The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

really?....to me it seems unlikely that he would just drop by because he had a couple of hours to kill....he spends his whole life in football...if he was just passing time, it would be more likely that he would go to a movie....especially when he knows that his presence will only fuel speculation.

he knows that he is not just a regular fan out to watch a bit of footie on a sunday evening....if he were in the crowd in jamiaca i would consider it a very bad sign.

Jamaica plays Guatamala in Kingston on Friday. What a coincidence. This will be a good litmus test. If he is in atendance i hope they play like Sh*t.

I think if you step back and look at the obvious without trying to be super analytical...

His options? Canada, Jamaica and the rumored England and US. So why wasn't he at the England/Belgium match? Why was here? Why's he (presumably) going to the Jamaica match?

IMO the obvious states he's scouting his 2 real options right now. I'd imagine he's close to settling down his club career with a big signing soon, this is the next logical choice should he want to enter international football....which I think he does since he entertains the discussions of who to play for.

Jamaica plays Guatamala in Kingston on Friday. What a coincidence. This will be a good litmus test. If he is in atendance i hope they play like Sh*t.

Apparently Junior and his family are on vacation in Jamaica this week, so I would say if he isn't there that's a HUGE sign that he's not going there. However, I will bet he's in attendance there.

What are the pros and cons from Junior's perspective to playing for Canada as opposed to Jamaica? Would there be more or less commercial opportunities (that come with playing on the National Team) here or in Jamaica? I personally see a lot more pros playing for Canada, but maybe I'm missing something.

I apologize if this has already been discussed somewhere else.

Despite their results Jamaica thinks they are on a different planet from us footballing wise if you listen to their supporters... It's likely thats how they are trying to appeal to him if I had to guess. Pro for us is that he obviously lives here when he's not working, home games will involve a little less travel in summertime. Also his brother being a part of the program probably is another pro... finally while the CSA has a bad rep, the Jamaican association has had numerous major disputes with players, if there's a fed we actually have a reputation advantage on it might be them.

Lots of the other stuff is personal, probably relationships with people and how he feels about going to Kingston regularly, which has a great climate and vacation potential after games but isn't exactly the safest city in the world these days.

Commercially I think it's a wash, although I think a wealthy country like canada has more upside if the team ever qualified

Edited by Footscray

What are the pros and cons from Junior's perspective to playing for Canada as opposed to Jamaica? Would there be more or less commercial opportunities (that come with playing on the National Team) here or in Jamaica? I personally see a lot more pros playing for Canada, but maybe I'm missing something.

I apologize if this has already been discussed somewhere else.

It will be important that Jamaica don't qualify to the Hex. Next Friday I will be cheering for Canada of course but also for Guatemala.

Sufficed to say, if what I'm learning from these recent events is true, and he is in Jamaica, this may be the biggest, and potentially final chapter in this saga.

At the end of the day, I think his heart is probably in Canada, and I would like to speculate more, but sufficed to say, that would be unfair to him and his family (Dad).

But I believe this is it boys, one way or another.

Nothing really new, but interesting nonetheless: http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/06/04/david_hoilett_canada_stephen_hart/

What I found interesting was the wording, "the Blackburn star repeated what he always said on the matter: that he's waiting until his pro club situation is settled and being comfortable there before making a decision."

So even if his rumoured move to Germany is true, I can see him holding out until the hex for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

According to sources, we may find out more about Hoilett's club career very soon, as it is reported his contract is coming up as of tonight. Of course, he is strongly linked to having a verbal agreement with borussia mönchengladbach, but lately he's been very strongly linked to Newcastle as well. All are still rumors for now though. Interested to see where he goes.

No ****in way. I created this monster and it is under my command and shall live as long as I deem it's existence necessary (read that: forever). Oh, you can have it closed, but it'll cost you an entire pitcher at the Panama match in September.

I'm hearing from my sources that Hoilett will sign with QPR on Monday! Take that for what it's worth but I'd be a real happy Voyageur! (Not that I'm not already)

QPR? That is very disappointing after all the clubs he was linked too. He could have played Champions League ball with BM or Galatassary but he priced himself out of the German clubs plans with his wage demands (50,000k per week) and never wanted to play in Turkey (I can understand that). Even Newcastle and Sunderland were very close to signing him but were scared off by that 50k figure.

QPR are clearly the only club willing to pay him that kind of money. Perhaps Arsenal could or maybe even Liverpool but if he took those offers he would be coming off the bench. He will be a starter on QPR!

From a CMNT perspective, some might be worried he is staying in the EPL and not moving to Germany, but I have a different perspective. If he indeed signs for QPR and makes big bucks, he is settled financially, and will suit up for the real country of his choice (CANADA). He won't have to worry about any nonsense about the "massive" endorsement opportunities with Jamaica.

QPR? That is very disappointing after all the clubs he was linked too. He could have played Champions League ball with BM or Galatassary but he priced himself out of the German clubs plans with his wage demands (50,000k per week) and never wanted to play in Turkey (I can understand that). Even Newcastle and Sunderland were very close to signing him but were scared off by that 50k figure.

QPR are clearly the only club willing to pay him that kind of money. Perhaps Arsenal could or maybe even Liverpool but if he took those offers he would be coming off the bench. He will be a starter on QPR!

From a CMNT perspective, some might be worried he is staying in the EPL and not moving to Germany, but I have a different perspective. If he indeed signs for QPR and makes big bucks, he is settled financially, and will suit up for the real country of his choice (CANADA). He won't have to worry about any nonsense about the "massive" endorsement opportunities with Jamaica.

If you haven't guessed, this is a club I have followed for years! I think it would be a great move all round for him to move to QPR, not just for my personal satisfaction, they are a real up and coming club and have massive money behind them and ambitious plans! He will not be buried behind other high priced internationals hoping to get playing time there as QPR really could use a player of his skill and position! Add to this that Mark Hughes is one of the most respected managers around who has a way of getting the best out of the players he coaches and it's got to be a good move! As for playing for Canada, Marc Bircham is the reserve coach and I'm sure will point him in our direction, he loves Canada! Hopefully it happens and all of you who are worried if it does, don't be!

I agree with gator QPR are up and coming with money to spend and plenty of ambition. I think that team settles with a good preseason and I don't see them anywhere near the relegation zone. last year they brought in and sent out a lot of players, that disorganization is not good for the club, this year with the additions and pre season I think they will do really well.

Well one thing that is assured. QPR is a better club with a better chance to succeed WITH Hoilett, than without. They are making good moves...they may not have shocked, like Norwich did last year, but at no point did I think, DAMN, they deserve relegation. They played decent!

QPR is the PERFECT club for Hoilett from a CMNT perspective. Marc Bircham is a club legend and currently the academy coach as well, the only team that compares matches his love for QPR is Canada. I can guarantee Marc will be in his ear non-stop and hopefully he can get on with Petrasso and Carreiro as well in aiding their development... hopefully that will help him realize how much Canadian youth need him as well.