TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

I hope so, the other day I heard the opposite.  Though I would just be happy to see  him land in MLS

It's incredibly selfish and does necessarily serve the CMNT well, but I really like the way TFC always has far more Canucks than Caps and Impact...I want to see the trend continue. Ideally, I'd like to see TFC be to Canada what Barcelona has been to Spain.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has also reported that he has appeared for RWDM Brussels. It doesn't mean that he's always right in the same article.

Whatever. Larson is a decent source when it comes to these matters.

There are multiple reports from various sources covering TFC that Issey is close to signing. You are just trying to be contrarian for the sake of it.

There are multiple reports from various sources covering TFC that Issey is close to signing. You are just trying to be contrarian for the sake of it.

Contrarian? I said he isn't always right in the article which is true. I never said that Issey to TFC won't happen.

Contrarian? I said he isn't always right in the article which is true. I never said that Issey to TFC won't happen.

Issey is definitely in Seattle with TFC right now, but the paperwork is being delayed for whatever reason.

One thing that I saw with this game was fairly poor play from our RB position.  Our best FB's on the roster are Morrow and Morgan (although we haven't seen much of Orr).  There have been many cases of LB switching to RB and vice versa.  I wonder if we wouldn't be better off playing Ashtone Morgan at RB instead of Bloom.

It's not that Bloom doesn't give us ok defending; but I don't see anything from him that's more than adequate going forward.

It's not that Bloom doesn't give us ok defending; but I don't see anything from him that's more than adequate going forward.

I think that's exactly what Nelsen expects from him. And let's be honest, it's better then the shenanigans we saw in preseason on that position.

"It’s possible head coach Ryan Nelsen could have Canadian international Issey Nakajima-Farran to select from by Saturday, too.

Nakajima-Farran has been with the team since traveling to Seattle two weeks ago.

The club expects to officially sign the 29-year-old journeyman in time for the weekend."

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/26/beckerman-bradley-a-real-hairy-comparison

TFC really showed their lack of depth tonight vs RSL. They literally have no depth, after Bright Dike got injured for the season. They have no one to fill in for Osorio, and used a RB to play rw. The depth on this team is shocking. Compare TFC with the depth that the Whitecaps have, the difference is staggering. DeRo really looks like he's lost a step this year.

I really wish Kevin Payne didn't waste those two draft picks last year. They really could have had a big impact this year.

Lack of depth yeah maybe, but also just the 11 that Nelsen picks. Bloom AND Hall on midfield? Nice way to suck the football out of this team. They missed Osorio tonight that's for sure. Only upside is that we saw 4 Canadians featured in this match.

Lack of depth yeah maybe, but also just the 11 that Nelsen picks. Bloom AND Hall on midfield? Nice way to suck the football out of this team. They missed Osorio tonight that's for sure. Only upside is that we saw 4 Canadians featured in this match.

EXACTLY, the depth is probably fine if Nelsen chooses to use it properly!  Those were horrible picks in the midfield.  Even before the game started I was thinking "Oh man.  This looks way too much like the crap that played last year".  Nelsen needs to understand that sometimes the best defense is a good offense, and play proper linkup players in the mid.  I haven't much liked Jackson, but he's a serious upgrade on Bloom.  As for Osorio and Hall?  Not even close.  Hall and Bloom should not have gotten the nods.  

Meanwhile, Rey's poor defense only cemented Nelsen's belief that they needed better defensive midfielders out there.  

Michael Bradley is the only one in the TFC mid who even looked close to capable last night.  But even Bradley...the strongest part of HIS game is not service.  Defoe and Gilberto had no chance moving forward.

Archived