Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

He's a distributer, not a destroyer. Have to say though he does seem to lack a certain amount of aggression on the pitch. If he wasn't on that Gen Adidas contract, his MLS status would be in danger. His attacking prowess should be more beneficial than his lack of defense hurts the team.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a distributer, not a destroyer. Have to say though he does seem to lack a certain amount of aggression on the pitch. If he wasn't on that Gen Adidas contract, his MLS status would be in danger. His attacking prowess should be more beneficial than his lack of defense hurts the team.

Bekker isn't on a Generation Adidas contract.  That's the thing, he clearly has talent and everyone knows it but he needs to decide whether he wants to make a living off that talent or use it in Sunday league.  He has a golden opportunity, either change or get a real job and play football as a passion.

You're right he's not. Surprises me that Dallas even wanted him in the first place then. 

On topic:

Bernier starts for Impact against Houston. Gets subbed after 67 minutes. I don't understand Klopas' subs when they are trailing. Tissot and Jackson-Hamel remain benched. Wonder when J-H gets his first minutes of the season.

No Canucks start for Whitecaps today. Teibert and Kianz-Froese get minutes, 22 and 10 respectively. Adekugbe stayed on the bench for this one.

Philly gets its first (dramatic) win, as Vitoria puts in another full shift. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the mix this summer.

Opare plays another 90 minutes for DC. He seems to make the best of his opportunity. Ouimette on the bench for Red Bulls. Looks like he'll be getting some MLS minutes this season after all.

Marcel de Jong puts in 90 minutes as KC draws 0-0 at home. 

Tonight, Timbers vs Orlando. Cyle Larin looks to get his frst start of the season. No idea how Johnson is in his recovery.

I thought Kianz was the best thing about an otherwise tired looking team. His runs and dribbles at the defenders were the most dangerous thing we did all night. I know he came on late and got to run at tired defenders but he still did exactly what he should do in that situation so I expect to see more of him.

Nice to see Cyle scoring his first pro goal. I was able to watch parts of the fame and I can tell he has real potential. Let´s hope he can turn into something special for us.

I think that Cyle greatest virtue is that he knows how to make good use of his athletic body. Indeed, he has a real potential.

Taylor Twellman compared him to Garrincha, but i think we should hold up before making comparisons to all-world talents. That said Larin has the size, speed and technique to really do a good job holding the ball up and appears to have a finishers instincts.

Yeah always nice to get those sorts of comparisons. So in 4 years you can hear the commentator say he was once known as the new Garincha you know! I'm just glad he gets a couple of starts right now. Playing with Kaka must be awesome for the kid.

Larin started and had a couple of looks, but pulled for a defender before half as Orlando gets a red card.

If I was Larin I would be fuming at that defender.  The guy pretty much gifted Columbus their first goal then thought he got fouled a few minutes later with no call (it wasn't a foul) and immediately runs after the closest Columbus player and lunges at him with two feet.. straight red.  How can you be a professional and lose your cool that easily?  Not to mention he ran away like a coward the whole time after he fouled the CLB player.. and this is the same guy who spat at a camera man last week in Portland.

Poor game from Sam.

Not his best but I wouldn't say poor. More like average. That won't be good enough but if it is only an odd game here and there where his performance drops then he'll be okay. His defending was okay but he was only 50/50 on his passing. 

- Tesho came off the bench while Bekker stayed on it for Dallas's 1-1 draw on Friday with Colorado

- Edit: My bad, must have been looing at the wrong week for SKC

- Finlay tallied two goals and an assist, and was voted MOTM as Columbus beat Philly 4-1. Vitoria played 90 in a losing cause.

- Sam and Teibert both are set to start for VWFC vs DC United, who have Opare starting in the back. No Froese on the bench as new guy Techara, Mezquida are in the 18 and a fit and starting Rosales clog up an already deep midfield. I reckon Vancouver's 7 on the bench are better than seven of quite a few team's starting eleven. Guys like Hurtado, Froese, Dean not even on the bench.

Archived