Jump to content

Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🤮 at the idea of Zavaleta playing for Canada.

With Borjan and Crepeau along with a bunch of young prospects, I have no desire to recruit Bush.  

His dad was a MF too, and I'm not talking about the soccer position.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Is he still committed to Canada? I know we don't play any youth games so can't really blame him. Would be pretty disappointed if he leaves.

As long as he pulls an Eustaquio, i.e. play his entire youth career with another country but commits to Canada's senior program, then the more games the better. It certainly helped Eustaquio's development to be involved in all the youth tournaments he was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the CSA has done the right thing in cancelling but man does it just feel like we are getting shat on in the moment. Davies with a big injury, David firing blanks, no games or camps and seemingly losing out on people to countries that are playing. It is general life though, play by the rules and watch those that don't get an advantage lol

With Odunze at least we never confirmed he had citizenship. He was awaiting it before his move to the UK happened. Likely we will never know. 

On the upside Akinola wasn't called up. So fingers crossed there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I think the CSA has done the right thing in cancelling but man does it just feel like we are getting shat on in the moment. Davies with a big injury, David firing blanks, no games or camps and seemingly losing out on people to countries that are playing. It is general life though, play by the rules and watch those that don't get an advantage lol

With Odunze at least we never confirmed he had citizenship. He was awaiting it before his move to the UK happened. Likely we will never know. 

On the upside Akinola wasn't called up. So fingers crossed there. 

The rules are only made up by the CSA.
And like the camp we should've had....the USA team is European based only. Reason why no domestic players were called. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toontownman said:

I think the CSA has done the right thing in cancelling but man does it just feel like we are getting shat on in the moment. Davies with a big injury, David firing blanks, no games or camps and seemingly losing out on people to countries that are playing. It is general life though, play by the rules and watch those that don't get an advantage lol

With Odunze at least we never confirmed he had citizenship. He was awaiting it before his move to the UK happened. Likely we will never know. 

On the upside Akinola wasn't called up. So fingers crossed there. 

Just curious, if the CSA did the right thing in cancelling, do you think the USA did the wrong thing by playing? We are indeed losing players left and right and to me it seems not playing is only contributing to that. Hard to bring players in when we aren't playing, and in the meantime other teams are, so how can it not hurt our ability to attract dual nationals?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Just curious, if the CSA did the right thing in cancelling, do you think the USA did the wrong thing by playing? We are indeed losing players left and right and to me it seems not playing is only contributing to that. Hard to bring players in when we aren't playing, and in the meantime other teams are, so how can it not hurt our ability to attract dual nationals?

Yeah it is very subjective and perspective based. A loaded question for sure. 

When the rest of the world seems to be ploughing ahead we lose pace. IMO if the opportunity is there and it's safe then we should be doing it. Are those like my comments putting their trust more in a safety and responsibility reasoning behind the camp/friendly cancellations? Honestly I have no idea what was in the offing for us or what roadblocks were in the way. 

Bottom line other nations are making it work. Are they all doing so in an unsafe way. Seems unlikely. In that case is it more that the CSA simply doesn't operate at the same professional level in planning and execution as the other nations? While it can be percieved as the safe and responsible thing to do is it infact irresponsible to miss this opportunity? Existing perception of the CSA likely tells it's own story.. but hey its subjective. Quickly brush it into that grey area under the carpet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Yeah it is very subjective and perspective based. A loaded question for sure. 

When the rest of the world seems to be ploughing ahead we lose pace. IMO if the opportunity is there and it's safe then we should be doing it. Are those like my comments putting their trust more in a safety and responsibility reasoning behind the camp/friendly cancellations? Honestly I have no idea what was in the offing for us or what roadblocks were in the way. 

Bottom line other nations are making it work. Are they all doing so in an unsafe way. Seems unlikely. In that case is it more that the CSA simply doesn't operate at the same professional level in planning and execution as the other nations? While it can be percieved as the safe and responsible thing to do is it infact irresponsible to miss this opportunity? Existing perception of the CSA likely tells it's own story.. but hey its subjective. Quickly brush it into that grey area under the carpet.

I don’t want to get into yet another round of “is COVID actually bad” but it is quite possible that many of the counties are in fact doing it wrong right now.  COVID is on the rise again and absolutely hammering many European countries.  
 

Not saying the CSA couldn’t be more creative in trying to make things happen, but I don’t think it is as simple as looking at other countries and assuming that we should do what they are doing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 9:33 AM, jordan said:

Odunze was called up by the USA. Was always a long shot as he was in the system 

C16E813E-7D6E-4C64-BA53-CC8DAC7CCC85.jpeg

 

To a friendly. A European-only friendly. A continent where wew only have 2 keepers in significant clubs/leagues. 

 

He's filling out numbers right now. Take a pill, man.  

Edited by One American
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, One American said:

 

To a friendly. A European-only friendly. A continent where wew only have 2 keepers in significant clubs/leagues. 

 

He's filling out numbers right now. Take a pill, man.  

