Liam Millar

Northvansteve

2 hours ago, One American said:

I can't tell about Liam. He strikes me as being in a similar spot to the our youngster Brooks Lennon, who was at LFC and I guess is still their property. Lennon was on a tear for LFC youth teams before he got loaned to RSL. I doubt Lennon will ever make it to that top level. We'll see what happens with Liam.  

Not only are they following very similar paths, they are similar players. Hopefully Millar gets more of a chance at the LFC first team than Lennon has been afforded. 

Should Millar turn pro after this season? He turns 18 this month and judging by how well he's done with Liverpool's academy system he could get a chance to play somewhere else. He recently promoted to the U21 Team but perhaps he doesn't want to continue developing himself for the next 3 years if there is interest from other clubs 

I'm not saying rush him by any means

9 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Should Millar turn pro after this season? He turns 18 this month and judging by how well he's done with Liverpool's academy system he could get a chance to play somewhere else. He recently promoted to the U21 Team but perhaps he doesn't want to continue developing himself for the next 3 years if there is interest from other clubs 

He's already a professional. Are you asking whether he should ask for a loan or a release to play first team football?

15 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

So right now is he playing with the U19's, U21's or both?

Millar is with the U18 squad (his Sept. bday must have put him on the right side of the cut-off). England replaced the U19 age bracket with U18 about a decade or so ago. Liverpool are assembling a U19 squad this season because they qualified for UCL, which has all 32 teams play a U19 tournament that mirror the senior teams schedule.

As harry said, the Reserve/U21's were replaced with U23's a few years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why should he be put on loan?  The kid just turned 18, he's playing good mins at one of worlds top club's academy, who is managed by one of the greatest former English footballer player, he's playing against good competition and developing and training his skills at a world class training facility.

So he gets loan out to a small european team for what ? So he can just get more mins? What if he struggles against men on the loan, or gets hurt, his chances playing in EPL would be particularly gone and he'll be back in Canada playing in the MLS or CPL or bouncing around Eastern Europe or Scotland.

Yes there is a flip side to that, he could do amazing job on a loan and boost his stock. 

A loan can be risky, why risk it ? Makes no sense . Guys let's not rush him. Let the kid develop, he could be the world class striker Canada has never had.

here's idea, why does CSA schedule more friendlies and call him up or have the U20 team play against non-FIFA members ( I don't know if it's allowed)  like Guadeloupe, Martinique, Greenland, Aland Island, Shetland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon .

playing non-FIFA members wouldn't hurt our ranking and could be good playing against older players and help develop the team and players

Edited by SpecialK

The natural progression at this point would be to play up with the U23 squad, then go out on loan. When/If he does go out on loan at some point it'll need to be somewhere that helps him develop into the type of skilled EPL winger/forward that Liverpool require - so none of that League One/Two shit - Championship at min. and maybe even continental Europe. Is he ready for that level right now? Probably not, so U23's makes sense as the next step.

9 hours ago, jpg75 said:

The natural progression at this point would be to play up with the U23 squad, then go out on loan. When/If he does go out on loan at some point it'll need to be somewhere that helps him develop into the type of skilled EPL winger/forward that Liverpool require - so none of that League One/Two shit - Championship at min. and maybe even continental Europe. Is he ready for that level right now? Probably not, so U23's makes sense as the next step.

I agree I think he's dominated the U18's and has the chance to do the same with the U23's 

Personally I would much rather him play in a European first division league as opposed to being sent on loan in League One, would hurt his potential IMO

14 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Is Canada the only country he's eligible for? 

No, but his father who is a poster of this site, has stated their love for Canada and to rep the Nats

• 4 weeks later...

Liam  scored again today for Liverpool FC in a 6-0 thrashing of West Ham U18's  in the Premier league cup. 

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/280471-camacho-at-the-double-as-u18s-hit-west-ham-for-six

This follows up his assist in the UEFA Youth League win 3-0 vs Maribor FC. Steven Gerard's U19 sit top of the group.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/280066-u19s-hit-three-to-beat-maribor-in-uefa-youth-league

Liam is Liverpool's top scorer this season with 11 goals and 8 assists in all competitions.

He has really flourished under Steven Gerard and it seems to be a slow and steady approach to development with patience being the tact. He is really pushing the idea of creating winners and pushing the boys to be tougher and compete. 

Sorry last thing Liam's Goal is up for goal of the month for October...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/279993-have-your-say-lfc-s-october-goal-of-the-month

Edited by spitfire

• 3 weeks later...