CONCACAF U20 qualifying (for the cycle ending in 2025) + preparation & news

Thank you CSB for creating the CPL league, which helped bring in Media pro/onesoccer who in turn makes these games available for us fans to watch.  Oh yeah just noticed Onesoccer had 3 vids on the womens side of things (GC, Fleming and Preistman) in the last week.  So much negative shit being thrown around we need to be thankful of the stuff we are getting.   

Any predictions?? Who is going to breakthrough for us this tourney?  Does anyone have info on Dominca u-20 kids??  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Does anyone have info on Dominca u-20 kids??  

Their squad is here:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/RwdWu4oaMdZEdPLi/

They've trained many days together and have played friendlies against local club sides.

I expect their team to have no exceptional players but to be cohesive and tough to break down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dominica look better than us in the first 20 minutes given our team has had no prior camps or prep.

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Any predictions?? Who is going to breakthrough for us this tourney?  

I'm looking forward to seeing Kimani Stewart-Baynes.  He might be someone special.  I've also heard a lot about Matteo Schiavoni but never seen him play so he might be good.  We'll also see if the Northern Futbol hype machine was accurate about Jesse Costa.  They've been hyping him up for years but they also said he had a good outing last time when he only played a half.  We'll see if he gets more time.

21 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am just happy that we can soon watch actual soccer instead of wallowing in the  spectacular collapse of our soccer landscape.   

Fingers and toes crossed that we don't have to also watch the spectacular collapse of the Women, Men and U20 all in the space of a month!

2 hours ago, El Hombre said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Kimani Stewart-Baynes.  He might be someone special.  I've also heard a lot about Matteo Schiavoni but never seen him play so he might be good.  We'll also see if the Northern Futbol hype machine was accurate about Jesse Costa.  They've been hyping him up for years but they also said he had a good outing last time when he only played a half.  We'll see if he gets more time.

That half.... was quite bad lol.  But in all seriousness, he should be one of the better players this time around.  

If were being honest, we should be expecting our boys (all in professional clubs) to easily handle these teams... but we're Canada and Olivieri is the coach so we'll probably do it the hard way lol.