I question what his level is. Corbeanu sounds promising, but until he plays first team football it's hard to know how good he is. My expectation is that he can be a Liam Millar level talent, and having another guy like that bodes well for us. I am not holding my breath with Akinola, but I am slightly more encouraged. Marmoush and Ferdi were never going to play for us, so no loss in my mind. Getting either would have only been a big bonus. No disappointment over either for me.

• Dominic94 changed the title to Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars