Valour FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

1 hour ago, K Edgar said:

First the CanPL borrows the page playoff system from curling

Next it will be the new Valour FC jersey...

(seriously the Princess Auto logo would look good on a Valour jersey) 

Carruthers-2018.jpg

This shirt reminds me that Princess Auto and Trans Canada Brewing are corporate cousins (or parents/kids or uncles/nephews or some such relation). One wonders if the latter's offerings will get a bit more distribution within the stadium (it is already available in a few spots) with the new deal.

6 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Valour won't have the most talent in their central defense pairing, but they will have the most letters.

Mourdoukoutas - Chantzopoulos - Facchineri as a back 3 will trip up the commentators if no one else!

CB, spent a season in Sacramento...

Charalampos Chantzopoulos
Personal information
Full name Charalampos Prokopios Chantzopoulos
Date of birth 8 July 1994 (age 29)
Place of birth Bielefeld, Germany[1]
Height 1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)
Position(s) Centre-back
Team information
Current team
KPV
Number 21
Youth career
  VfL Theesen
–2013 VfR Wellensiek
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2013–2014 VfR Wellensiek 32 (5)
2014–2016 Arminia Bielefeld II 37 (1)
2016–2017 FC Gütersloh 17 (0)
2017 FF Jaro 23 (1)
2018 Rot-Weiß Erfurt 5 (0)
2018 KPV 15 (4)
2019 Sacramento Republic 28 (1)
2020– KPV 99 (13)

9 hours ago, jonovision said:

Valour won't have the most talent in their central defense pairing, but they will have the most letters.

He better have a nick name that's workable because if he becomes a regular and we need to come up with a chant/song for this guy my head is going to explode. 

Not relevant to anything currently being discussed, but I've long felt that "The Jambusters" would have been a great name for a Winnipeg supporters group. I think that word is fairly specific to Winnipeg.

On 1/25/2024 at 10:38 AM, Ftduck said:

Immediately thought the same. Had no idea Princess Auto was originally from Winnipeg. Love getting lost in that store. 

Very good corporate citizens.  I don't work there, and someone who does may have a differnet opinion, but they're not shy about giving back to the community.

And if you spy a McLaren supercar buzzing down #1 towards the Whiteshell and find yourself wondering "WTF?".  Give you 50-50 odds on the who's the owner 🙂

On 1/26/2024 at 1:39 PM, jdheid said:

Not relevant to anything currently being discussed, but I've long felt that "The Jambusters" would have been a great name for a Winnipeg supporters group. I think that word is fairly specific to Winnipeg.

Really?  

Jelly donut just sounds... weird.

On 1/20/2024 at 12:07 PM, Soccerpro2 said:

Some other CPL clubs in recent days have made signings that make me extremely envious as a Valour supporter.

Starting to feel this way myself more and more every day :(