Keven Aleman - Thank you

tmcmurph

10 hours ago, Kent said:

Sad but true. It will be very hard for him to climb up to MLS.

I'd be happy to see him in CPL though. It remains to be seen if that league ends up being a stepping stone to bigger leagues in the near term or not, but regardless I'd like to be able to see him play in our league once it is up and running.

Honestly though, if he's good enough than it should happen. If he's not good enough, well, we at least know.

Emrah Klimenta moved from Scaramento Repbluic to LA Galaxy for the 2018 season. He spent multiple seasons in Sacramento and is a 26 year old Montenegro international with 4 caps.

Just an example of a potential pathway for Aleman to MLS from Sacramento Republic.

They are without a doubt a big club in USL terms. Its not the worst place he could have signed. It also helps his chances of getting a call up to the national team as Herdman will have an easier time scouting him. It will be interesting to see if Herdman will use USL players, it was nice that OZ valued talent over contract status and helped the career of MAK. 

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Aleman scores for Sacremento in the opener.  Playing inverted winger, cutting in on his left foot like he was ROBBEN.  Announcers are really bragging him up.  

Sounds like an optimal position for him. Always felt he took a little too much time on the ball in that CAM role, which he could get away with at the U17 level but not against men. Not a CF, tried DM to mixed results..not a great crosser so better on the right then left where he can cut in to attack the box.

edit: smart run. looks like the LB was helping out in the middle and the mid/winger didn't follow Aleman closely enough.

Edited by jpg75

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Did he get a yellow card for ripping off his jersey like he just won the world cup?

Based upon this game recap, yes

https://www.google.ca/search?q=sacramento+republic+fc&oq=sacramento+republic+fc&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.6118j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11f612n164;2;/m/01lkg2;dt;fp;1

I would have been surprised if he didn't.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So Sacramento Republic are officially joining MLS....

I wonder if this opens the door to Major League Soccer for Aleman?

He has supposedly played 40 league games for the USL Championship team since 2018, scoring 3 goals. That's good enough to think he'd be a player worth moving up.

The flip side is that they do not join until 2022. That's 3 seasons from now and a lot can change. He would be 28 by the time they joined.

What do you guys think? Should he stay the course for 3 more years? Should he move onto the CPL or possibly back to Central America? What path is best if he wants to break back into the NT picture?

15 starts this year and no goals....3 assists.  These do not sound like the kind of numbers he would need to move up a level.  Sticking with SAC for a few years as they upgrade their squad for MLS is a loonnnnggg shot.  With the glut of midfielders we have now getting any callups is probably a even bigger long shot.  So few guys make a jump from USL to MLS, which is probably the minimum level of play he would need to be at to get any look at the national team.  Pasher is playing better, Masta kacher is younger and has scored more in USL (none this year either though), maybe a move to CPL would put any success he could muster right under Herdmans nose.  But he has got a tough row to how wherever he ends up.