The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

First sentence: Rovers manager Steve Kean had been reluctant to accept the Canada international was going to leave Ewood Park,...

Would he not have to be playing for us or at least committed to Canada to be called a "Canada international"?

Oh, i was looking for a misspelling of his last name in the article...

Let it be Sunderland.

I don't think he would fit in at Newcastle. And there is no place for him with the Gunners after signing LukPod to joing Walcott, Gervinho, Ox and Co, even if Yossi leaves.

Sunderland is weaker on the flanks, with Larsson being their only consistent performer, and his injury woes demonstrate this over reliance.

Newcastle also have a very strong centre mid with Cabaye, and Tiote, and often attack through the centre. They won't change that for one player. I think Junior would be frustrated there.

Let it be Sunderland.

I don't think he would fit in at Newcastle. And there is no place for him with the Gunners after signing LukPod to joing Walcott, Gervinho, Ox and Co, even if Yossi leaves.

Sunderland is weaker on the flanks, with Larsson being their only consistent performer, and his injury woes demonstrate this over reliance.

Newcastle also have a very strong centre mid with Cabaye, and Tiote, and often attack through the centre. They won't change that for one player. I think Junior would be frustrated there.

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years now (I like to read, not a big fan of writing)... but I think that now is the right time to step up and write what I have in mind about this future soccer star.

1- Is he any good ??? YES... actually .. VERY GOOD...

2- Does he want to play for CANADA... NO... ITs obvious that not only he doesn't want to play for US.. His Treating us like a B..CH and weare hoping that if we are nice enough, one day he will marry us. Get it to your mind people, we are just a plan B.. Just like JDG2, when all the stars were align for him he was Dutch and now that he is going trough hard times, he became CND again (our at least his making everyone work hard so that he can become canadian again, lol).

This Hoilett guy will not play for us, he turn us down more than once. THe stars are align for him right now and he would love to play for ENgland. Right or Wrong ??? I don't know !!! Its his life.. Which brings me to the next point.

3- Will some of you stop worrying, caring and hoping that he makes the right career moves.. He doesn't care about you and you still want to show that you care so much for him (if he did, he would be helping us to make it to the WC2014). If you really want him to suit up for us one day.. Its sad. but hope the reverse.. If his career hits a wall, sweet reality will bring him back to us.. just like JDG2 (in his case, time will tell. If he becomes CND and actually plays for us I will be the first one thanking him for coming home).

Its like chasing a girl that clearly needs to be reminded that if she doesn't want you.. It's ok, but I won't be waiting for you.. Funny its usually when you go after other girls and you stop chasing her that she turns around and decides that you are so.. so.. so.. special.

Sometimes we sound like a bunch of 40 year old virgins.. (and maybe we are, or close to it ... 2014-1986= 28)... However I dont think we should let the best looking woman at work know that... So it would be nice for us to let go and stop chasing him because it doesnt help it makes it worse.

Its like me posting my tv for sale on kijiji for 400$ and asking a potential buyer to come and see me next week. I now have one week to see if I can get 425$ for my tv from someone else.

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years now (I like to read, not a big fan of writing)... but I think that now is the right time to step up and write what I have in mind about this future soccer star.

1- Is he any good ??? YES... actually .. VERY GOOD...

2- Does he want to play for CANADA... NO... ITs obvious that not only he doesn't want to play for US.. His Treating us like a B..CH and weare hoping that if we are nice enough, one day he will marry us. Get it to your mind people, we are just a plan B.. Just like JDG2, when all the stars were align for him he was Dutch and now that he is going trough hard times, he became CND again (our at least his making everyone work hard so that he can become canadian again, lol).

This Hoilett guy will not play for us, he turn us down more than once. THe stars are align for him right now and he would love to play for ENgland. Right or Wrong ??? I don't know !!! Its his life.. Which brings me to the next point.

3- Will some of you stop worrying, caring and hoping that he makes the right career moves.. He doesn't care about you and you still want to show that you care so much for him (if he did, he would be helping us to make it to the WC2014). If you really want him to suit up for us one day.. Its sad. but hope the reverse.. If his career hits a wall, sweet reality will bring him back to us.. just like JDG2 (in his case, time will tell. If he becomes CND and actually plays for us I will be the first one thanking him for coming home).

Its like chasing a girl that clearly needs to be reminded that if she doesn't want you.. It's ok, but I won't be waiting for you.. Funny its usually when you go after other girls and you stop chasing her that she turns around and decides that you are so.. so.. so.. special.

Sometimes we sound like a bunch of 40 year old virgins.. (and maybe we are, or close to it ... 2014-1986= 28)... However I dont think we should let the best looking woman at work know that... So it would be nice for us to let go and stop chasing him because it doesnt help it makes it worse.

Its like me posting my tv for sale on kijiji for 400$ and asking a potential buyer to come and see me next week. I now have one week to see if I can get 425$ for my tv from someone else.

So, I realize that after all your lurking you feel as though you are in a position to speak decisively about Jr. Most of us never read anyone else's posts anyway, and as such, don't have the brillian insight that you do.

