TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't TFC normally wait until a week or two after the season begins to start making significant roster moves? I'd put a smiley emoticon here, but I think this has happened the last two or three seasons. In some seasons they don't even start with a complete roster.

That would be awesome, but I don't think he is going to take THAT much of a pay cut. I think he will sign on somewhere for $150-175 k. If TFC can land two high level DP strikers like they intend, DeRo would be a great player to have in the hole behind them. Then Osorio can play box to box and matias laba can be the defensive mid.

Looks like Genoa accepted the offer from TFC for Gilardino. Now it's up to the player.

I don't know how much trust I put in the sports news out of Europe. A lot of bull**** is reported on just to fill the pages. Kind of like 24 hour news stations. Still, 4 year at 3 mil per year when he's starting at age 31 seems a bit too lengthy of a contract.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/11/3/5061308/genoa-accept-toronto-fcs-offer-for-alberto-gilardino

Looks like Genoa accepted the offer from TFC for Gilardino. Now it's up to the player.

I don't know how much trust I put in the sports news out of Europe. A lot of bull**** is reported on just to fill the pages. Kind of like 24 hour news stations. Still, 4 year at 3 mil per year when he's starting at age 31 seems a bit too lengthy of a contract.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/11/3/5061308/genoa-accept-toronto-fcs-offer-for-alberto-gilardino

So rumours of a 19 million total cost over three years...i.e. some 56 home games.

Get your calculators out.... 19,000,000.00 / 56 = 339,285.00 per game cost / 20,000 seats so a 17.00 a seat surcharge to pay for this Kook Aid flyer... seriously do you think the bean counters at TFC will let this one get by them ?

NASL Toronto is starting to look smarter and smarter as an investment.

So rumours of a 19 million total cost over three years...i.e. some 56 home games.

Get your calculators out.... 19,000,000.00 / 56 = 339,285.00 per game cost / 20,000 seats so a 17.00 a seat surcharge to pay for this Kook Aid flyer... seriously do you think the bean counters at TFC will let this one get by them ?

NASL Toronto is starting to look smarter and smarter as an investment.

Not quite sure that there is any kool aid left to drink from this team after 7 years of garbage. I'm pretty sure that MLSE will try will raise the ticket prices once they start winning (if they ever do), but they are in panic mode to retain us as fans right now.

Dont follow their academy teams that closely but Hamilton and that CB (Roubos?) who looked good at U-17 might be options. Kevan Smith too?

if these kids get signed now, they won't get mins at CB and ST. best case is that they get signed, then gets loaned to USL club.

Tickets prices aren't going up next season.

Gilardino is first DP, so now we're waiting to find out who's second DP. (Defoe?)

Hopefully we get some quality attacking mid and wingers as well.

All for Naught: TFC's pursuit of Gilardino derailed by local voices

According to Duane Rollins its off, its nice to see Duane has a new pipeline into TFC since he is saying its off cause some piasano's from Vaughan nixed the move, I suspect that tidbit of information could only come from someone high up in TFC at the table trying to get a contract signed.. ( Assumed conversation ) "um nope sorry we talked with our friends in Vaughan and apparently your a ****e management so despite the cash in the bag.. we won't be bringing Mr. Gilardino to town for you Mr. L.... "

All for Naught: TFC's pursuit of Gilardino derailed by local voices

According to Duane Rollins its off, its nice to see Duane has a new pipeline into TFC since he is saying its off cause some piasano's from Vaughan nixed the move, I suspect that tidbit of information could only come from someone high up in TFC at the table trying to get a contract signed.. ( Assumed conversation ) "um nope sorry we talked with our friends in Vaughan and apparently your a ****e management so despite the cash in the bag.. we won't be bringing Mr. Gilardino to town for you Mr. L.... "

Rollins is a pretty dodgy reporter at the best of times but that story is absolutely ridiculous. The transfer may not go through but I am pretty sure if it does not go through it is not because some anti-TFC members of the local Italian community influenced the guy not to sign. Another embarrassing non-journalistic article from CSN. Is CSN trying to be the tabloid of Canadian soccer?

Rollins is a pretty dodgy reporter at the best of times but that story is absolutely ridiculous. The transfer may not go through but I am pretty sure if it does not go through it is not because some anti-TFC members of the local Italian community influenced the guy not to sign. Another embarrassing non-journalistic article from CSN. Is CSN trying to be the tabloid of Canadian soccer?

Other RPB have corroborated this story

I dunno, there are a lot of terrible parents out there who are extremely pissed that their "gifted" kid is not playing soccer for TFC. There is a perception of Xenophobia across the board and while it actually disgusts me, I acknowledge it's a growing problem in the GTA

It's one thing that Canadian culture has in spades, no matter if it's hockey or footy. My kid is not getting what he deserves and therefore the people who didn't pick him are incompetent.

Don't know if that led to this, but if it's as absurd as it reads, it would not surprise me in the least.

Archived