Im confused, what is he taking a pill about? All he did was say Odunze was called up but no surprise because he was a long shot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 12:44 AM, badname22 said:

What ever happened to Lucas Bijker? I remember hearing he was also possibly eligible for Canada a few years back but nothing came of it. This season he's the starting leftback for Mechelen  in the Belgium first tier and i'm pretty sure he would be a good addition to the program.

 

i read an article about Massih Wassey and he only played for CanMNT because is mother (from Afghanistan) married a canadian, once his father is german. I mean maybe if it has a way to "cheat" Fifa rules on nationalize Bijker...

Link to post
Share on other sites

So any youth duals we could grab ?

 

from the current “gen” we didn’t do too bad.

we got, Ballou, Amuz, Busti, Estaquiao, Wotherspoon,, David (was he actually USA eligible ?) Arfield, Corbeanu, Tesho, Hoilett and Sturing. 

we lost out on Cristante, Tomori, Iankov and Kadioglu, likely Akinola and Onduze. 
 

so who’s in the next gen ? Unknowns or youth players...

Flores, Dias ? Anyone else ?

I didn’t put Davies and for this statement I don’t think I’ll count David, I’m not sure the danger of losing him existed.

We got a lot of hits, a home run and maybe another. Considering the state of the team in 2013 when I started following it, it’s been a nice climb.

It would have been nice to have hit another home run for a huge piece but there’s been some nice building blocks that we’ve secured. Tesho really changed the direction of the program as IIRC it started with him. We have more wins than losses for the first time in a while, we usually win small and lose big but we are up. If Ayo were to commit or Corbeanu to crack the PL I’m sure we’d be a lot happier.

but anyways, who can we target now ? Big name hunting time.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 3/22/2017 at 10:25 PM, Dominic94 said:

Anyone want to help me make a list of potential commits ? Sorry if there's a thread already.

 

FWD Akinola

MID Talba (I say this because we don't know what's happening here) Cristante

D Hedges (is he even eligible ?) Smith, Gutierrez, Ferreira, Tomori

GK Richey, Vailka (Is he eligible ?)

 

any others ?

hard to believe everyone we've gotten to commit recently, Hoilett, Aird, Akindle, Diego Gutierrez, Cordova, Corbin Ong, Arfield, Leutwiler, any others ? 8 commits in about a 3 year span is very good and even more impressive considering we used to almost always lose these guy.

I didn't include Koffie or Camara because the ship has sailed on that one. I suppose we could include potential future Canadians, as in guys who have been playing here for 3-4 years and may one day be able to get citizenship and represent us.

 


as the 1.0 era of duals closes I believe it’s time to take a look back and how far we’ve come.

So 4 years ago I started this and it’s nice to see how many battles we’ve won, look at how far we’ve come.

hoilett

arfield 

wotherspoon

ferreira

estaquio

sturing

Gutierrez Twins

Ballou

Busti

Aird

leutwiler

Corbeanu 

mitrovic (in progress)

amuz 

bassong

Brym

 

im surely forgetting more, I’d also like to thank CMNT legend Tesho Akindele who made the brave decision to join us and opened the flood gates for the others to follow, while he’s no longer a star for us he really did start the trend or reversing what JDG and OH did to us, we’ve won many battles while only losing 3 and there is not shame in losing to Italy and England, and we did beat some big nations players and some that are better than us, and let’s not forget that Scotty and Junior would have helped their other options a ton, and I would argue Stephen would push to be involved with Portugal. That’s right Scotland I’m talking to you. While all 3 loses were big ones, I think we can say we got some big wins and one with Theo that may end up being a massive one.
 

from the current era, the only battles left to fight are those of Kadioglu and Akinola, and we sit at 17-3, with 2 TBD, an exceptional record. Please do tell me if I’m forgetting players or if I can’t count, but at an over 80% success rate this era was a smashing success and credit must go to our nation for the good work they’ve done.

as the 1.0 era closes, the 2.0 era is underway in a future that sees Canada having world class players, plural, in their lineup, while we’re now fighting bigger battles for world class prospects, and some top young talent, so without further ado, its time to talk about the next era:


2.0 Duals world class edition

Marcelo Flores, M Arsenal CAN, MEX, ENG

Lucas Dias M Sporting CAN POR

Chritiru Onduze GK Leicester City CAN, ENG, USA, NIG

Omar Marmoush ST Werder Bremen ? CAN, EGP

please feel free to add other top prospects that we can chase, and I guess Marmoush caliber players ? And if I missed a dual we won let me know.

Edited by Dominic94
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Dominic94 changed the title to Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars
5 hours ago, jordan said:

I don’t think that’s been confirmed.

Goal from the other day 

 

Not confirmed, but if I'm not mistaken I think we need him to not get any more caps for the next 3 years and then successfully get him to switch. So he can't help us in 2022 qualifying, 2022 World Cup if we make it, 2021 Gold Cup, 2023 Gold Cup, whenever the next Nations League is, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...