The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Very surprised he's staying in England. Someone posted earlier in this thread that the expected compensation to Blackburn if he signs in England is 4M GBP, but if he signs elsewhere it would only cost 750K. Are QPR (or any other EPL club for that matter) really that well off financially that they can spend 4M and pay him more salary than one of the biggest German clubs (and UCL-bound) spending a fraction on the transfer? Wow.

The short answer is "yes". With the new TV contract, EPL teams will be divvying up over ONE BILLION POUNDS (not dollars) each year. That's an average of 50 million pounds per team. Without trying to look it up, I don't think the Not Necessarily Champions League will bring in anywhere near that kind of revenue, even for the team that wins it. And will Borussia Monchengladbach even make the group phase? They won't get much out of the NNCL if they don't. The EPL is nothing if not rich.

Good lord, isn't that double what the old TV contract was?

As this long drawn out saga continues QPR fans are finding out what it's like to deal with Junior's Dad, senior Hoilett! I warned them all that nothing is easy with this guy due to his Father being his agent, there are rumours he has taken his medical and will be signed soon however!

Keane: Hoilett snubs good offer

The 22-year-old is a free agent after his Blackburn contract expired this summer and he is understood to have held talks with Borussia Monchengladbach.

Relegated Blackburn's former Premier League rivals, Queens Park Rangers and Sunderland, have also been linked with Hoilett in the race to secure his signature.

But Kean insists his club did their best to keep a player who last season scored seven goals and registered five assists in the top flight.

"We have said many times, Junior is out of contract and it is his prerogative where he signs," Kean told a media conference broadcast on Sky Sports News.

"We had a very good offer on the table for him. Wherever he decides to play his football, we wish him all the best.

"We felt we made a fantastic offer to keep him. He is a player who developed to a very high standard at our club."

------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool & Tottenham To Rival Bundesliga Club For Blackburn Winger Junior Hoilett

Duo to approach winger.Liverpool and Tottenham are eyeing Blackburn winger Junior Hoilett after Rovers boss Steve Kean admitted the winger had rejected a new deal at Ewood Park.

German club Borussia Monchengladbach remain favourites the free-agent’s signature but are struggling to finalise a deal with the Canadian-born star, meaning Liverpool and Spurs may swoop. Beleaguered Blackburn boss Kean admitted that he had failed in his attempts to convince Hoilett to stay the club.

“Junior is out of contract. We made him an incredible offer but he’s decided to go and speak to other clubs,” the Scot told the BBC.

Tottenham’s new head coach Andre Villas-Boas believes Spurs are short of numbers in wide areas and wants to add another winger to the club as competition for Aaron Lennon and Gareth Bale.

Chelsea’s Daniel Sturridge is the Portuguese’s first choice but he is not convinced Chelsea are willing to sell and is now set to offer Hoilett the chance to remain in the Premier League. Liverpool, meanwhile, are also admirers of Hoilett, who can play on the right or left of midfield, and are prepared to match any offer made by Spurs.

Blackburn will be due any compensation should Hoilett join another team because he is under 24.

I disagree with you Gator. I'll bet dollars to donuts he's signed with an English club simply to remain in England and close to Three Lions. Whether or not he impresses at QPR, the fact he's staying in England leads me to believe he has one aim: Engerland.

I don't understand why people keep talking about him playing for England... there is an agreement between the home nations that no one can play for them who wasn't born or had a parent born there. The only way they could have ruined his Canada/Jamaica career is if they called him into the Olympic team which doesn't have the same rules.

I disagree with you Gator. I'll bet dollars to donuts he's signed with an English club simply to remain in England and close to Three Lions. Whether or not he impresses at QPR, the fact he's staying in England leads me to believe he has one aim: Engerland.

You could be right, nothing would surprise me with this guy and his Dad, it's all about money as it is for most pro athletes! If he is going to play for us I could see that happening soon, if he is waiting I suspect it could be for England or to see who makes the hex! If he declares for another country I will wish him nothing but misfortune and that is coming from a long time QPR fan! It's country over club for me!

If he was'nt called into the Olympic squad I don't think hes eligible. The Olympic squad is way lighter from a talent prospective and has way laxer rules I'm sure as opposed to an official FIFA competition. If he was called and turned down or they don't know hes eligible or some other issue then we are no further on, but him making 50k pounds per week I'd imagine on a long term contract seems like hes done well for himself in the contract situation now time to play for Canada.

Maybe Hoilett is holding out for a change in the "gentleman's agreement". Maybe he'd prefer to play for England or nobody. If he had any genuine interest in playing for Canada he'd be doing so already. Guys, he's just not that into us.

Maybe Hoilett is holding out for a change in the "gentleman's agreement". Maybe he'd prefer to play for England or nobody. If he had any genuine interest in playing for Canada he'd be doing so already. Guys, he's just not that into us.

this +1. But people keep replying to this stupid thread and keeping it alive.

OMGWTFBBQWATTERMELLON no one is into us .. waaahhhhh .:(

People keep replying because they're too afraid of what I'd do to them if they dared stop. Once this thread hits 100 pages it will open a gateway for the Dark Lord to emerge from, oh yes, under my command. MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually I really just wanted to say that Doug is right, they'll never remember Hoilett unless he hits the goal that wins them the World Cup or something as unrealistic as that.