Class of 2008

MM3/MM2/MM

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jack1997 said:

Will Chukwu play in this tournament? If so you would think that he’d be pretty dominant, was one of our best players at the u17s.

They'll bring him and play him LCB and not in Midfield where he's actually very good 🤐😆

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

If you're looking to feel real old and you have MLS Season Pass, you can catch CF Montreal's U15 team take on New York Red Bulls for the U15 Championship today at 11:30am.

I haven’t seen a CF Montreal academy game since Ballour Tabla played an age group up and absolutely torched every team.

On 6/24/2023 at 9:21 AM, El Hombre said:

If you're looking to feel real old and you have MLS Season Pass, you can catch CF Montreal's U15 team take on New York Red Bulls for the U15 Championship today at 11:30am.

Montréal lost 2-1

https://www.mlssoccer.com/mlsnext/video/cf-montreal-vs-new-york-red-bulls-mls-next-cup-u15s-final#cf-montreal-vs-new-york-red-bulls-mls-next-cup-u15s-final

• 2 weeks later...

Roster has been selected and players called.  In my opinion this should be a very exciting age group over the next 2 years because there's already a large number of players we know of that are playing in European clubs, and there's also about 5-6 boys we know of in American based MLS clubs that are eligible for Canada.  However... from what I hear, the roster will not resemble this and will look like more of the same we are used to...

Breakdown is as follows (based on what I hear)

TFC: 7 Players

CFM: 5 Players

VWFC: 2 Players

USA Based: 1 Player

Europe Based: 3 Players

6 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Roster has been selected and players called.  In my opinion this should be a very exciting age group over the next 2 years because there's already a large number of players we know of that are playing in European clubs, and there's also about 5-6 boys we know of in American based MLS clubs that are eligible for Canada.  However... from what I hear, the roster will not resemble this and will look like more of the same we are used to...

Sorry - is this the CONCACAF U15 roster? 

On 7/8/2023 at 1:56 AM, Footyeh said:

Tired of seeing these kinds of breakdowns.

19 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Owen Graham Roache, Montreal's top scorer and the one who scored in all of Montreal's matches on route to the MLS Next Final is not on the roster.

What are your thoughts on the rest of the roster (what you can say) @Footyeh?  Is it a mistake with only 3 Euro based players and one US dual?  I ask because this was the prevailing thought when the U17WCQ roster was announced yet the homegrown academy kids proved to be better than the Euros and US duals. 

my guess at the roster

GK Dominic Kantorowicz Toronto FC

GK Jean Christopher Balzile CF Montreal

CB Josh Nteziryayo CF Montreal

CB Sergei Kozlovskiy CF Montreal

CB Sukhman Gill Vancouver Whitecaps

CB/FB/CM Richard Chukwu Toronto FC

FB Kai Williams Sparta Prague

FB Ajahni Carter Toronto FC

CDM/CM Dylan Judelson Orlando City SC

CM Armand Kadiamba CF Montreal

CM Kevin Khan Feyenoord Rotterdam

CM Grady McDonnell Vancouver Whitecaps

CM Timothy Fortier Toronto FC

CM Thomas Monnin CF Montreal

FW Shola Jimoh Toronto FC

FW Kemari Record-Wright Toronto FC

FW Diago Delgado Sporting CP

FW Filip Biskupski Toronto FC

10 hours ago, Ivan said:

What are your thoughts on the rest of the roster (what you can say) @Footyeh?  Is it a mistake with only 3 Euro based players and one US dual?  I ask because this was the prevailing thought when the U17WCQ roster was announced yet the homegrown academy kids proved to be better than the Euros and US duals. 

The roster is good to be honest.  There's some good players in this age group that are showing well in the MLS Next.  Probably the most talented domestic players since the 02/03 U17 team that went to the 2019 World Cup.  

I think the difference between the players who are in Europe for this age group compared to the current U17's (or even last U20 cycle), is that they are all in good/top development clubs, are becoming key players in their age groups in those teams and were considered top players in their local clubs before moving abroad (at least by those who know them).  

I also believe that most weren't selected simply because the CSA hasn't seen them yet given their age, especially the 2009's which I think is ok.  As long as they bring them into the fold sooner rather than later to prepare for the U17 qualifying campaign in 2 years time.  There's one in Levante, one at Utrecht, one training with Vancouver FC 1st team (CPL) who will also sign for a good Dutch team.

55 minutes ago, JamesF said:

my guess at the roster

CM Kevin Khan Feyenoord Rotterdam

CM Grady McDonnell Vancouver Whitecaps

CM Timothy Fortier Toronto FC

CM Thomas Monnin CF Montreal

FW Shola Jimoh Toronto FC

FW Kemari Record-Wright Toronto FC

FW Diago Delgado Sporting CP

FW Filip Biskupski Toronto FC

12/18 haha. 1/3 on the Europe based players.  

1 hour ago, JamesF said:

my guess at the roster