Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 8th - Cyle Larin started and scored his second goal of the season  as he helped Orlando come back from 2-0 down to earn a 2-2 tie against New England.

May 9th - No De Jong dressed for KC once again in a 1-1 tie with DC United. No Canadians see the field for Montreal in a 2-1 loss to Portland (Will Johnson not yet back from injury for Portland) - Bernier & Tissot on the bench. Teibert goes 90 for Vancouver in a 3-0 win over Philadelphia with Adekugbe not leaving the bench. No Vitoria dressed for Philly once again.

Teibert goes 90 for Vancouver in a 3-0 win over Philadelphia with Adekugbe not leaving the bench. No Vitoria dressed for Philly once again.

It surprised me that Vitoria was not there. Given how bad they are as a team right now. Philly just totally suck right now. Only 2 real sequences that threatened in 90 minutes and only one serious chance at net that may have been offside but went uncalled. 

Russell looked very good and was very effective alongside Laba.

Marcel apparently has a left hip muscle strain I've also read Calf strain not sure which. But at least that means he hasn't lost his place due to poor play not yet anyway.

I suspected it had to be an injury, it would seem strange to go from regular starter, assisting on your team's only goal in the last game you play to not even making the bench.

I suspect Vitoria must be injured too. Phillly got a central defender sent off in their game so they are getting really thin in that position if he doesn't come back. And speaking of possible Canadian national teamers, I forgot to mention Opare played the full 90 for DC united.

Also on May 9th, Dallas beats LA 2-1, with Akindele taking advantage of some good ol' Dan Gargan-style defending and scoring the winner (entering the game at the start of the 2nd) and Kyle Bekker coming on for the last 30 minutes (in fact, subbed on right after LA took a 1-0 lead - clearly Kyle coming on was the difference! :) )

I suspected it had to be an injury, it would seem strange to go from regular starter, assisting on your team's only goal in the last game you play to not even making the bench.

I suspect Vitoria must be injured too. Phillly got a central defender sent off in their game so they are getting really thin in that position if he doesn't come back. And speaking of possible Canadian national teamers, I forgot to mention Opare played the full 90 for DC united.

Also on May 9th, Dallas beats LA 2-1, with Akindele taking advantage of some good ol' Dan Gargan-style defending and scoring the winner (entering the game at the start of the 2nd) and Kyle Bekker coming on for the last 30 minutes (in fact, subbed on right after LA took a 1-0 lead - clearly Kyle coming on was the difference! :) )

Bekker was really poor in his 30 minutes. Not inspiring at all.

Also Ouimette got in when Miazga was sent off for NYRB. Looked solid.

Dallas (Bekker, Akindele) 0 - 0 NYRB (Ouimette)

Ouimette is having lots of playing time lately. He played 90 minutes as a central defender while Akindele started and played 59 minutes as one of the 3 attacking midfielders. Bekker sat 90 minutes on the bench.

Morgan goes 90 and Osorio 83 as TFC grind out out a 1-1 draw on the road against New England. Altidore got injured pulling his hamstring again so one wonders if they will call up Jordan Hamilton to replace him - chances are he'll be gone a few weeks, maybe longer (knowing TFC's luck he'll return just in time to be called to the US national team for the Gold Cup).

14 minutes for Bernier in Montreal's 4-1 win over RSL.

64 minutes for Teibert, 14 for Froese as Vancouver drops a 2-0 decision to Seattle.

Morgan goes 90 and Osorio 83 as TFC grind out out a 1-1 draw on the road against New England. Altidore got injured pulling his hamstring again so one wonders if they will call up Jordan Hamilton to replace him - chances are he'll be gone a few weeks, maybe longer (knowing TFC's luck he'll return just in time to be called to the US national team for the Gold Cup).

14 minutes for Bernier in Montreal's 4-1 win over RSL.

64 minutes for Teibert, 14 for Froese as Vancouver drops a 2-0 decision to Seattle.

If I was TFC i'd be recalling Dike to fill the hole left by Altidore....

Dike can't be recalled until late July, according to MLS. So expect Findley to play up top, because Vanney doesn't rate Hamilton at all.

He doesn't rate Hamilton, but he rates Moore and Findley?  At least give Hamilton a chance.  I don't think he could possibly be worse.  Moore touched the ball twice last game.  Hamilton could basically jog around the field, and not be much worse!

The other thing to think about (food for thought) is Hamilton outplayed Larin at the U20s.  Larin has 4 goals already for Orlando.  Give the kid a chance!

Archived