The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

@Ryan - I don't propose selecting REB ahead of any of the selected forward players, but rather ahead of one of the defenders (cough cough, Ledgerwood, cough cough). I mean honestly, what do we need more? A workman defender on the bench of a potential match winner who just may be the fastest lad in Concacaf??

@Ryan - I don't propose selecting REB ahead of any of the selected forward players, but rather ahead of one of the defenders (cough cough, Ledgerwood, cough cough). I mean honestly, what do we need more? A workman defender on the bench of a potential match winner who just may be the fastest lad in Concacaf??

You may think differently when a defensive player goes down with injury in training. :) I think a sixth forward and an eighth attacking player may be a little much, especially when we only have three defensive subs.

^we have Hutch who can slide into the back in an "emergency."

We also have 3 left backs in camp...only 2 are needed. Our back line has a lot of versatility as well.

Kluka (LB-RB-CB)

Jazic/Morgan (LB)

Edgar (CB-RB)

McKenna (CB)

Ledgerwood (RB/DM)

Hainault (RB-CB)

did I miss anyone off top of my head?

Hutch can play RB, and I imagine Johnson could if needed. Rather put one of those two at the back in emerg and have REB on the bench than Ledgerwood on the bench. Gotta take some risk to win!

^we have Hutch who can slide into the back in an "emergency."

We also have 3 left backs in camp...only 2 are needed. Our back line has a lot of versatility as well.

Kluka (LB-RB-CB)

Jazic/Morgan (LB)

Edgar (CB-RB)

McKenna (CB)

Ledgerwood (RB/DM)

Hainault (RB-CB)

did I miss anyone off top of my head?

Hutch can play RB, and I imagine Johnson could if needed. Rather put one of those two at the back in emerg and have REB on the bench than

Ledgerwood on the bench. Gotta take some risk to win!

Just because we have Hutch though, doesn't mean we want to tempt fate. It's still best to avoid having to move him back at all. I'll be first to say I haven't been impressed with Ledgerwood whatsoever. I think Straith is a far better option, but to say we ought to drop a defender for a forward in an already attack-oriented camp just seems irresponsible.

I hate these posts.... because a little bit of it has me thinking - what if this is true? And I get my hopes again :(

Please no unfounded rumours unless you have something to back it up with.

I return with somewhat good news....from the grape vine, Hoilett will represent us...He defies his father...more to come..

It would be quite cruel to get our hopes up ... don't get me wrong, I really, really, really, hope you've got something. :)

A poster on the reggae boyz board corroborates the hearsay:

"Tappa just announce squad on class FM 6 New players Nathan Dyer, Darren Pratley, Jermaine Beckford, Daniel Johnson, Jobi Mcnuff and Lloyd Doley, word on the street that Toilette will finally decide to play for Canada"

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/197029/page/1/fpart/3

A poster on the reggae boyz board corroborates the hearsay:

"Tappa just announce squad on class FM 6 New players Nathan Dyer, Darren Pratley, Jermaine Beckford, Daniel Johnson, Jobi Mcnuff and Lloyd Doley, word on the street that Toilette will finally decide to play for Canada"

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/197029/page/1/fpart/3

Impressive callups

I found the next post funny:

As for Hoilett, I have long said that people who know his father have said that the old man is wary of his son playing for JA, if only because of the corrupt and inept JFF. But we will see.

I think that sounds familiar, just with a different soccer association. Jamaica looks mighty impressive though if they can get those guys out there.

e: that thread is absolute gold.

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=class: post-content, width: 83%, bgcolor: #F9F9F9]No star. him get it right. If Junior did hold out fi a Hengland call up me would a understand. But Canada? Talk bout one f**krey side right there. Toillet player guh run to toillet country n side.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

There's a sign idea somewhere in there...

Edited by theaub

Those Jamaica callups if true are a pretty big boost for their program tbh. Lets hope this rumor of Junior suiting up for Canada is true, would be an awesome boost for us right before WCQ begins. Hopefully he signs a new deal with someone soon and can commit to us and give his all, would be ideal.

I found the next post funny:

As for Hoilett, I have long said that people who know his father have said that the old man is wary of his son playing for JA, if only because of the corrupt and inept JFF. But we will see.

I think that sounds familiar, just with a different soccer association. Jamaica looks mighty impressive though if they can get those guys out there.

e: that thread is absolute gold.

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=class: post-content, width: 83%, bgcolor: #F9F9F9]No star. him get it right. If Junior did hold out fi a Hengland call up me would a understand. But Canada? Talk bout one f**krey side right there. Toillet player guh run to toillet country n side.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

There's a sign idea somewhere in there...

Jamaican supporters seem to think Canada is about on par with Tahiti in world soccer and Jamaica is a regional power constantly on the cusp of greatness. Trying to talk to their supporters is like talking to a wall.

Hopefully this is all true, but what exactly makes everybody think Hoilett will now commit to Canada? What source is everyone basing this off? :/ Oh, who am I kidding, I don't care. Just the talk of Hoilett committing to Canada makes me all giddy. :D