Valour FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

On 12/25/2023 at 12:11 PM, fil said:

8agdwb.jpg

I'm surprised, this is the best reacted meme I have ever had.

Perhaps the scrooge owners had spirits visit them this Christmas and they will take a new approach to the team next year after seeing what lies ahead...

8aogkr.jpg

Maybe, just maybe things get better next year. Surely, they realize the error of their ways and decide a different path to a better future...

8aognf.jpg

On 12/25/2023 at 7:16 AM, jonovision said:

I didn't agree with Baquero getting benched late in the season, but I do think his performances started to fall off last season. I don't think he finds a starting gig in CPL.

be a good depth option in Vancouver fc or pacific

On 1/9/2024 at 3:47 PM, K Edgar said:

Niyongabire started on the bench today for Burundi in a 0-4 defeat to Algeria.  Not sure if he made it to the field.  Also not clear if this entry should be in the "Former CanPL Players" section.

Yup, should have been in the former CanPL Players section

Gone to Tampa...

42 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

Can't say I'm very encouraged about this signing. 15 goals in the Australian 2nd tier seems a lot closer to Jaime Siaj's 17 goals in Kuwait than to anything that would signal likely production at the CPL level. That said, given who he's replacing, he can hardly be any sort of step down.

50 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

He's scored at a good clip in the 2nd division but has struggled to score in the A league and only had 1 goal in 5 appearances during a brief stint in the Israeli 2nd division.

Overall, while I wish the level was higher (we then wouldn't have any hope of signing him if it was) let's see if he can score at the CPL level.

Bonus points if he isnt slow an unathletic the way Siaj and Novak were. No "target man" B.S which is just code for a slow, unathletic player. We need some speed up front.

Edited by Soccerpro2

32 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

He's scored at a good clip in the 2nd division but has struggled to score in the A league and only had 1 goal in 5 appearances during a brief stint in the Israeli 2nd division.

Overall, while I wish the level was higher (we then wouldn't have any hope of signing him if it was) let's see if he can score at the CPL level.

Bonus points if he isnt slow an unathletic the way Siaj and Novak were. No "target man" B.S which is just code for a slow, unathletic player. We need some speed up front.

One touch goals appears to be his thing

11 hours ago, Soccerpro2 said:

He's scored at a good clip in the 2nd division but has struggled to score in the A league and only had 1 goal in 5 appearances during a brief stint in the Israeli 2nd division...

Australia's "second division" has nine different state or territory leagues. Sydney's top semi-pro division would be a better description. What does a signing like this add to the league relative to signing a domestic Canadian player? It gets to the point where they sometimes seem to be signing imports for the optics of having import players on the team and not necessarily because it is boosting the overall level of the soccer to any huge extent.

8 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Australia's "second division" has nine different state or territory leagues. Sydney's top semi-pro division would be a better description. What does a signing like this add to the league relative to signing a domestic Canadian player? It gets to the point where they sometimes seem to be signing imports for the optics of having import players on the team and not necessarily because it is boosting the overall level of the soccer to any huge extent.

Wait, you're questioning the optics of signing a player from a regional bus league? That's a bit rich considering it's exactly what you want CPL to be

Edited by Aird25