Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morgan and Osorio both start in TFC 1-0 victory over Portland. Osorio subbed off towards the end but played a strong game as the LM. Morgan continuing to show that he belongs in the starting XI once everyone's healthy.

Bernier and Bekker both subbed in late in the game as Montreal beats Dallas 2-1

Froese goes 61 minutes in his first start. Poor passing but made one very nice run and showed some potential. Still a work in progress but needs more USL Pro time.

Russell picked up a few knocks according to the broadcasters (for what that is worth) and didn't play this one.

Morgan and Osorio both start in TFC 1-0 victory over Portland. Osorio subbed off towards the end but played a strong game as the LM. Morgan continuing to show that he belongs in the starting XI once everyone's healthy.

Very happy for Morgan taking his chance this season. I really wonder what will happen once Bloom and Cadwell return? Do you leave Morrow at RB and keep Bloom on the bench, or does Bloom enter and Morrow moves to LB and drops Morgan to the bench. Maybe Morrow will be the one to move to the bench? That seems less likely...

^ I think we discussed this after last week's game. I think we leave it as is. Morrow has been good, probably better than Bloom on the right, while Morgan has been every bit as good as Morrow on the left. Looks like Ash has his confidence back and has been playing well both offensively and defensively. Nice tribute to him before the game yesterday for playing in his 100th game.

Did you think Morgan was that good?  He wasn't bad but he had a few poor touches.  I've seen better from him.  

Bekker looked dangerous he served up a ball to Blas Perez that was nearly a goal, save for Evan Bush.  Akindele FWIW also took the shot that rebounded to Hedges for the Dallas goal.

Did you think Morgan was that good?  He wasn't bad but he had a few poor touches.  I've seen better from him.  

Overall I think he's been playing very well these last few games. There's been some bad touches/passes here and there but I still think he's better now than when he was during Winter's reign. Most importantly he's not committing reckless fouls 4-5 times a match. Osorio isn't the best at tracking back so Morgan needs to be defensively astute.

We'll see if he continues starting once Bloom returns, speaking of which, when is that going to happen? I thought he only had a minor injury. 

Overall I think he's been playing very well these last few games. There's been some bad touches/passes here and there but I still think he's better now than when he was during Winter's reign. Most importantly he's not committing reckless fouls 4-5 times a match. Osorio isn't the best at tracking back so Morgan needs to be defensively astute.

We'll see if he continues starting once Bloom returns, speaking of which, when is that going to happen? I thought he only had a minor injury. 

The Bloom situation seems odd.  Sort of reminds me of Nana Attakora in 2011 where he came off being a starter in 2010 but you could tell they were trying to weed him out because he wanted more $.  If Bloom wants more money he's gonna be shipped out and my guess is that is what's happening.

The Bloom situation seems odd.  Sort of reminds me of Nana Attakora in 2011 where he came off being a starter in 2010 but you could tell they were trying to weed him out because he wanted more $.  If Bloom wants more money he's gonna be shipped out and my guess is that is what's happening.

I don't think that's the case. He got a new contract and is still apparently not recovering as well as TFC had hoped.

lol Bekker gets the start for Dallas and they're losing 4-0.

He has the same problem he has in Toronto, not really skilled enough for AM and certainly not athletic or aware enough for a holding position. I still maintain he'd be a good NASL or USL player, he just doesn't have the ability to compete at the MLS level.

He has the same problem he has in Toronto, not really skilled enough for AM and certainly not athletic or aware enough for a holding position. I still maintain he'd be a good NASL or USL player, he just doesn't have the ability to compete at the MLS level.

The week before he was probably Dallas' best player against the Impact after he came on. Most of the offence was moving through him and he set up numerous chances for the strikers including setting up the Perez chance that won Bush save of the week. That is probably why he started this week. At times in other games I have watched he seems lackadaisical and not involved enough and defending is not his strong point but his skill level is absolutely at MLS level. He just needs to do what he did against the Impact for 90 minutes consistently and he will be a starter in this league. Whether he will be able to do so remains to be seen but the potential and skill is there.

As for the comments about him being on the wrong side of a 4-0 score, did any of you watch the game?  Dallas was on the road against a strong Kansas City team and their CB Loyd got beaten badly and hauled down the player for his second yellow and Dallas played the end of the first half and the whole second half with 10 men. Since they were already down by 1 and had to attack with 10 men it is not really that surprising that they gave up some goals none of which were the fault of Bekker. 

As for the comments about him being on the wrong side of a 4-0 score, did any of you watch the game?  Dallas was on the road against a strong Kansas City team and their CB Loyd got beaten badly and hauled down the player for his second yellow and Dallas played the end of the first half and the whole second half with 10 men. Since they were already down by 1 and had to attack with 10 men it is not really that surprising that they gave up some goals none of which were the fault of Bekker. 

Shhh...you're ruining Vince's regular rag on Bekker with logic and actual analysis.

Archived