Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looked like Chapman was going to have his first MLS minutes and play at the same time with Jackson but Vanney changed his mind.

Edit: Chapman gets his first MLS minutes at 84'. Osorio player 84 minutes ans Morgan should play until the end of the match.

TFC 3 - 1 San Jose after 85 minutes.

Despite giving away a penalty with a hand ball in the box, I thought Morgan looked really good and linked up well with Giovinco. It is really amazing to see the difference this year compared to last.  I wonder if it is just down to getting a consistent run out and rebuilding his confidence or if it is the coaching staff getting the best out of him?  Either way, it is very nice to see. The Sky Sports pundits were also complimentary to him.  

Osorio had a pretty average game. Didn't play bad or make any mistakes just didn't have a major impact on the match.  Made a nice run in the second half and was set up beautifully by Giovionco but couldn't bury the chance.

Glad to see Chapman get his debut.  With him, Hamilton and Mannella on the bench, I was glad one was used.  As Canucklefan said, he came on in the 84th minute so he didn't see much of the ball.  Made a few short passes and kept things simple.  I am hoping Vanney will start to blood some of these young players here and there. I imagine by the time players leaver for the Gold cup and the squad get hit with more injuries, some of these guys might be called on to play key minutes.  

Despite giving away a penalty with a hand ball in the box, I thought Morgan looked really good and linked up well with Giovinco. It is really amazing to see the difference this year compared to last.  I wonder if it is just down to getting a consistent run out and rebuilding his confidence or if it is the coaching staff getting the best out of him?  Either way, it is very nice to see. The Sky Sports pundits were also complimentary to him.  

There was a game last year with Nelsen in charge where Morrow was injured.  Rather than give Morgan a minute or two, Nelsen disastrously used Bloom at LB.  I think that said all you needed to know about Nelsen's confidence in Morgan.

Teibert gets the late sub in role for a few minutes to end the game. Good news to see he is back to playing, bad news is that Gersh was MOTM and played the best I've seen him play in a long time. Scored a cracker of a goal, defended like a demented Doberman.

This must be one of the most Canadian rounds in MLS history no? With the two players for Dallas and one for Sporting, TFC's 3 appearances, Larin getting the start for Orlando, Teibert seeing a few seconds and Bernier and Jackson-Hamel coming on for the Impact. 

I think that said all you needed to know about Nelsen's confidence in Morgan.

It might also say all you need to know about the whole coaching staff (Brennan, O'Leary) and their ability to develop a younger player.  He really regressed during that time.

I always felt that all he needed was a change of scenery and coaching style to get him back from his slump, but I am surprised (and pleased) to see that he has been able to turn it around at his home club.  Good for him :)  And good on Vanney, Fraser, and Bent for sticking with him.

Also very happy for Morgan. He played well yesterday and was a bit unlucky with the PK, not much he could do to avoid the ball touching his arm.

I know he s not canadian but what a player Giovinco is! Just wow!

I know he s not canadian but what a player Giovinco is! Just wow!

He's the real deal, isn't he?  Fun guy to watch but also I've been impressed with his attitude.

Also glad to see Osorio ahead of Finley (finally).  Playing consistently with the little Italian is going to benefit his game significantly.

I think it's happening already. Osorio doesn't miss a beat playing with Giovinco, Bradley and Cheyrou. That in itself shows how good Osorio is. I think he will continue to make a name for himself in this league, much like Will Johnson did at RSL. He wasn't the main man but developed a reputation for being a key part of a top midfield in MLS. I see the same for Osorio.

Teibert gets 74' in his first start after his injury in out 2-1 loss to Montreal tonight. Bernier goes 90 and Tissot gets 27' as a sub.

Tissot played very well, a couple of great defensive clearances and a great chance after a sweet Piatti set up after a good off the ball run from Max.

Anthony Jackson-Hamel came on in 81' minute and had a beauty pass to Romero to set then set up Piatti's winner. AJL seemed to have completed all of his passes and almost scored on a set up in the 6 from Romero. They seem to have good chemistry.

TRM hates Canada so much that he doesn't even know that Anthony Jackson-Hamel is Canadian :)

That was a late sub and I'd had several beer by then. That and he held it up so nicely and made such a nice pass in triple coverage for the setup on their second goal I thought it was Romero but Romero was the player he passed it to.

TFC (Morgan, Osorio, Chapman and Manella) 2 - 1 DC United (Opare)

Morgan stared as LB and played 90 minutes, Osorio also started as the AM and played until the final whistle, and Chapman played the last 17 minutes of the game plus added time, while Mannella stayed on the bench. Opare started and played 90 minutes as a CD for DC.

It seems TFC improved defensively but still, where the club would be without Giovinco?

Columbus Crew 0 - 1 Montreal Impact (Tissot, Jackson-Hamel, Bernier) after 75 minutes

Tissot gets his second start of the season as an AM at left and scores at 55'. Jackson-Hamel and Bernier are on the bench.

EDIT: I've just watched the goal on MLSsoccer.com and Tissot was offside IMO.

Who cares where TFC would be without Giovinco.  He's the DP and he's in the long terms plans so we have him.  Toronto FC just beat the best team in the East and they look like they will be a contender.  That's all that really matters isn't it.  BTW it's nice to see that they have 2 Canadian starters and Chapman looks like he's could be something as well so they're getting good Canadian content AND winning!

Great to see Tissot get some PT and a goal for Montreal.  Looks like he's going to force himself into the discussion in MTL as they look like they're turning it around a bit too.

Archived