TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

I just went to wiki and read the roster for this season up and down again. Holy crap. This team, for MLS, is freaking stacked. If this was 2013 we would be talking like crazy about Alvaro Rey's potential for growth in the mid. As it is, we're practically ignoring talking about solid players like the Brazilians Jackson, and Gilberto. Even De Rosario feels like a footnote, and the possibility (eventuality) of losing Laba doesn't feel devastating.

Hurry the hell up, March.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just went to wiki and read the roster for this season up and down again. Holy crap. This team, for MLS, is freaking stacked. If this was 2013 we would be talking like crazy about Alvaro Rey's potential for growth in the mid. As it is, we're practically ignoring talking about solid players like the Brazilians Jackson, and Gilberto. Even De Rosario feels like a footnote, and the possibility (eventuality) of losing Laba doesn't feel devastating.

Hurry the hell up, March.

It's very true. The changes to this roster really are overwhelming.

Remaining questions:

1. Who plays on the left side of midfield?

2. Will this be the year Henry really breaks through?

3. How will the fullbacks perform and will the defense be more solid this year?

4. Can Nelsen handle the responsibility of getting this team to the playoffs and beyond?

Pretty good list of problems compared to the past. I think the defense has a much easier job this year considering we - hypothetically - have options up front that can score goals. Nobody had any respect for what we had up front last year. They'd leave Braun or whoever with acres of space to operate without concern. That won't happen with a couple of DP strikers and secondary options of Dike and Dero.

It's very true. The changes to this roster really are overwhelming.

Remaining questions:

1. Who plays on the left side of midfield?

2. Will this be the year Henry really breaks through?

3. How will the fullbacks perform and will the defense be more solid this year?

4. Can Nelsen handle the responsibility of getting this team to the playoffs and beyond?

Pretty good list of problems compared to the past. I think the defense has a much easier job this year considering we - hypothetically - have options up front that can score goals. Nobody had any respect for what we had up front last year. They'd leave Braun or whoever with acres of space to operate without concern. That won't happen with a couple of DP strikers and secondary options of Dike and Dero.

1) DeRo?

2) Someone on this site or another was talking about him working out like a beast and gaining 15 pounds of solid muscle in the offseason.

3) Morrow is one of the best in the league at that position. Another pickup that hardly gets mentioned.

4) Good question.

1) DeRo?

2) Someone on this site or another was talking about him working out like a beast and gaining 15 pounds of solid muscle in the offseason.

3) Morrow is one of the best in the league at that position. Another pickup that hardly gets mentioned.

4) Good question.

1) Maybe. Wouldn't be my first option. Too slow at this point and doesn't like to work defensively. I would say maybe Osorio or Farran if he signs. Hoping we don't waste more time on Reggie Lambe.

2) Muscle has never been that kids problem. He was probably already top 5 in terms of physicality for CBs in the league. Has to show he can read the game and mold into a defensive unit with Caldwell.

3) Morrow is good IMO. I'm less concerned about his performance individually and more about how everyone comes together as a group.

Yeah man you aren't wrong, especially about Lambe. I'm hoping Henry in the gym and working hard means Henry watching tapes and working hard too :) Hopefully hard work is just hard work. As for DeRo, I think he still has a couple miles in the tank. It's tough to say, at his age, honestly, you could see an LA Lakers type season...the miles start to wear on you...might not even see him a lot. If we do, I don't think slow is the word that will describe DeRo.

So TFC played the following yesterday

K – Ceaser

D – Hagglund, Mannella, Caldwell, Boss, Henry, Richter, Morrow, Morgan

M – Jackson, Lambe, Bradley, Hall, Osorio, Bekker, Rey, Aparicio

S - Dero, Eze, Gilberto and Wiedeman

Didn’t appear

K - Bendik, Roberts, Konopka

D – Bloom, Orr

M - Lovitz

S - Hamilton

Not there yet – Dafoe, Issey (maybe)

Done – Dike, Welshman, Laba (last two probably)

They seem to be giving Mannella a look, wonder if he ends up in USL Pro with Roberts, Aparocio and Hamilton?

Wonder if they even sign Lovitz and/or Eze. Looks like Hagglund will start the season with the big club.

Are any of those three (Roberts, Aparicio, Hamilton) confirmed to USL-Pro yet? If they go there, are they ahead in the depth chart at their position? I can't help but remember Simon Thomas getting thoughtlessly loaned to FC Edmonton last year from Vancouver. The problem being that Edmonton already had two very capable keepers in Parker and Smits.

Don't just assume a loan deal is a good idea, it has to fill a need for the team that is taking on the loan as well, in other words...

Are any of those three (Roberts, Aparicio, Hamilton) confirmed to USL-Pro yet? If they go there, are they ahead in the depth chart at their position? I can't help but remember Simon Thomas getting thoughtlessly loaned to FC Edmonton last year from Vancouver. The problem being that Edmonton already had two very capable keepers in Parker and Smits.

If they do go to USL-Pro, they would go to Wilmington, right? Considering that Wilmington only has 6 guys currently on their roster, I would hope they wouldn't be too far down the depth chart.

So TFC played the following yesterday

K – Ceaser

D – Hagglund, Mannella, Caldwell, Boss, Henry, Richter, Morrow, Morgan

M – Jackson, Lambe, Bradley, Hall, Osorio, Bekker, Rey, Aparicio

S - Dero, Eze, Gilberto and Wiedeman

Didn’t appear

K - Bendik, Roberts, Konopka

D – Bloom, Orr

M - Lovitz

S - Hamilton

Not there yet – Dafoe, Issey (maybe)

Done – Dike, Welshman, Laba (last two probably)

They seem to be giving Mannella a look, wonder if he ends up in USL Pro with Roberts, Aparocio and Hamilton?

Wonder if they even sign Lovitz and/or Eze. Looks like Hagglund will start the season with the big club.

That was Aparicio playing? Interesting, I had assumed it was Lovitz.

Certainly held his own for an 18 year old

That number 1 allocation spot they have now is another HUGE asset. Good players are going to come back in a couple months when the euro season ends... there have been plenty of rumors of Brek Shea leaving Stoke for instance (no idea if he'll come back - other option would probably be championship). Imagine what he would bring in a trade.

Wonder what is going on with Laba. Getting pretty tight to the deadline. I think it's ridiculous that despite his reasonable, non dp salary that his transfer fee is what forced him out. Anyway really curious to see where he goes, imagine they'll keep his rights if he'll be a non dp next year. Wonder if he'd consider USL-P if he wants to stay and gets his full salary anyway, doesn't seem like too man MLS teams are willing to do the loan or it would be done.

Archived