Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be so Canadian, it was 10% Kaka and 90% Larin!!    :)

Russell comes in as a sub for 16 minutes in our 1-0 win over LA.  You know your coach has confidence in you when you are subbing out Laba with less than 20 minutes to go in a game where you hold a slim one goal lead.

Remind me what Lefevre's status is...and what happened with Finlay vs. Mtl?

He's a permanent resident. I'm not holding my breath on it and even him hasn't said that he wanted to play for Canada I'm just wondering Dub Narcotic, do you have any information on Lefèvre potentially playing for us or getting his citizenship?

Finlay started didn't do a lot and got subbed out at the end.

He's a permanent resident. I'm not holding my breath on it and even him hasn't said that he wanted to play for Canada I'm just wondering Dub Narcotic, do you have any information on Lefèvre potentially playing for us or getting his citizenship?

Finlay started didn't do a lot and got subbed out at the end.

None at all, and he supported France in the Impact's video they made about the WWC, but I certainly think he should be contacted.

It seems TFC improved defensively but still, where the club would be without Giovinco?

Where would Barca be without Messi, where would Real be without Ronaldo, where would Chelsea be without Hazard? Just be happy you got him.

Looking at Larin scoring at will (could have been two), I've come to realize Canada has both last years' MLS rookie of the year and this years' as well. Things can change pretty fast don't they?

Where would Barca be without Messi, where would Real be without Ronaldo, where would Chelsea be without Hazard? Just be happy you got him.

Looking at Larin scoring at will (could have been two), I've come to realize Canada has both last years' MLS rookie of the year and this years' as well. Things can change pretty fast don't they?

Barça and Real Madrid are very strong sides without their stars and would manage to win games without Messi and Ronaldo. I'm not sure I can say the same of TFC right now. To me, it's basically the same team of last year, the club performed decently until Defoe was out because of injury. There's still improvement to do in defense.

Might wanna keep an eye on the FC Dallas match tonight.  FC Dallas has a ton of absences so it's looking likely that Akindele and Bekker will both start.

Akindele not in the side and Bekker remained on the bench, even though all three central mids (Ullo, Michel, and Diaz) were on first half yellow cards in a classic Baldomero Toledo reffed match which in the end featured three red cards (two for SJ).

Akindele in the side and Bekker remained on the bench, even though all three central mids (Ullo, Michel, and Diaz) were on first half yellow cards in a classic Baldomero Toledo reffed match which in the end featured three red cards (two for SJ).

Fixed your post. Akindele played the full match.

Barça and Real Madrid are very strong sides without their stars and would manage to win games without Messi and Ronaldo. I'm not sure I can say the same of TFC right now. To me, it's basically the same team of last year, the club performed decently until Defoe was out because of injury. There's still improvement to do in defense.

But not to the same extend. When Bayern got slaughtered by Barca last month they had to do without Arjan Robben AND Ribery. Now they still had a decent team capable of beating a lot of others, but it really does matter. Without a Messi in form, Barca wouldn't stand a chance in the Champions League. 

Akindele not in the side and Bekker remained on the bench, even though all three central mids (Ullo, Michel, and Diaz) were on first half yellow cards in a classic Baldomero Toledo reffed match which in the end featured three red cards (two for SJ).

Wow, that's rough for Bekker if he still can't get an appearance.

Toledo is a complete joke, there was only one legitimate red in that game.

3-1 NYCFC v Impact Jackson-Hamel, Bernier and Gagnon-Lapare all saw time in the second half. Haven't watched too much of either, but both teams were pretty sloppy tonight.

Bekker gets the start and plays 74 minutes in Dallas' 3-0 loss to Seattle. 

Lefevre scored the only goal for MTL.  Since his tweet about getting CAN citizenship I think that's pretty relevant.  Only the 3rd "Canadian" to score in our "domestic" league this year 

Watched the highlights of the Dallas game.  Bekker was directly responsible for the 2 goals when he was on the pitch.  The first he is played a poor pass by his teammate when he is under pressure but despite recognizing the pressure he sticks in a half attempted boot and loses the ball to a committed player.  The second a high ball comes in and he is held off by Martins outside the 6 yard box and allows him to turn and blast home.  I've always been high on Bekker for his talent but that lack of commitment will never get him anywhere.  

Well, you also noticed the second NYCFC goal was a big error on the part of Lefevre? I mean he did make up for it somewhat, but if you're calling errors, that one was bigger than either mistake Bekker might have made.

The Obafemi goal would be hard for a seasoned CB to defend btw, I don't think you can blame Bekker too much for that combination of strength and class. 

Yeah, Lefevre did not really have a good game.  If he did get Canadian citizenship, I'm not sure where on the depth chart he'd be.  

I watched the whole Impact-NYC game and I didn't think Lefevre was that bad on the whole.  

On the Diskerud goal, Lefevre definitely has a brain fart and should have played the way he was facing (Reo-Coker was right there on the touch line for him) but once he decides to turn back, watch the middle of field:  Villa moves forward to cut off a pass back to Bush and Ciman ignores the danger and just jogs and leaves Villa to get 10 yds on him.  Toia and Reo-Coker seem too casual as well.  The only one that seems to be trying back to provide an option for Lefevre once he gets himself in a jam is Bernier, and only half-heartedly at that.  I suppose Ciman is already in a good spot to receive an outlet from Lefevre, but for me Ciman has to get back and prevent the danger that Villa presents and let the mids provide the outlet.  Gong show all around in my books.  They all basically watch Poku and Villa box Lefevre in.  Once Lefevre loses it to Poku, it's too late for them to recover properly, and even then they seem way too casual as a group.

Agree with davey_twelve that both teams looked sloppy on the whole.  I wonder how much of that might be the pitch.  It's the first time I've watched a Yankee Stadium game, and it reminded me of SKC's old pitch, only worse:  really narrow and short and God knows what the grass is like that was obviously covering up the infield and the warning track.  Lots of crosses and corners overhit, simple balls to wide players misjudged and put straight out, and play so tight that it was hard to build up and maintain a consistent rhythm on either side.

While I thought Lefevre was okay, it sure wasn't a great team performance from Mtl, and I agree that Lefevre would be 6th or 7th on the depth chart at CB at best.

Kianz opens his scoring with a nice finish and the winning goal in our 2-1 win over NYRB after coming on as a sub (71st minute). Was a great play because he intercepted the ball, got it to Octavio then ran on for the return pass and finished with a nice low, hard, accurate shot. Textbook kind of stuff. Teibert comes in for the last 6 minutes as a sub.

Tissot starts and plays 90, while Bernier comes on for 18 minutes in his now-familiar closer role as the Impact knock off Orlando 2-0. Cyle Larin played 90 in a losing cause for Orlando.

Morgan and Osorio were both starters for Toronto in their 2-0 loss at home to NYCFC. Morgan came off in the 83rd.

(And don't look now, but the Impact are just one spot and two points back of Toronto, with one game in hand. One wouldn't have to look to hard to dig up posts from this spring proclaiming Montreal as the worst team in the league).

Will Johnson starting for Portland who lead 1-0 at the half over Houston.

Archived