Tesho Akindele

Bustos will have to do a lot to win me over. To me, his situation is worse than Akindele's at this junction. Bustos has never lived in Chile. Tesho has lived in the USA for longer than he has lived in Canada. 

If Akindele comes looking for our attention after he tries the USMNT option and it backfires, perhaps he moves ahead of Bustos in my treachery list.

Bustos will have to do a lot to win me over. To me, his situation is worse than Akindele's at this junction. Bustos has never lived in Chile. Tesho has lived in the USA for longer than he has lived in Canada. 

If Akindele comes looking for our attention after he tries the USMNT option and it backfires, perhaps he moves ahead of Bustos in my treachery list.

You do know Bustos is playing for Canada, literally right now, dont you?

If I recall correctly, during the whole Bustos discussion it was revealed that he was receiving money from the government as a carded athlete.  $10,800 in 2014.  He then turned around and went to a Chile national team camp.

If Akindele was currently taking Canadian resources while considering playing for a another country, then we could say that they are equal.  As of right now, Akindele is a fence sitter who has spent more time in the US.

If I recall correctly, during the whole Bustos discussion it was revealed that he was receiving money from the government as a carded athlete.  $10,800 in 2014.  He then turned around and went to a Chile national team camp.

If Akindele was currently taking Canadian resources while considering playing for a another country, then we could say that they are equal.  As of right now, Akindele is a fence sitter who has spent more time in the US.

Yup, we all agree what he did was wrong, but in case you missed my earlier posts, he's playing for Canada.  Mistake made, (hopefully) learning from it, playing for Canada.

Time to move on. 

Edited by VWFC

You do know Bustos is playing for Canada, literally right now, dont you?

No he's not:

Canada Soccer@CanadaSoccerEN2 hrs2 hours ago

#canM20 XI v @england: GK Carducci; Haynes, Gasparotto, Comsia, Adekugbe ©; Gagnon-Laparé, Froese; Aparicio, Carreiro, Petrasso; Jalali

No sight of Bustos here. Maybe he'll get on as a sub to prove you right though...

That depends on whether all you want are wins, or whether you want a team that can proudly represent Canada.

There's no middle ground?  If you're happy being mired in a millionth place or wherever we are with a bunch of guys "that can proudly represent Canada", fine, but adding in 2 or 3 other guys who have considered other national associations could make a huge difference without watering down your national pride factor too much.

It's easy to forget the CSA is/was a joke, and we weren't helped by the example set by guys like Hargreaves whose career options expanded immensely after choosing England.

And when it goes the other way, you're not bothered?  Bircham playing for us (and coaching the U-20s today) before he had set foot in the country means he was able to proudly represent us?

And when it goes the other way, you're not bothered?  Bircham playing for us (and coaching the U-20s today) before he had set foot in the country means he was able to proudly represent us?

No, I'm bothered.

But yeah, it sort of is one or the other. Which is more important: winning by grabbing every Canadian of convenience, or having a team that takes pride in the kit?

If we don't believe our country is too important to be subject to mercenary interests, how are our players supposed to?

Edited by Lord Bob

Quoted for truth.  Absolutely.  That's the biggest reason why the fence-sitters tick me off so bad, is because by nature of this board, we are pretty nationalistic and would all be proud to represent our country in anything.  That said, because most of us share that value set, the odd person in here that comes and doesn't...yeah they tend to get lambasted.

Yup, we all agree what he did was wrong, but in case you missed my earlier posts, he's playing for Canada.  Mistake made, (hopefully) learning from it, playing for Canada.

Time to move on.

This still doesn't cap him permanently to us. Why should i or anyone else believe he won't do it again?

Worry about the present. Not the what ifs in the future. Hes playing w our u20s now that just tied england without aird or larin.

Scenario: You just found out your girlfriend tried to cheat on you on a trip to LA with a male stripper named "Chile" but he rebuffed her. Option a) "Live in the present!!" Or b/ be pissed and don't trust her. I'll go with b/.

Edited by jpg75

Scenario: You just found out your girlfriend tried to cheat on you on a trip to LA with a male stripper named "Chile" but he rebuffed her. Option a) "Live in the present!!" Or b/ be pissed and don't trust her. I'll go with b/.

Game, set and match.  Jpg wins.  

Until Bustos is cap tied, which would be the equivalent of a chastity belt.

All you need to do is objectively observe every scenario to see whether it's right or wrong.  There is little grey area here.  Put yourself in the shoes of any player you like and you can quickly figure out what their motives are. 

"Look guys I'm Hanson Boakai, I've waited to be called to the CanMNT since I moved here and now I was called and I'm on the team.  Simple.  I'm not on Guinea message boards pimping myself out."

"Hey I'm Junior Hoilett, I've always wanted to be a big-time footballer.  I don't really care enough about Canada or Jamaica to bother myself with friendlies or qualifiers but if one of you want to call me to a major tournament I'll come"

"Hey I'm Tesho Akindele.  I was born in Canada but raised and currently live in the USA.  I feel connections to both countries but my current life situation combined with the USMNT being much better than Canada mean I'll choose them if possible, if not I'll represent Canada."

Hey, didn't that guy just get knocked out of the stripper World Cup round of 16?  Her dad is also friends with him and we all know she has daddy issues like most...

Seriously though, most of our fence sitters have daddy issues.

Edited by Keegan

This still doesn't cap him permanently to us. Why should i or anyone else believe he won't do it again?

I don't know what your point is.  You won't support Bustos until he's permanently cap tied to Canada?  Ok, great, I'm not prepared to hold grudges against an 18 year old for something he 'might' do. 

I don't know what your point is.  You won't support Bustos until he's permanently cap tied to Canada?  Ok, great, I'm not prepared to hold grudges against an 18 year old for something he 'might' do. 

Exactly, are we supposed to not call him up at all now?  just like the LA girlfriend scenario would mean you'd break up completely?

Also Keegan, what's the age where players get a free pass to represent their new country?  Tesho moved at 8, so he's fine, but JDG2 moved at 12 (and had his heart set on the Oranje years earlier) so he's public enemy no. 1?

"Look guys I'm Hanson Boakai, I've waited to be called to the CanMNT since I moved here and now I was called and I'm on the team.  Simple.  I'm not on Guinea message boards pimping myself out."

Can you provide a link to the Chile message board posts made by Bustos?