The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

The majority of rovers fan believe he is likely headed back to Germany. Interest from Schalke (regular player) and Bayern (squad player). I know that he truly enjoyed his stay with St Pauli when he was loaned out, maybe he misses Germany.

The majority of rovers fan believe he is likely headed back to Germany. Interest from Schalke (regular player) and Bayern (squad player). I know that he truly enjoyed his stay with St Pauli when he was loaned out, maybe he misses Germany.

Forster, without doubting Hoilett's positive experience in Germany and the attention from bundesliga clubs - I think his agent (dad) soaks it up b/c it only makes him a more enticing prospect for english clubs. I still think he'll stay in the prem.

But, yeah, I don't think Hoilett loved playing for Big Sam last time round, and I believe other clubs have been in for Hoilett since last summer - so West Ham won't even be on Jr.'s radar.

I could see Jr. being picked up by a club like Newcastle or even Spurs. I don't believe he will be the starting striker for the club that buys him, though. It always seems to be such a double-edged sword for these younger guys, as even though they're being bought by bigger clubs, they end up riding the pine unless they are absolute standouts at their previous club.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2012/may/24/top-50-transfer-targets-pictures#/?picture=390574289&index=21

Hoilett checks in at number 21 in the Guardians list of top fifty summer transfer targets. Just behind Emanuel Adebayor. Clint Demsey (age 29) is listed at 42.

Haha what a Euro-centric list!! I don't know much, but is there really only one (1) player in the rest of the world that would make this list?? No other exciting talents in South America, Asia, North America or Africa? Damn...

Guest Brethers

I love how all the pictures in that show the players doing something in a game, except for Skrtel's. What a random photo to use

I love how all the pictures in that show the players doing something in a game, except for Skrtel's. What a random photo to use

yeah, that one was funny as hell. for those who didnt see it. here it is

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2012/may/24/top-50-transfer-targets-pictures#/?picture=390574253&index=10

PS.: Not safe for the work place, do not open that link if you are viewing this site from an office or other place of work

Edited by Free kick

A Premier League club could possibly be looking at paying £4million, but due to different compensation rules abroad, Blackburn would only receive about £750,000 if he moved overseas.

As a result Hoilett is a very attractive proposition for clubs in Germany and it appears Werder Bremen and Borussia Monchengladbach are leading a clutch of clubs from the Bundesliga in a bid to sign him.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/blackburn-rovers/germans-lead-race-for-junior-1432388.html

Am I the only one who continuously opens this thread hoping to read a post that he has committed to the CMNT and is on his way to the training camp? Hopefully if the much desired news ever does break it warrants a new thread and this one is closed immediately.

Am I the only one who continuously opens this thread hoping to read a post that he has committed to the CMNT and is on his way to the training camp? Hopefully if the much desired news ever does break it warrants a new thread and this one is closed immediately.

I think that every time I see it has been bumped to the top. I'm sure there's a 12-step program for this.

True enough. If they'd avoided the drop thanks to Hoilett then they would have won big even if they lost him for nothing.

Sadly, now they're getting the worst of both worlds.

The only other course of action would have been to sell Junior in the winter window and use the money on bringing in other players (that wouldn't have had expiring contracts). But hey, they're chicken farmers that didn't know about the relegation mechanism when they bought the team so you get what you deserve i guess...

The only other course of action would have been to sell Junior in the winter window and use the money on bringing in other players (that wouldn't have had expiring contracts). But hey, they're chicken farmers that didn't know about the relegation mechanism when they bought the team so you get what you deserve i guess...

Was going to post the exact same thing, if they sell him in January or last summer they use that money to invest in the team, maybe they avoid relegation but if they don't they have more players that will stay for the championship and the club has more value and a better shot at coming back up. But Venky's was basically a blueprint of how not to purchase and run a club.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/Blackburn-s-Hoilett-could-add-extra-firepower-to-Boyz

Saw this article about news that discussions are ongoing to have Hoilett join Jamaica but the article doesn't provide any credible sources to back up the claim. Likely just more speculation.

I agree. The writer probably read the comments in this thread and just recycled old news.

yeah, that one was funny as hell. for those who didnt see it. here it is

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2012/may/24/top-50-transfer-targets-pictures#/?picture=390574253&index=10

PS.: Not safe for the work place, do not open that link if you are viewing this site from an office or other place of work

Man that just begging to be someone's AVATAR!