Class of 2008

MM3/MM2/MM

The pitch is absolutely waterlogged.  Nothing like playing on some drenched and puddled Caribbean field to open your eyes to the glory of CMNT play.  

I get that we want to play it out the back and I am all for it most of the time.  But there are instances where we are doing it when it is clearly the inferior option.  Especially when there are literal puddles on the field, we shouldn’t be messing around when their attackers are in our own box and are 10 feet from the defenders being passed to.  Led to multiple panicky kicks that went straight out of play.  It is one thing to generally use that style to start plays, but it is another if you are incapable of adjusting to conditions and changing things up when it is clearly appropriate.   

Overall looking pretty comfortable. Nothing really from Guatemala aside from some dangerous free kick positions - and we could have had a couple now with better finishing and better pitch conditions.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

The pitch is absolutely waterlogged.  Nothing like playing on some drenched and puddled Caribbean field to open your eyes to the glory of CMNT play.  

I get that we want to play it out the back and I am all for it most of the time.  But there are instances where we are doing it when it is clearly the inferior option.  Especially when there are literal puddles on the field, we shouldn’t be messing around when their attackers are in our own box and are 10 feet from the defenders being passed to.  Led to multiple panicky kicks that went straight out of play.  It is one thing to generally use that style to start plays, but it is another if you are incapable of adjusting to conditions and changing things up when it is clearly appropriate.   

Overall looking pretty comfortable. Nothing really from Guatemala aside from some dangerous free kick positions - and we could have had a couple now with better finishing and better pitch conditions.  

Neither of our CBs are super comfortable with the ball at their feet.  That makes it difficult to play it out of the back.

However, I do prefer this to the Olivieri kick-and-hope style that we've seen recently with our other youth teams.

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

Neither of our CBs are super comfortable with the ball at their feet.  That makes it difficult to play it out of the back.

However, I do prefer this to the Olivieri kick-and-hope style that we've seen recently with our other youth teams.

Trouble is the field is water logged and the ball is not moving normally