Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a boneheaded decision to play it across the goal but even his awareness was shocking, the NYCFC player wasn't really close to him. You have to hope he won't see the pitch for awhile.

If he does, we'll have to assume that he has got pictures of Vanney in an uncompromising position. He had Bloom on the bench and since he subbed out a midfielder (Jackson) he could also have brought on Chapman instead. it makes the sub all the more aggravating, even more so if you are also a Canada fan and saw another poor late sub help cause the team you support to lose points. Twice in two days

If he does, we'll have to assume that he has got pictures of Vanney in an uncompromising position. He had Bloom on the bench and since he subbed out a midfielder (Jackson) he could also have brought on Chapman instead. it makes the sub all the more aggravating, even more so if you are also a Canada fan and saw another poor late sub help cause the team you support to lose points. Twice in two days

I don't see how Creavalle can continue with the team after these last two games, his teammates have completely lost faith in him and his own confidence is shot. Vanney sure does some weird things with the substitutions although I do think he generally gets his best eleven on the field. Man, though, does that team need a good veteran goalkeeper. Enough screwing around with these fringe guys.

Marky Delgado is going to keep Jay Chapman nailed to the bench this season.

Not sure if serious.  Delgado made a nice run for the goal, but he was the worst player on the pitch in the first half.  Bad giveaway on the first NYC goal, ball watching on the second.  He did improve as the game went on, but to say Delgado is any better than Chapman is plain wrong.

Although I've watched every game with Chapman and Delgado, I think it has yet to be seen who is the better player.  I think if the situation were reversed, and it was Delgado who was Canadian, I think a lot of people would be talking about Delgado having potential in a TFC uniform, and would be wondering why Chapman started ahead of him last game. 

Which is fine, just pointing it out for what it is.  I'm also a full-blown homer so it's cool lol

Marky Delgado is going to keep Jay Chapman nailed to the bench this season.

They're both rather unspectacular and will see the bench once every one comes back ...even with the former scoring an easy tap in today. However, with him being American, Marky will be able to carve out a decent career as an MLS journeyman.

More of MLS and not respecting international dates. It wouldn't be so bad if Osorio & Teibert had actually started in some Gold Cup games but just sub appearances so far. Hope to see them start on Tuesday for us. The old are getting too old and the young are off on MNT duty so all is not bad but more MLS quality players needed for sure.

Not a single Canadian saw the field for TFC, Impact or the Whitecaps this weekend. Yes, TFC was missing two Canadians that usually play, but how the hell is Canada being served by these clubs with that kind of statistic?

Over 25 Canadians saw the field for those three clubs this weekend. Thirty Canadians plus in total counting NASL played in our current leagues, plus the teams provided twenty to thirty players for the senior and U-23 sides that played this week. Don't think this is the problem, especially given that 80%+ of these players are under 23 and just starting their career.

Montreal acquire Kyle Bekker from Dallas for Bakary Soumare. To me this seems like a case of two teams swapping spare parts, as Soumare has been poor when he's played, and Bekker has been surplus to requirements in Dallas. Montreal is not short of skilled attacking midfielders, let alone less-than-skilled ones.

The press release notes that he has 16 caps already for Canada. Good Lord.

I'll say it again, Bekker will end up in the Dutch Eerste Divisie where he will carve out a decent career. MLS is too fast and strong for him, in Dutch 2nd he'll be able to get away with loafing around and not defending while showing off his above-average skill set for that level.

Not sure it was about Bekker so much as finding a team that would take Soumare. Big cap savings for Montreal with this trade.

Pretyty much this. After what Soumare said yesterday to the media (A lot of stuff that has been going in Montreal for probably longer than I can recall), the Impact had to trade him as soon as possible. Is Bekker important? No, not really, they just wanted to trade Soumare.

I'll say it again, Bekker will end up in the Dutch Eerste Divisie where he will carve out a decent career. MLS is too fast and strong for him, in Dutch 2nd he'll be able to get away with loafing around and not defending while showing off his above-average skill set for that level.

Not only that but I believe he will also get time in the Eredivisie at some point. Obviously I can't imagine with a top team, but perhaps with a yo-yo club that bounces up and down from the 1st and 2nd divisions.

Not only that but I believe he will also get time in the Eredivisie at some point. Obviously I can't imagine with a top team, but perhaps with a yo-yo club that bounces up and down from the 1st and 2nd divisions.

I don't know how far into the future you are imagining this happening, but he'd better get a move on as he is nearly 25.

Imagine what could've been had he managed to get that work permit in the Netherlands with Ajax

Morgan plays the full game in TFC's 2-1 victory over the Union; thought he was very confident at both ends of the pitch and is looking like their best fullback this season. Osorio played 88 minutes and Chapman came on for the final 5.

Larin was ejected a third of the way through Orlando's 2-0 loss to the NYRB for a studs up challenge. Didn't really pay attention to Orlando during the GC but Heath certainly has confidence in the kid giving him the start for the first game back.

Tissot and Jackson-Hamel get limited sub minutes as the Impact lose 2-1 to SKC.

Larin was ejected a third of the way through Orlando's 2-0 loss to the NYRB for a studs up challenge.

Somewhat controversially as it didn't look like the studs made any contact, nor was it that hard of a challenge. And it was the 4th official, Ted "Point to the spot" Unkel who made the call. Orlando's coach went ballistic over the call, kept complaining and early in the 2nd was sent off himself, as he exhorted the crowd to cheer him & the team as he walked off the field.

By the way, Ouimette came on for the final 9 minutes of the Orlando-NY game

Archived