Keven Aleman - Thank you

tmcmurph

2 hours ago, jordan said:

Listed as a loan, listed as a loan return on transfermarket. Herediano signed Medford and he changed formation and signed aging players. Aleman did get injured at Belen and was suspended for a game, struggled to get in the team after

From what I read online, he was Belén property this last period, the transfer was from them and not Herediano.

14 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They are losing players to MLS and to Norway, which suggests that both of the latter pay better. Salary structure in CR must be rather modest if that is the case.

According the Costa Rican posters on Bigsoccer the Saprissa wage bill is usually around $2M to $2.5M USD with the top players getting $200K

42 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We'd be lucky to have a league full of teams like that in Canada, with that wage structure.

It's worth noting Saprissa are an exception in Costa Rica. I've read players can earn as little as $580 (USD) a month in the top tier. There was a push for $1000 a month back in 2011 but I don't know what became of it. I've also heard players on the lower end of the pay scale in Guatemala make a few hundred dollars more than those in Costa Rica but I haven't seen a decent source on that.

2 hours ago, matty said:

It's worth noting Saprissa are an exception in Costa Rica. I've read players can earn as little as $580 (USD) a month in the top tier. There was a push for $1000 a month back in 2011 but I don't know what became of it. I've also heard players on the lower end of the pay scale in Guatemala make a few hundred dollars more than those in Costa Rica but I haven't seen a decent source on that.

I met a guy near Barcelona who dated a cousin of my wife and he'd played 2nd division in Morocco, he was from a merchant class family I recall as he had had been in Spain working, they were rice dealers or something. He told me, this a dozen years ago, that he'd made just a thousand a month. I was a bit surprised, he said he really did not make good money as a football player in Morrocco 2nd tier pro but it was what he wanted to do.

2 hours ago, matty said:

The internet says the average yearly salary in Costa Rica is $6,810. So, even if $600/mo is the minimum a player will make in the Costa Rican league, it would be above average in the national context ($7,200).

Don't some CFL players make "regular" type wages as well?...

15 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

The internet says the average yearly salary in Costa Rica is $6,810. So, even if $600/mo is the minimum a player will make in the Costa Rican league, it would be above average in the national context ($7,200).

Don't some CFL players make "regular" type wages as well?...

Not knocking the pay just pointing out it's not as awesome as most would except (given Costa Rican league's rep). I think CFL's minimum pay is like $50k but most on average are in the top 10% for Canadian income.

43 minutes ago, SuperCanuck said:

That's not true.  I didn't even read what I'm replying to.

I am not 100% sure cause finding the context from last week would be a challenge.... but I am not talking about us.

The CSA, and all the players ect... read this stuff.  All of it. 

7 minutes ago, admin said:

Sorry, I thought it was Sunday until a few minutes ago....but it is something people should know....  and it's true. 

Why do I have the feeling we're having two completely different conversations?  

I knew what you meant initially about the players etc reading this.  My smart-arse comment just didn't translate from my brain to the screen, I guess, sorry.

Just now, SuperCanuck said:

Why do I have the feeling we're having two completely different conversations?  

I knew what you meant initially about the players etc reading this.  My smart-arse comment just didn't translate from my brain to the screen, I guess, sorry.

I'm going to bed.

So he's had the following confusing career trajectory. Is this typical for a career in Costa Rica?

- Signs with a top club in CR. Loaned to a lower club in CR in year one, gets a lot of minutes, appears to do well.

- Stays with the top club in CR in year two, gets regular minutes until a new manager comes in. Rarely sees the pitch after.

- Signs with the same lower club in CR in year three. Does not get many minutes.

- Signs with another top club in CR halfway through year three.

22 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I met a guy near Barcelona who dated a cousin of my wife and he'd played 2nd division in Morocco, he was from a merchant class family I recall as he had had been in Spain working, they were rice dealers or something. He told me, this a dozen years ago, that he'd made just a thousand a month. I was a bit surprised, he said he really did not make good money as a football player in Morrocco 2nd tier pro but it was what he wanted to do.

So I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. “Give me five bees for a quarter,” you’d say. Now where were we? Oh yeah – the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones…

Edited by AvroArrow

• 3 weeks later...