TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

I'm not arguing with the fact Bekker was better than Hall.  No question there, Hall shouldn't be in the league. 

Glad to see Bekker finally outplay him because you can see the potential is there and I think that's why he was given so many minutes in preseason. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with most of the sentiment others have written. Bekker settled down after a couple of early turnovers and started looking like he belonged in MLS - still rather have Osorio in the starting XI though. Good to see Issey score, but someone please tell the announcer that a nearly 30 year old man is not a "youngster from Calgary". Orr and Hagglund did a good job filling in at CB so it looks like Boss is now #5 CB which is fine by me cuz he sucks. I was skeptical of Julio Cesar being brought in because truth be told i've never considered him to be a top notch keeper when i say him play for Brasil and Inter, however at this level he's clearly a step up for us so thankful this cap circumventing loan happened.

Bekker settled down after a couple of early turnovers and started looking like he belonged in MLS - still rather have Osorio in the starting XI though.

I wonder what will happen when Bradley goes down to Brazil.  Will both Osorio and Bekker start?

I figured he might be up front because Defoe might be gone as well.

It may only affect the NYRB game on the 27th. Maybe the Chicago game on the 2nd.

I am assuming Defoe is left off the England squad...i dont know just cant see them calling an MLS player...

May get a chance to see sooner rather than later as Bradley is questionable for Saturday.  That would be a tough loss.

Here's my opinion.  I think that TFC knows Defoe will be out for sure Saturday so by pretending Bradley is out they don't give the opponent the chance to focus on their one key man all week. 

• 3 weeks later...

Logical trade. TFC has been short in striker depth (will be worse if Defoe is taken to the World Cup) and the emergence of Hagglund plus the ability to play Orr as a CB meant that Agboussomonde was 5th in depth for the CB position.

Don't think Moore is worth anything but they gave up a player who was not going to play. The $70k salary difference is probably a bigger issue.

Nelsen is like a worse version of Rennie, all he seems to be able to do is sign names he is familiar with from the U.K. They should think about a mini mid-season clearout: try and get rid of De Rosario, Cesar's contract and anything else they can jettison to free up money. They need some midfield depth in the worst way.

I also wonder if they will sign Eli Roubos now, he could spend a year or two in Wilmington and be ready when Orr and Caldwell are ready to move on.

This leads me to believe that Defoe is indeed heading to the World Cup.

Moore is essentially a reclamation project. Wiki scouting shows him to be a striker with a low goal scoring rate. Maybe under the right conditions that can change.

He has scored a hat trick against TFC though! (Aston Villa friendly).

This leads me to believe that Defoe is indeed heading to the World Cup.

It's more that Defoe will be going to the camp before the World Cup. And even if he made the World Cup team, odds are that he wouldn't miss games because of playing at the World Cup. 

It's more that Defoe will be going to the camp before the World Cup. And even if he made the World Cup team, odds are that he wouldn't miss games because of playing at the World Cup. 

Huh? How would he not miss games? World Cup players have to be released before the MLS break. Plus there may even be a post-World Cup rest period.

He would also miss Voyageur Cup games if TFC make it that far.

Its not like Defoe will stay with TFC until their June 7 MLS game and than head off to join England. He would join them weeks before (and miss about 2-3 MLS games).

Huh? How would he not miss games? World Cup players have to be released before the MLS break. Plus there may even be a post-World Cup rest period.

He would also miss Voyageur Cup games if TFC make it that far.

Its not like Defoe will stay with TFC until their June 7 MLS game and than head off to join England. He would join them weeks before (and miss about 2-3 MLS games).

I mean that being called on the preliminary squad will make him miss games. If he makes the 23, he won't miss more games unless England make it to the Round of 16.

Archived