But why was it necessary to quote my post, since it had nothing to do with anything that you're talking about? While this thread is about Jr and Canada more or less ,that doesn't mean that I can't speculate/hope about what direction his future holds. I happen to like Sunderland and Arsenal and would be happy to see him at either club. Moreover I think they would be a better fit for the players future.

The same way I would be happy to see a good player from any relegated team end up with a good club. Victor Moses, or Gamst Pederson for example. But this thread isn't about them. So...

Really, in a man's canadian national team forum. I don't understand what you are not understanding... perhaps thats exactly my point..

If you are so worried about sunderland and arsenal future.. and you think he would be a good fit for those teams.. then post on a sunderland and arsenal forum about that ... (The title of this post is the importance of JH.. (not for a club, but for cnd men).

I personally don't want to know about his future, his career until he suits up in a CND Jersey. Especially in a Men's national team forum..

BTW, I don't think I am some kind of wizard with special power.. Just tired of seeing people talking about his future and hoping the best for someone that turned is back on us.... And yes that as everything to do with not only this forum but also with this subject.

Really, in a man's canadian national team forum. I don't understand what you are not understanding... perhaps thats exactly my point..

If you are so worried about sunderland and arsenal future.. and you think he would be a good fit for those teams.. then post on a sunderland and arsenal forum about that ... (The title of this post is the importance of JH.. (not for a club, but for cnd men).

I personally don't want to know about his future, his career until he suits up in a CND Jersey. Especially in a Men's national team forum..

BTW, I don't think I am some kind of wizard with special power.. Just tired of seeing people talking about his future and hoping the best for someone that turned is back on us.... And yes that as everything to do with not only this forum but also with this subject.

This is the problem. He hasn't turned his back on us, he hasn't accepted an invitation. If he suits up for Jamaica or England I'll be with you but until then there's no reason to think he won't play for Canada.

Thing to look for in the comming months:

If any of the home (UK) nations have it in their minds to Cap David, then the opertunity to do so will be in the Great Britain <Spit> Olympic squad.* If this does not happen then chances are he was not on the long list of 80, and not considered to be British/ English.

If he does not make a decision after then, chances are he wont have an international career.

on a lighter note: National Player Russelling is not only resricted to soccer:

from the BBC sportday thread...

1527:

RUGBY LEAGUE

Huddersfield Giants' Australian coach Nathan Brown says England boss SteveMcNamara is wrong to bring Catalan Dragons' Australia-raised hooker Ian Henderson into the England camp for this year's internationals.

Brown, who was also scathing of McNamara's decision to cap New Zealand-born stand-off Rangi Chase in last year's Four Nations Series, is adamant Henderson should not play for England, even though he was born in Torquay.

"If something looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck, isn't it? He looks Aussie and talks Aussie so I suppose he is an Aussie," said Brown.

^The olympics doesn't cap-tie anyone. Reference: Jonathan De Guzman.

I think his point is that David is eligible for the British Olympic squad and is probably good enough to be called up, so if he isn't on it then the FA probably do not view him as English.

^ Yep, that's the thought I had in mind.

There will be some players who will decline on the basis of only wanting to be considered as English, Scots, N-Irish or Welsh, but I would not see that as part of DJH's make up, If positioning for an English spot is in his mind.

somehow the politics involved will mean that we never actually see this interim or any other list until the squad is announced.

Look for some very unfavourable twittering when it does.

The, "Oh SH#T , I been sent off!... let's cause a ruckus so I can take down one of city with a red of their own" was a masterstroke in Machevalian thinking!

I just wish he would have committed to it a bit more, he might have been able to get a fist fight going with Kompany.

Remember the days when sportsmen use to be across more than one discipline?

Footballers played Baseball,

Soccerplayers Played cricket etc. Wonder If Joey B could take on Footy and MMA?

Pffft Joey Barton isn't actually a hard man, he's just a nut

Not mentioned anywhere is what Tevez did to provoke him! JB lost it and could have cost my team relegation but we survived in spite of his actions! He was actually playing good football in the run in for QPR after a very average beginning! Canada will be dealing with many Tevez like players in this round, dirty players trying to provoke us into stuff, hopefully the lads have more dicipline than Joey! What's all this got to do with Hoilett anyway?

A lot of talk of Arsenal going after Junior. Sounds a bit crazy at first, but if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Hoilett's game is taylor made for the formation that Arsenal play and he can play in either of the 2 wide rolls, hes young and has plenty of offensive ability but is still raw and that system would maximize his qualities. Also Wenger is notorious at picking up bargains so getting Hoilett on a free would provide that.

Overall I think this will be great for Junior's career, even if he does'nt get a ton of minutes at first he will learn his trade and be in a proven developmental juggernaut that seems to pump out good young attacking players. I don't think this will necessarily help us in getting him to represent Canada, but if he does represent Canada this would be very big for our program, having a good exciting player in one of the biggest most covered clubs in the world, in the most covered league in the world.

Let it be Sunderland.

Please do not let it be Arsenal. Ya, Arsenal looks sexy, but really, the only way a young player develops is through first team mins. Wenger will be happy to sign Hoilett, and bury him in reserve squad, as an insurance. JH faces too much competition at Arsenal at his position.

A mid table Prem team like Sunderland would be a good fit for JH at this point of his career. Sign for any EPL team that'll get him first team mins.