Ballou Tabla

shermanator

19 minutes ago, Oranje said:

I was thinking more along the lines of having @Unnamed Trialist show up at Barca B and sing him a song, like a “Transfer-gram”. Your idea works too though

Or unveil a big Canadian flag in the stands with "Ballou" written on it.  @Unnamed Trialist's choice :)

Better yet, start whispering to all the fans that Tabla is know as "El canadiense". :lol:

Edited by ray

4 minutes ago, ray said:

Or unveil a big Canadian flag in the stands with "Ballou" written on it.  @Unnamed Trialist's choice :)

I'm onto this. We play at home this weekend but I doubt he even dresses, is not on form and hasn't trained with them yet. Away next week to Córdoba, home again Feb 10 to Alcorcón, good day. I needed a new flag anyways and they are cheap online. 

How about this from Canada: send him real postcards from home, physical objects. Via the club. 

Address is: 

Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla

Fútbol Club Barcelona

Avenida Arístides Maillol, s/n

08028 Barcelona

Spain

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm onto this. We play at home this weekend but I doubt he even dresses, is not on form and hasn't trained with them yet. Away next week to Córdoba, home again Feb 10 to Alcorcón, good day. I needed a new flag anyways and they are cheap online. 

How about this from Canada: send him real postcards from home, physical objects. Via the club. 

Address is: 

Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla

Fútbol Club Barcelona

08028 Barcelona

Spain

I like the idea but I thought players are turned off by getting letters.

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

So for those arguing that we should have cap tied BT earlier let's look at the timeline, and of course this is under the assumption that he would have accepted a call to the MNT at any point before OZ started talking to him. 

Nov 10 2015 - BT signs with FC Montreal.

Nov 13 2015 - CanMNT beat Honduras 1-0 in Vancouver.

Nov 17 2015 - CanMNT tie El Salvador away 0-0.

Sep 2 2016 - CanMNT lose to Honduras away 1-2.

Sep 6 2016 - CanMNT beat El Salvador 3-1 in Vancouver.

Oct 20 2016 - BT signs first professional contract.

July 7 2016 - GC begins, OZ states that BT has refused a call up to the MNT.

So when should we have called him? When would have you cap tied him? Before November 2015, when he was still an amateur play club soccer as a 15 year old?

You missed the March 2016 games against Mexico, but your point still stands.

23 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Address is: 

Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla

Fútbol Club Barcelona

08028 Barcelona

Spain

Perfect. Was going to ask you for the club address...

6 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

So for those arguing that we should have cap tied BT earlier let's look at the timeline, and of course this is under the assumption that he would have accepted a call to the MNT at any point before OZ started talking to him. 

Nov 10 2015 - BT signs with FC Montreal.

Nov 13 2015 - CanMNT beat Honduras 1-0 in Vancouver.

Nov 17 2015 - CanMNT tie El Salvador away 0-0.

Sep 2 2016 - CanMNT lose to Honduras away 1-2.

Sep 6 2016 - CanMNT beat El Salvador 3-1 in Vancouver.

Oct 20 2016 - BT signs first professional contract.

July 7 2016 - GC begins, OZ states that BT has refused a call up to the MNT.

So when should we have called him? When would have you cap tied him? Before November 2015, when he was still an amateur play club soccer as a 15 year old?

In my post earlier,  I referred to a media feature in the kid in the mainstream media that I saw.   This was before the time BT signed with Montreal.  He didnt get known only when he signed with Mtl

54 minutes ago, Free kick said:

In my post earlier,  I referred to a media feature in the kid in the mainstream media that I saw.   This was before the time BT signed with Montreal.  He didnt get known only when he signed with Mtl

No one said the opposite. I saw the same feature as I believe it was posted on this forum. That doesn't change the fact that cap tying a 16 year old amateur youth player in a crucial WCQ match would make our program look like more of a joke than it already is.

Just now, Moldy9 said:

Yes. If he’s the prodigy why not? What would we have to lose. Now look where we are. 

What would we have to lose? Our program would look like a bigger joke than it already is. 

Can you name one other instance of a youth amateur player being called to and playing in a WCQ?

10 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Hilarious. So the guy was railing against the ridiculousness of the Herdman hire is now advocating for more amateur moves. I guess you can have it both ways.

Dude I have no clue what you’re talking about. I never said anything bad on Herdman other than he won’t have the resources he was used to w the women and  that CSA handled the firing poorly. 

Chilax. What no one is allowed to bring solutions to this problem. Fine stick w the status quo. See how far that’ll take us.