TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

That was Aparicio playing? Interesting, I had assumed it was Lovitz.

Certainly held his own for an 18 year old

From what I saw through the fog in the first game against DCU, he more than held his own. Quick and lively. Saw a surprising amount of the ball given he was out there with DeRo, Bradley and Osorio.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So TFC played the following yesterday

K – Ceaser

D – Hagglund, Mannella, Caldwell, Boss, Henry, Richter, Morrow, Morgan

M – Jackson, Lambe, Bradley, Hall, Osorio, Bekker, Rey, Aparicio

S - Dero, Eze, Gilberto and Wiedeman

Didn’t appear

K - Bendik, Roberts, Konopka

D – Bloom, Orr

M - Lovitz

S - Hamilton

Not there yet – Dafoe, Issey (maybe)

Done – Dike, Welshman, Laba (last two probably)

They seem to be giving Mannella a look, wonder if he ends up in USL Pro with Roberts, Aparocio and Hamilton?

Wonder if they even sign Lovitz and/or Eze. Looks like Hagglund will start the season with the big club.

For Saturday's game, here's who got in

K - Bendik

D - Boss, Caldwell, Richter, Morgan, Hagglund, Henry, Morrow

M - Jackson, Hall, Bekker, Lambe, Bradley, Rey, Lovitz

S- Wiedeman, Aparicio, Dero

Didn't appear

K - Ceaser, Roberts, Konopka

D - Bloom, Orr, Manella

M - Osario

S - Hamilton, Gilberto, Eze

Not there yet – Dafoe, Issey (maybe)

Done – Dike, Welshman, Laba (last two probably)

The only guys there that have yet to see the field in the two games are Roberts, Konopka, Bloom and Orr.

Let's see what Bekker does before we call it a bust. At the moment he's on pace to become a player who wins 50+ caps for Canada and anyone who has seen him knows he has talent and potential.

Welshman rubbed me as a guy who was just happy to be along for the ride and call himself a TFC player. Hopefully this is a wake up call for him and he can find a spot in the NASL or better yet head over to Finland to try to win a deal as others have.

Wow - I asked about this a few times (as others surely did). I think this is fantastic news!

After knowing this, I hope the last "big" signing edges towards an being experienced player - so many promising young players, but one or two vets down and there are really a bunch of kids running around out there.

Here's what left in TFC's camp after the Laba move - 25 guys signed

K – Bendik, Ceaser, Roberts, Konopka

D - Boss, Caldwell, Richter, Morgan, Henry, Morrow, Bloom, Orr,

M - Jackson, Hall, Bekker, Lambe, Bradley, Rey, Osario

S- Wiedeman, Aparicio, Dero, Dafoe, Gilberto, Hamilton

Unsigned - Issey (maybe), Manella (Academy), Hagglund (Draft), Eze (Draft), Lovitz (draft)

You'd have to think Roberts, Aparicio and Hamilton are going down to Wilmington for sure...then maybe Manella, Eze or Lovitz?

Also might be worth noting that it was a full-on trade and not a loan. He's Vancouver's man now.

Well, not quite that simple. According to this article, "future considerations" means, TFC gets him off the books for this season and WC need to either pay up or return him for the 2015 season. WC do get a good player for this season for free though while considering him a young DP.

Good deal for both I think.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/2/27/5453604/toronto-sun-sheds-light-on-future-considerations-in-laba-trade-to

Finally wow. I guess MLSE bought the pictures Reggie had of Nelsen's wife. Seriously, how did Lambe last so long? I could see if he was Canadian and didn't take up an international spot but really? I feel like that one game against Chicago and the winner against Vancouver bought him all this time or he would have been gone a long time ago.

Archived