The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Agree, but they kind of needed him to at least try and avoid relegation.

Everybody to a man, Knew they were going down, except for Keen and the KFC boys.

Heck even the VOGONS in interstellar space knew they were going down. They started writing poetry about it.

(I'd copy some down here but it make your eyes bleed)

The first link is mentioning the Express link as the source. They seem well informed but I've never heard of them. They say that Hoilett has signed a 4 year deal and that Gladbach only have to pay a compensation fee of 800,000 Euro's to Blackburn. According to the link he has already passed his medical and has been looking at a house or apartment.

Signing for Gladbach would be a really good move for him. May not be financially the most rewarding offer but he's guaranteed to be a starter at a massive club. They do need to improve their squad though. They are playing Champions League but many of the big fish they were after chose other clubs instead so far.

The first link is mentioning the Express link as the source. They seem well informed but I've never heard of them. They say that Hoilett has signed a 4 year deal and that Gladbach only have to pay a compensation fee of 800,000 Euro's to Blackburn. According to the link he has already passed his medical and has been looking at a house or apartment.

Signing for Gladbach would be a really good move for him. May not be financially the most rewarding offer but he's guaranteed to be a starter at a massive club. They do need to improve their squad though. They are playing Champions League but many of the big fish they were after chose other clubs instead so far.

In case you didn't watch the game on TV, Hoilett was there denying rumors of the transfer, flat out saying they weren't true. So i guess this remains to be seen.

All they really said is that he doesn't want to choose a country until his club situation is sorted out. Then later they talked about Simeon Jackson's uncertain future and the rumours around Occean (and didn't even mention Lars Hirschfeld's nomadic career).

But whatevs - it is Hoilett's right to decide. At least he is being honest... I think where I am confused is that all my life I have dreamed of being able to pull on the Red of Canada for anything! I would represent Canada at lawn bowling if I was good enough.

^ I don't think the fact his presence was noticed (ie, to say that he's a commodity worth noticing by our little footie sub-culture) won't go unnoticed by his "camp".

All that aside, he's really at a very, very, important crossroads with his club career. Easy to understand how his mind is on other things aside from international commitments.

Nice to see him at the game and for the team to put in a good performance in front of him probably doesn't hurt. They also said that he's headed to Jamaica on a family vacation next week. Hard not to hope he will play for his country but given the history of the national team I'm cynically expecting he will play for his dad's.

All they really said is that he doesn't want to choose a country until his club situation is sorted out. Then later they talked about Simeon Jackson's uncertain future and the rumours around Occean (and didn't even mention Lars Hirschfeld's nomadic career).

But whatevs - it is Hoilett's right to decide. At least he is being honest... I think where I am confused is that all my life I have dreamed of being able to pull on the Red of Canada for anything! I would represent Canada at lawn bowling if I was good enough.

Surprises me about Jackson, I missed that bit of the commentary. Thought he just signed a new deal with Norwich about 2 weeks ago...

it is completely ridiculous to suggest that hoilett does not know who he is going to play for in his own mind....he has of course decided, or at the very least has a strong idea.

having him present is great news in my opinion....if in his mind he believes that he will play for jamaica, or hold out for england, why would he show up to watch a game like this, knowing that it would only add fuel to the speculation.

he will play for canada.....i just hope its soon!

Nice to see him at the game and for the team to put in a good performance in front of him probably doesn't hurt. They also said that he's headed to Jamaica on a family vacation next week. Hard not to hope he will play for his country but given the history of the national team I'm cynically expecting he will play for his dad's.

You know what? I'd even take him playing for Jamaica, rather than trying to weasel his way into the USMT or the England side. At least Jamaica is his true roots too, and I'd root for him there as well...but still REALLY hoping Canada.

I'd love to take his attendance as a signal of intent, but if he is in town to see family he would probably check out the game regardless of his plans. He is, after all, a football player who was born in this country. I wouldn't read too much into it.

This could just be me trying (desparately) not to get my hopes up yet again, but I really don't take too much from him watching a game while he's in town.

I think Hoillet will decide to play for whichever country is in a better position to make the hex. So, with saying that, Canada should have good results against both Cuba and Honduras to maximize their chance to having him play.

Ironically, him being on the roster NOW would improve their chances of winning these 2 games.

I'd love to take his attendance as a signal of intent, but if he is in town to see family he would probably check out the game regardless of his plans. He is, after all, a football player who was born in this country. I wouldn't read too much into it.

This could just be me trying (desparately) not to get my hopes up yet again, but I really don't take too much from him watching a game while he's in town.

really?....to me it seems unlikely that he would just drop by because he had a couple of hours to kill....he spends his whole life in football...if he was just passing time, it would be more likely that he would go to a movie....especially when he knows that his presence will only fuel speculation.

he knows that he is not just a regular fan out to watch a bit of footie on a sunday evening....if he were in the crowd in jamiaca i would consider it a very bad sign.