Keven Aleman - Thank you

tmcmurph

• 1 month later...

On the depth chart, I think Aleman sits behind Hutchinson, Arfield, Hoilett, Osorio, Akindele and Johnson in more advanced midfield / wing / central midfield roles. I think he belongs in the discussion with the likes of Chapman, Bustos, Teibert, Petrasso for the remaining midfield roster spots. Also he's not really competing with Straith or Piette for a spot but remember these two will certainly be there as well if healthy.

He may look the better option now due to being in season, but I don't know if he necessarily will come June. Personally, I'd bring Chapman and Teibert over Aleman but not Petrasso or Bustos.

3 hours ago, shermanator said:

On the depth chart, I think Aleman sits behind Hutchinson, Arfield, Hoilett, Osorio, Akindele and Johnson in more advanced midfield / wing / central midfield roles. I think he belongs in the discussion with the likes of Chapman, Bustos, Teibert, Petrasso for the remaining midfield roster spots. Also he's not really competing with Straith or Piette for a spot but remember these two will certainly be there as well if healthy.

He may look the better option now due to being in season, but I don't know if he necessarily will come June. Personally, I'd bring Chapman and Teibert over Aleman but not Petrasso or Bustos.

I think Aleman, Chapman, Bustos, Tiebert and Petrasso may all be similar level players at the moment but Aleman and Petrasso seem to have the most potential to me and are the ones I can see being the most likely to be valuable national team contributors in the future so they would be my two preferential selections.

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, jordan said:

Por qué le costó tanto a Dave Myrie y a Keven Alemán?

Son cuestiones de oportunidades y de momento. Keven, por ejemplo, juega en posiciones en las que nosotros tenemos muy buenos jugadores, él también lo es. Ellos me demuestran a mí que tienen que jugar y yo tomo la decisión. Si les corresponde y no han sido oportunos, serán desplazados y les tocará a otros. Es la dinámica normal en un club como Saprissa.

Spanish 100 summarized translation:

On questioning the (transfer?) cost of Myrie and Aleman...

They have players with his skillset already who have proven they can play. Aleman and Myrie have had opportunities and not really seized them, so the manager made a decision, as a club like Saprissa might be expected to. If that changes, then other players will be given a chance.

Jeff can correct me, I would imagine, but that's the gist.

http://www.nacion.com/deportes/futbol-costa-rica/Carlos-Watson-Mantendremos-sistema-juego_0_1641435912.html]

Edited by nolando

24 minutes ago, badname22 said:

has he been that bad?

No.

9 hours ago, nolando said:

Por qué le costó tanto a Dave Myrie y a Keven Alemán?

Keven, por ejemplo, juega en posiciones en las que nosotros tenemos muy buenos jugadores, él también lo es.

"Keven, for example, plays a position which we have many good players, which he is also."

31 minutes ago, badname22 said:

has he been that bad?

No, In the games I watched him play he was either involved in everything, or completely invisible. Towards the second half of the season was when he was more invisible.

16 hours ago, jordan said:

If I recall correctly Whitecaps have his rights and  lost Bolanos and Mezquida  to injury so a move could be possible

Just now, badname22 said:

If I recall correctly Whitecaps have his rights and  lost Bolanos and Mezquida  to injury so a move could be possible

Sure but that is his current situation. Why would he go to Vancouver to play a few games and then be cover for Bolanos and Mezquida.

5 minutes ago, jordan said:

Sure but that is his current situation. Why would he go to Vancouver to play a few games and then be cover for Bolanos and Mezquida.

It is at a higher level and he will be getting to play a few games instead of none.

I wonder if he'll get loaned to a second division Mexican club. That is probably an appropriate level for him and perhaps the playing style is such that it'd be a good fit for him, allowing him to further develop. 

Saprissa is the top team in central america, not a small feat to become a starter there. I don't think this is a case of Aleman being bad. I'd be more concerned if they terminated his contract.

A loan indicates Sparissa value him to some degree.