TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports on the twitter that TFC has picked up Collen Warner from Montreal.

No word on who or what is heading the other way.

Issey Nakijima-Farran. Very, very odd transaction as far as TFC are concerned. Hasn`t Issey played well?

Issey + some allocation money. If there isn't still another shoe to drop, this looks like a terrible deal for TFC.

I'm not sure. Although a bit inconsistent and very unimaginative, he can be effective as a DM understudy if playing with more talented CMs which kind of fits the bill in Toronto no? Whereas I can't wrap my head around why a team with Justin Mapp, and then only Romero and Nyassi out wide would loan away Blake Smith to bring in INF. I just don't know why we need so many kinda ok wide players. If you can't get another Mapp why just keep adding new Nyassi's? To me there is far more need at CB. Unless I'm seriously undervaluing INF. 

I'm not happy with this trade. Makes no sense at all. Plus TFC gave Montreal allocation.

Issey was one of TFC's most dynamic attacking players. He was exciting to watch.

TFC is my team but they often make it difficult to continue to be a supporter. The revolving door continues.

INF has looked good, but in a small sample size. His career arc suggests he is no great shakes. On the other hand, Blake Smith hasn't shown much of anything in his career to date.

Smith is really young and has great wheels, and 2 of the only times he was left in a game for significant minutes he scored. There's at least potential there. I'm not sure what Issey brings that is different from Nyassi and Romero (unless he is much more consistent). I confess my ideas about him are from semi-rare CMNT run outs that happened scattered over the last several years. Hope I'm wrong for our sakes and right for your sake :)

Really? Issey has looked very good, Warner is very average. Wow. They must think Lovitz makes Issey expendable.

Warner is fun because he hustles and is very athletic and strong. He is the North American Soccer Player. However as such, he has never had an original thought about what to do with the ball when he has time and space. He is a player that is good to have in your midfield bench IMO.

With Bradley gone & Hall hurt I can see the need for another central midfielder with some defensive ability. But this was the wrong player to trade to give away and not the team that I'd want to give him to, even if he is cup-tied. Not a happy camper.

How odd must it have been for Issey to be told this. "Thank you for scoring the winning penalty against Vancouver. You are going to Montreal now, although a lot sooner than you expected. Goodbye".

I'm assuming both of these players can not play in the finals as they've both been on the rosters of other teams in the tournament?

How odd must it have been for Issey to be told this. "Thank you for scoring the winning penalty against Vancouver. You are going to Montreal now, although a lot sooner than you expected. Goodbye".

Don't forget to add, "have a nice Birthday"

I don't think this trade is as one-sided as people are saying. Warner is a decent defensive midfielder who at times looked poor this season because he was playing at CM or winger because the Impact is so weak at offensive mid. He may be an average to slightly below average MLS DMid but he has improved every year and is only 25. Not a lot of technical ability but he is a good destroyer, physically strong and is able to make a first pass. With the right people around him he can be a good not too expensive starting DMid or solid backup. Not an outstanding player but the type of player even good MLS teams need given the salary cap limitations. Montreal needed help in offensive mid so INF is a good pickup for us this year but it remains to be seen if he can be a solid starting midfielder over time. He will certainly get his chance in Montreal to show that one way or the other. We get a skill upgrade but older and not yet proven MLS player while TFC gets a younger player who can be effective if they are only planning to play him in the role he is able to play. Plus if Montreal had been smart they would have signed INF at the beginning of the season instead of some of the duds we did sign and then we could have kept Warner who unlike Wenger was useful if we were not playing him in positions where he should not have been playing.

I'm not saying the trade is necessarily "one-sided", moreso I didn't like who TFC has given up in the trade. I would rather get rid of "Red-Card-Could-Happen-At-Any-Moment" Jackson if we needed to move a winger to get a defensive midfielder - it's more "like for like" for one thing.

I'm not saying the trade is necessarily "one-sided", moreso I didn't like who TFC has given up in the trade. I would rather get rid of "Red-Card-Could-Happen-At-Any-Moment" Jackson if we needed to move a winger to get a defensive midfielder - it's more "like for like" for one thing.

I doubt there was a lot of interest in Jackson from Montreal given that he hasn't played well this season and is twice the salary cap hit of Issey. Also according to the Impact article, they did want to sign Issey during the offseason but TFC held his MLS rights.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2014/05/impact-acquires-canadian-international-issey-nakajima-farran-toronto-fc

Wow.  I knew Nelsen didn't like Issey, I honestly think this comes from him.  Issey was THE fan favourite in the BMO crowd the past few matches. People were LOVING the fact that this guy with the pony tail who came out of nowhere was Canadian and was willing to take knocks and handle the ball with technical skill above your typical MLS player. 

Why else would Nelsen sub off Issey in matches where he is our best player?  Or not start him when he played stellar the match before?  Why else did it take so long for the deal to get done? 

Unless Issey requested the move, which I very much doubt this is a stupid move that makes us look like a team that is run by 4 star players and everyone else gets no respect and paid 1/40th of their salaries... that sounds like the PERFECT formula for a winning team.  What could go wrong?

This won't help our chances in signing non-DP players in the future, that's for sure.

I thought this new TFC was ambitious and looking for players like Luke Moore and Issey to compliment their stars but instead we've traded a Canadian international fan favourite with world wide experience for an American role player on the worst team in MLS?  That's gonna turn this ship around?

There has to be a reason.  Could it be possible that MLS wasn't gonna just let Luke Moore transfer to TFC without us losing our recent signing since I'm sure he was allocated to Chivas in some way and so TFC decided to let him go to Montreal who wanted him to begin with so that they would be allowed Moore and Warner is just a pawn to make it look like a trade since I'm sure Montreal doesn't care if Warner leaves seeing as they probably want him gone after his handball/red and the team's horrible performances. 

Question for people who get to see this team live, has Henry really become the terrible player that the TFC fans makes him out to be?  I keep reading nothing but bad things about him online.  I no longer living in TO so I don't get to see much of him but is he really that bad now?  It was only a few months ago he was sparking interest from West Ham.

Archived