Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

- Tesho came off the bench while Bekker stayed on it for Dallas's 1-1 draw on Friday with Colorado

- DeJong played 90 and assisted on the first SKC goal as they won 2-1.

- Finlay tallied two goals and an assist, and was voted MOTM as Columbus beat Philly 4-1. Vitoria played 90 in a losing cause.

- Sam and Teibert both are set to start for VWFC vs DC United, who have Opare starting in the back. No Froese on the bench as new guy Techara, Mezquida are in the 18 and a fit and starting Rosales clog up an already deep midfield. I reckon Vancouver's 7 on the bench are better than seven of quite a few team's starting eleven. Guys like Hurtado, Froese, Dean not even on the bench.

SKC drew HOU in a wild 4-4 game.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morgan started and went 90 at LB for TFC.  He played very sharp in his 99th TFC game including one really crisp cross into the box.

Osorio came in at LM at 66' to finish the game

Larin started and played 67' for Orlando.  He looked pretty dangerous for a fair bit of the game.

Morgan earns a bench spot in team of the week for round 8

Teibert - 2 (bench)

Larin - 1 (bench)

De Jong - 2 (starter)

Adekugbe -1 (starter)

Morgan - 1 (bench)

I may be incorrect, but wasn't Teibert one starter and one bench for team of the week?

Nice to have some depth on the left side, most of which are in MLS and playing regularly. 

De Jong     Teibert

Morgan      Tissot

Adekugbe

True. Carl Robinson clearly thinks that Teibert is best deployed centrally, but I can imagine a MNT midfield with Johnson and Hutch in the middle where Teibert is played out wide.

Osorio, too, when he is not a pure central midfielder, usually plays on the left, am I right?

True. Carl Robinson clearly thinks that Teibert is best deployed centrally, but I can imagine a MNT midfield with Johnson and Hutch in the middle where Teibert is played out wide.

Osorio, too, when he is not a pure central midfielder, usually plays on the left, am I r

Yes. Quite alarming though though that we don't have much going on the right. Any real options are still a ways away from being ready. (Petrasso, Grant, Serban, Aird)

Yes. Quite alarming though though that we don't have much going on the right. Any real options are still a ways away from being ready. (Petrasso, Grant, Serban, Aird)

Hoilett lol. Imagine a starting midfield of Teibert-Hutchinson-Johnson-Hoilett

There have been lots of successful FB's that play on their wrong natural side.  You lose some in crossing but it creates other opportunities as well.  With our depth chart getting fairly deep at LB and non-existent at RB I think this is probably a good strategy at least from a talent management perspective.

For sure I think it's really something to see Morgan's resurgence with Toronto.  I think they're going to be going with him and Morrow at FB for the next while at least.  Suddenly we have quality depth again it looks.

Morgan goes 90 for TFC in their 1-0 win over the hapless Philadelphia Union. Osorio never left the bench, Findley preferred to him once again as a right-sided player in TFC's more conventional 4-4-2 set-up.

Ouimette goes 90 for New York Red Bulls as they suffer their first loss of the season. Karl picked up what looked to me an undeserved yellow card (debatable if it was even a foul).

TFC's formation is pathetic for a team with their talent.  A narrow diamond 4-4-2 instead of a 4-2-3-1?  What a coward Vanney is. 

Also BearcatSA Bekker was on the bench last game not in the press box as he was this week.  Morgan was decent, extremely impressed by his recovery early on and his cross that should have been a goal from Jackson (what a horrible player btw, no excuse that a player with that talent takes a spot from a Canadian), overall though he is average.  

Watched Ouimette with NYRB.  Decent match,he wasn't at fault for either goal and looked to belong.  Even though he was center back he made one of the most dangerous runs of the match.

TFC's formation is pathetic for a team with their talent.  A narrow diamond 4-4-2 instead of a 4-2-3-1?  What a coward Vanney is. 

Vanney's job is on the line now, he had to change the tactic.

This team was carried on individual performances by its DP's the last 2 games. Against 2 of the worst teams in MLS. It won't be so easy against the better teams. Luckily for TFC the East is garbage in general and the new playoff format will be very forgiving.

Vanney had no choice.  The team were leaking goals with that 4-2-3-1 formation and looked pathetic doing so.  The ship had to be tightened.  It was an ugly game but a big win that salvaged the 7 game trip.

Yes, Toronto (and Montreal) need to follow Vancouver's model: the first priority has to be stop letting in goals. Whether that's through personnel investments or having two holders and asking your fullbacks to stay back, you need to be solid defensively. Rennie's Whitecaps weren't particularly talented but they made they playoffs in the much tougher Western conference by packing it in whenever necessary, and Robinson has continued in that philosophy. Style and attacking play come second, and both Altidore and Giovinco can create goals out of very little, so I expect Toronto to continue in this formation and style. As @narduch said, getting top-6 in the East this year shouldn't be too hard.

Jackson (what a horrible player btw, no excuse that a player with that talent takes a spot from a Canadian), overall though he is average.  

Jackson, Oduro, sure they can run, but absolutely clueless when they got the ball.

Also BearcatSA Bekker was on the bench last game not in the press box as he was this week.  

My oversight.  Regardless, for two games in a row Pareja has opted to use American U20 international Kellyn Acosta in the dual holding mid role spot alongside Ulloa in place of the veteran (and athletically limited) Michel.  I'm curious as to how the rest of the first half of the season plays out for Bekker in Dallas.

Archived