Tesho Akindele

It'd be great if this guy suits up for us, but hey if he goes the other way, totally understandable.

In this case though, seems like he could be a front line guy for us, whereas with the States he's on margins. Seems like the tough, but smart decision would be to put on the red and white.

It'd be great if this guy suits up for us, but hey if he goes the other way, totally understandable.

In this case though, seems like he could be a front line guy for us, whereas with the States he's on margins. Seems like the tough, but smart decision would be to put on the red and white.

There's been many circumstances where this seems like the smart decision, yet it's not made. 

That whole "focus on club career" spiel.  

1) Jonothan De Guzman

2) Junior Hoilett

Every time I hear focus on club career now, I feel like I should dismiss this player from my thought process completely.  I absolutely hate that line now, even if it's genuine and true, it really bothers me.  

Meh, he could have a dud next season and fall into obscurity. Would be nice to have him but I really don't get broken up about this one now-a-days. Everyone wants to shoot for the stars (and stripes, apparently), but not all go on to have long international careers. A brief, little, two-year, Bunbury-style legacy sounds just lovely though, eh Tesho?

Edited by Obinna

Akindele said this about a national team: " You want to play for someone who wants you and where you have a chance to play" Let's just say that with Akindele too old to play on the U-23 team, Canada is the team that looks more likely based on that statement. I'm not sure that Bunbury would have played for the Yanks if he was too old for the U23 team.

Edited by Blackdude

Akindele said this about a national team: " You want to play for someone who wants you and where you have a chance to play" Let's just say that with Akindele too old to play on the U-23 team, Canada is the team that looks more likely based on that statement. I'm not sure that Bunbury would have played for the Yanks if he was too old for the U23 team.

How awesome is it that Canada may have ended Bunbury's international career with that 2-0 win in Nashville?  Just lovely.  The fact that Bunbury was one of the goats that match for the US makes it even sweeter.

Edited by Keegan

When and if he gets called for the Panama match will probably tell a story depending on his response! If he gets called and turns us down again I would suspect he's not really interested and the feeling with me is mutual! We have to move on and support the players willing to wear the Maple Leaf proudly!

Dallas playoff deathwatch begins now :)

If current standings hold they are hosting Vancouver in the play-in game on wednesday the 29th of October. As long as dallas loses there, or in the semi finals vs the eastern champ, we are good. He'll have more than enough time to rest and be present for camp.

From the MLS Kickoff this morning,,,.wonder if we can feel safe about Akendele considering this statement.

15. KLINSMANN GOING FOR STRONGEST SIDE

After complained about MLS not complying with FIFA’s international calendar, Jurgen Klinsmann is planning to pick his strongest squad possible for the US national team’s next two matches, both of which take place on US soil. The German coach has also been speaking abouthis tactical plans for the team moving forward.

From the MLS Kickoff this morning,,,.wonder if we can feel safe about Akendele considering this statement.

15. KLINSMANN GOING FOR STRONGEST SIDE

After complained about MLS not complying with FIFA’s international calendar, Jurgen Klinsmann is planning to pick his strongest squad possible for the US national team’s next two matches, both of which take place on US soil. The German coach has also been speaking abouthis tactical plans for the team moving forward.

not really. Tesho could still get called up for Camp Cupcake in Jan for US when a lot of MLS guys gets a look

I am thinking about the Panama game here. If Dallas are out by then (crossing my fingers) and he declines that call, then he's surely gone on an adventure to be the next Teal Bunbury. My immediate concern was him accepting an autumn call up once his citizenship goes though (i.e before we can call him for the Panama game).

Klinsmann's statement about calling his strongest side should therefore put our concerns to ease - perhaps.

Edited by Obinna

• 1 month later...

According to Luke Wileman he is rejecting a Canada call up due to interest from the USA. He is clearly not a smart man.

Understandable but seeing as he played for our U17 team I'd like us to say thanks but no thanks when he comes crawling back.  He is decent but really not spectacular.. completely invisible against Seattle on the weekend.

3 of his 7 goals were against Chivas when they were horrid. Since then he hasn't done shit. The US will call him for camp cupcake, probably won't even make the game rosters and will never get called back. Good thing he isn't cap-tied to us in case he does play a friendly for them.

let him go play a couple games for the US like Bunbury. Then if he isn't cap tied and comes crawling back we slam the door on him. 

enough with this garbage. watch him all of a sudden want to play for us if we qualify for the Hex or Copa

good riddance....

now where is cavallani....