Tesho Akindele

Does he have to use his one time switch to play for them? I would still think he gets a couple friendlies at the most then comes crawling back.

No, he does not have to use the switch since he did not play in an official match with the U17's.

No, he does not have to use the switch since he did not play in an official match with the U17's.

Thanks. So it's not the end of the world here. He has lived there for most of his life so morally it's hard to fault him that much. Do I think it's a smart move no bit hopefully he learns that soon enough. Id still welcome him back we're not in a postion to turn down talent.

Thanks. So it's not the end of the world here. He has lived there for most of his life so morally it's hard to fault him that much. Do I think it's a smart move no bit hopefully he learns that soon enough. Id still welcome him back we're not in a postion to turn down talent.

We may not be, but I wouldn't be surprised if Floro tells him to f off if he comes crawling back.

We aren't in a position to turn down exceptional talent. I don't think he is exceptional. I'd rather Benito make an example out of him. It sounds like he was committed to showing up then at the last minute changed his mind which is what pisses me off. 

He was all about playing for Canada at the U17 level when there was not bites from the US. As soon as the US comes calling though he's all over it. SMH

Seems like Akindele will go the route of Bunbury, choosing to be #USMNT fringe player rather than potential Canadian regular. Rugged.

- Another one bites the dust. Oh well here is hoping he plays once for them and is cap tied and never gets another call up. A few more like Bunbury and maybe some will start to think "I could be playing regularly and getting some international exposure if I play for Canada".

Edited by TRM

I understand the thinking that we are in no position to turn away talent if he comes crawling back but when is enough, enough?  I am sure I am not alone when I say I am tired of these players holding off playing for CMNT in hopes another option calls.  Either shit or get off the toilet.  Commit to us or see ya later.   I agree we aren't in a great position to turn guys away but it is about time we become their first choice.   They hold off capping with another country waiting for us to call.  It is time an example is set.  Don't toy with us, if you do, don't come crawling back when option 2 doesn't work out.  I am also tire of hearing that the players spent most of their life in the other country.  I don't care.  They are still Canadian, born and raised(for at least part of their life) and should be over the moon to pull on our jersey.  Ok, rant over.  Good day.

Meh.  It isn't huge loss what some people are making it out to be here.

Bunbury isn't exactly great striker and his career looks like it has falling off the map.  I except Tesho will face same faith in the end (being a mediocre MLS player at best).   I am sure next year, Tesho is going to struggle because teams will figure him out by then which pretty much hurt his game and eventually his international career.   

Larin, Hamilton and Cavallini are strikers we should be more concern about not Tesho whose is going to be a career MLS player unlike those three who have potential playing in Europe one day.  

Edited by TFC07

A dagger that was expected. A small, tiny dagger but still a dagger.

For the record I would be happy if he eventually played for Canada. No of this "make an example" out of him nonsense. He's a professional athlete who's has delusions of grandeur because he's surrounded by yes-men, just like the next guy who can't commit to Canada. Floro & Sons telling Tesho he can't play for Canada will have no bearing on players of the future.

A dagger that was expected. A small, tiny dagger but still a dagger.

For the record I would be happy if he eventually played for Canada. No of this "make an example" out of him nonsense. He's a professional athlete who's has delusions of grandeur because he's surrounded by yes-men, just like the next guy who can't commit to Canada. Floro & Sons telling Tesho he can't play for Canada will have no bearing on players of the future.

I agree with everything you've said with exception of the last statement. As a matter of fact, I think it's imperative that we start telling people to fuck off. Hard to get people to respect you when you don't respect yourself. I absolutely do think telling a few fence sitters to beat it would make future fence sitters respect the program a lot more than they currently do.

I agree with everything you've said with exception of the last statement. As a matter of fact, I think it's imperative that we start telling people to fuck off. Hard to get people to respect you when you don't respect yourself. I absolutely do think telling a few fence sitters to beat it would make future fence sitters respect the program a lot more than they currently do.

This

Have to agree, bending over backward, trying to beg players to choose Canada just makes us seem amateur. This is Dissapointing news as he will never be a starter for the states. I can see the pull of being part of their set up but naturally I would prefer to see him an integral part of our rebuilding than a flash in the pan squad player for the states.

I've never known a professional footballer, I've payed with a bunch of guys who played NCAA but no one who's earned a living kicking a ball. I do know a few professional hockey players, here in NA and in Europe. What's stands out about all of them is that they're all in their own little bubble, especially when they're out of their element. It's because of that that I think future CMNT traitor "John Smith" won't care what's happened to Tesho, Teal or anybody. Their too wrapped up in themselves.

Just my opinion though.

I believe that program needs to impose respect, as A_Gagne says, by refusing players that use the NT as an option, but I also believe mserson is probably correct that it won't change nothing. Professional footballers want to play in a winning team. And as things stands now, the MNT will have to win without the best players to change the reality of the program.

I believe that program needs to impose respect, as A_Gagne says, by refusing players that use the NT as an option, but I also believe mserson is probably correct that it won't change nothing. Professional footballers want to play in a winning team. And as things stands now, the MNT will have to win without the best players to change the reality of the program.

Can't seem to find a way to bold text but your last sentence is bang on. Winning is the only thing that changes these situations.

Wow I am shocked by this ground breaking news...

Guys, the writing was always on the wall. We knew how this would play out and we know what to expect in the future. If he's lucky he gets a handful of caps for the USA and that will be that. Not bitter at all as he is well within his right to choose to play for the USA. Clearly it is the tougher path but good luck to him - he'll need it!

I do like how all of a sudden people point out negatives. If he said yes he'd be a hero.

People, including myself, have been pointing out negatives in his game for a while now, well before today. I think Teal was a better prospect when he switched then what Tesho is now. I do not see him developing into a top Concacaf striker. That doesn't mean he wouldn't be a boost to our national team.