CONCACAF Nations League 2023/2024 - Group Stage & ¼finals - General Thread

Looking at League B, Guadeloupe and St Lucia are tied on points, with Guadeloupe ahead on goal difference.  I'll be cheering for St Lucia to win this, because I enjoy smaller teams rising up and also because I'm 90% sure Canada would draw Guadeloupe for the next edition and get no FIFA points for it.

13 minutes ago, Shway said:

So if we want T&T, this result right now works for us right? T&T would have to draw or lose to Curaçao. 

Would T&T end up 1st with 12 points with a win and then Jam would be 2nd with 10 points. We would end up with Jamaica (i believe)

It would appear that we will play...

Jamaica: T&T win OR T&T draw or lose AND Panama win by 2 goals or more (or by 1 goal and scores 4-5 goals something something)

T&T: T&T draw or lose AND Panama draw or lose

Panama: T&T draw or lose AND Panama win by 1 goal (and doesn't score 5 goals something something)

Martinique (!):  Panama lose or draw AND T&T lose AND Martinique wins and overcomes -4 goal difference with T&T

I think.

Edited by Redpunkfiddle

On 5/16/2023 at 10:18 PM, footballfreak said:

Prediction: Canada v Jamaica QF

On 5/16/2023 at 10:44 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

That is a very reasonable analysis.

Just to be a contrarian I will guess that we face Honduras because we always face Honduras. They win the group.

For the slightest moment there, when Haiti had the lead, my prediction would have been correct but @footballfreak yours is more likely now.

3 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

In this very confusing system does anyoneknow how the last chance pairings are detemined?

I think its a fixed bracket. Check Wikipedia. It's pretty effective at understanding competition structure 

I'm pretty sure we connect with the US game. 

Edited by SpursFlu

I didn't think anything had been announced as to how the March 2024 "last chance" Copa America qualifying worked.

As for the March 2024 CONCACAF Nations League Semi-Finals & Finals, should we qualify for that, the rules document makes the pairing system very clear.

Perhaps CONCACAF will use the same system to be able to rank from the "best" loser (5th) down to the "worst" loser (8th), so that those two teams play each other in March.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

4 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

In this very confusing system does anyoneknow how the last chance pairings are detemined?

You think this is very confusing, are you paying attention to Europe these days?

https://talksport.com/football/1603374/republic-of-ireland-need-to-lose-netherlands-euro-2024/

Sorry it's off topic, but that format is insane.