Tesho Akindele

I don't know what your point is.  You won't support Bustos until he's permanently cap tied to Canada?  Ok, great, I'm not prepared to hold grudges against an 18 year old for something he 'might' do. 

No, i'm holding grudges for something he did do! The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.

Now what is your point? You think he learned his lesson based on what exactly?

Exactly, are we supposed to not call him up at all now?  just like the LA girlfriend scenario would mean you'd break up completely?

Also Keegan, what's the age where players get a free pass to represent their new country?  Tesho moved at 8, so he's fine, but JDG2 moved at 12 (and had his heart set on the Oranje years earlier) so he's public enemy no. 1?

You get even with the girlfriend by sending her a pic of her friend blowing you (i mean c'mon her friend ratted her out for a reason, right?).

This still doesn't cap him permanently to us. Why should i or anyone else believe he won't do it again?

Chill... if he plays hard and with pride for Canada then great. If he screws us, wouldn't be the first guy (or gal) to do so... not waiting my time getting bent out of shape about what ifs.

Akindele:

“Like, people know me now, I’ve had a big year. I’m just trying to kind of process everything slowly, not rush into any decisions."

“Any decisions I make right now affect me for the rest of my career, so I just want to take everything slow and understand where I’m at.”

“I kind of explain it like: You have two parents. You have allegiances to both of them,” Akindele said. “That’s kind of how I feel because I was born in Canada, obviously it’s my birth country, most of my family lives in Canada, but also I grew up in the U.S., so I’m pretty loyal to both countries.”

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4176/united-states/2014/11/13/6124331/fc-dallas-standouts-mull-national-team-prospects?CMPID=FBCAN_141113_FCD

No, i'm holding grudges for something he did do! The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.

Now what is your point? You think he learned his lesson based on what exactly?

So your holding grudges against an 18 year old who just walked off the pitch wearing the Canadian colours?  I guess that means you have a grudge against Froese as well?  Who needs enemies with CMNT supporters like you.

If you don't know what my point is by now there is not much I can do to help you understand it.    

So your holding grudges against an 18 year old who just walked off the pitch wearing the Canadian colours?  I guess that means you have a grudge against Froese as well?  Who needs enemies with CMNT supporters like you.

If you don't know what my point is by now there is not much I can do to help you understand it.

Classic 12 yr old genius post from VWFC. No reasoning why you think Bustos learned his lesson - must be me who doesn't understand your complex arguments!

Why is Froese different? He is now permanently capped. It's sketchy that he left the Manitoba provincial program to play for Cuba, but i'll look past it now. Bustos will need to do the same.

Classic 12 yr old genius post from VWFC. No reasoning why you think Bustos learned his lesson - must be me who doesn't understand your complex arguments!

Why is Froese different? He is now permanently capped. It's sketchy that he left the Manitoba provincial program to play for Cuba, but i'll look past it now. Bustos will need to do the same.

So until Bustos is permanently capped you're going to hate him? So by that logic he can play for Canada U20 in the world cup, score the winning goal in the final and you'll still hate him cuz he isn't capped to us, something which is out of his control... makes sense. 

Good one buddy.

I'm not going to hate on a player who played for Canada 24 hours ago.  I was pissed off when he went to the Chile camp and will be if he does it again, but in the meantime he's sporting the red and white and therefor, in my mind, he's deserving of our support.

Edited by VWFC

So until Bustos is permanently capped you're going to hate him? So by that logic he can play for Canada U20 in the world cup, score the winning goal in the final and you'll still hate him cuz he isn't capped to us, something which is out of his control... makes sense.

Who the fuck said i hate him!? My first post about this was because baulderdash equated the Akindele and Bustos incidences to be similar and that we shouldn't be negative about either - which is BS!! We have a right to be pissed about what he did and to be weary that he might do it again.

Yup, we all agree what he did was wrong, but in case you missed my earlier posts, he's playing for Canada.  Mistake made, (hopefully) learning from it, playing for Canada.

Time to move on. 

Good one buddy.

I'm not going to hate on a player who played for Canada 24 hours ago.  I was pissed off when he went to the Chile camp and will be if he does it again, but in the meantime he's sporting the red and white and therefor, in my mind, he's deserving of our support.

So i see you edited your post on this page. The first post above is where you said he hopefully learned from his mistake. Glad you realize you said that.

Who the fuck said i hate him!? My first post about this was because baulderdash equated the Akindele and Bustos incidences to be similar and that we shouldn't be negative about either - which is BS!! We have a right to be pissed about what he did and to be weary that he might do it again.

Rawr. Easy tiger. No need to swear.

Akendele   if  he  wants  to  play  in  Red  and  White   great   but  if  decides   to   play  for   Gods  team   (U>S>A>)  then  oh  well.   He  was  has  lived  in  the  States  so  really  he  owes   us  nothing.  But  it  will   better  if   he  played  for  us   because  there   will  be  a  lot  of  competion   for  a  place  in  the  U.S. Team.

As  far  as  Bustos   goes    Who  gives a  flying   Fuck.   I  am  tired  of  these    Anti  Canadians  of  Soccer  like   Whoregraves,  De  Guzman,  Hoilett,  and  that  other  kid  who  plays  SKC   his  dad   represented  Canada  for  years  I  forget  his  name.    Screw   them.

gigi riva- I disagree with you saying he owes us nothing.   Yes he has lived in the states since he was 8 so maybe he does feel more American. Only he can answer that but if that is the case, when did he start feeling more American?  It definitely wasn't when he was using our youth program was it?  He was with our youth program when no one else wanted him.   Now you say he owes us nothing?  Loyalty my friend.  Canada was there when no one else was and now he is getting a sniff from USMNT and we are put on the back burner.  He owes us, he owes us for those youth camps and he owes us because he is Canadian.

gigi riva- I disagree with you saying he owes us nothing.   Yes he has lived in the states since he was 8 so maybe he does feel more American. Only he can answer that but if that is the case, when did he start feeling more American?  It definitely wasn't when he was using our youth program was it?  He was with our youth program when no one else wanted him.   Now you say he owes us nothing?  Loyalty my friend.  Canada was there when no one else was and now he is getting a sniff from USMNT and we are put on the back burner.  He owes us, he owes us for those youth camps and he owes us because he is Canadian.

He was at ONE youth camp at the U17 level. 

That doesn't bother me to be honest, he even admitted that he didn't play well which is why he never got called back. I'd be upset if he was continually getting called then changed his mind. Canada decided at that point that they were no longer interested in him after that one camp, so I don't mind him feeling the same way now.

My only problem is the whole back and forth. Just pick a country and be done with it. Drives me absolutely nuts as a supporter as we seem to deal with fence sitters more than anything else