Tesho Akindele

Rudi Schuller @RudiSchuller

If Tesho accepted a #canMNT call-up then turned it down last-minute (which is what I'm hearing), then Cdn fans have every right to be angry.

Sources tell Goal USA that Akindele originally accepted Canada's call-up for the Panama friendly, but he recently backed out of the commitment and told Canadian officials he would be joining the U.S. team's upcoming camp in London

Could be worse.

#jacoblensky

Surely he knows that he is being called up to be cap-tied to the US, but will never actually play for them in any meaningful way?  

Does he actually think he has a chance with the list of forwards the US can pull from?

In 5 years this will be a big 'I told you so' aka Bunbury.  

Surely he knows that he is being called up to be cap-tied to the US, but will never actually play for them in any meaningful way?  

Does he actually think he has a chance with the list of forwards the US can pull from?

In 5 years this will be a big 'I told you so' aka Bunbury.  

Or, he could be like Yedlin, gets his foot in the door during Camp Cupcake, get noticed and get in the USMNT pool and go to World Cup. If useless bums like Edson Buddle or Robbie Findley play in world cup, Akindele has that same potential.

Meh.  Way too much angst spent over a guy with minor connection to Canada.

I'd rather worry about the guys who did get the call.

He's probably more American at this point, but to say he has a "minor" connection is wrong.

He's a Canadian citizen born in Canada to Canadian parents (his Nigerian dad also has citizenship here).

Or, he could be like Yedlin, gets his foot in the door during Camp Cupcake, get noticed and get in the USMNT pool and go to World Cup. If useless bums like Edson Buddle or Robbie Findley play in world cup, Akindele has that same potential.

He's not a Yedlin.  He's a guy who's had a limited amount of success because he's playing on a good Dallas team with Castillo, Diaz, Perez, Michel etc.  He's an OK player, but at the moment he's not in the top 10 striker options for the US.

Its a win win for the US to call him up.  1.  If he turns into anything he's capped tied.  2.  They never have to worry about playing against him.  His call up is purely strategic and you can bet your bottom dollar that when Canada and the US are in the midst of there WC 2022 qualifying he'll be sat on his couch watching it.  

He's not a Yedlin.  He's a guy who's had a limited amount of success because he's playing on a good Dallas team with Castillo, Diaz, Perez, Michel etc.  He's an OK player, but at the moment he's not in the top 10 striker options for the US.

Its a win win for the US to call him up.  1.  If he turns into anything he's capped tied.  2.  They never have to worry about playing against him.  His call up is purely strategic and you can bet your bottom dollar that when Canada and the US are in the midst of there WC 2022 qualifying he'll be sat on his couch watching it.  

to be fair he won't be cap tied to the US if he just plays in these friendlies. Needs to play in Gold Cup, WCQ or maybe that super coppa?

Tesho played a game for Canada u17, so by playing for USMNT he is cap-tied as you can only switch once.

The kid is from Calgary, but truly seems to be for all intents and purposes American. Good luck to him.

He didn't play an official match. Being called to a camp doesn't cap anyone.

Yeah Obinna we understand he did an official match for U-17, the meaning is that he hasn't for the US yet.  That said I'm bumping his color to green on the Abroad list.  Not sure if I should just remove him...opinions?

Obinna is clarifying the rules for those that think Akindele is lost forever - he is not. Since he did not play an official match for us at the U17 level he does not need to file paperwork to switch to the US. As long as he doesn't play in an official match for the US (WCQ, GC) he will still be able to switch back to us if he chooses.

BTW Madmonte, once he is confirmed as being called to the US camp you should remove him from the MOACA as none of the other players who have decided to rep. other countries - but could switch back - are on the list (ie. Vitoria, Ferreira, Fernandes, etc.)

Edited by jpg75

BTW Madmonte, once he is confirmed as being called to the US camp you should remove him from the MOACA as none of the other players who have decided to rep. other countries - but could switch back - are on the list (ie. Vitoria, Ferreira, Fernandes, etc.)

Yeah, I WANT to remove him too, to be honest, but since he hasn't actually represented I thought there would be complaints.  Totally bro, Vitoria and those are good examples.  If he goes to that camp, piss on it lol