Class of 2008

MM3/MM2/MM

31 minutes ago, AnonymousInsider said:

Thing with Kozlovskiy is he’s never played midfield before, so you don’t know if he’ll be comfortable not seeing the whole field when he has the ball. He may, or may not, and he’s still young enough where he can develop that, but from what I’ve seen of him he’s really a pure CB, even if he’s 5’11 which I would say is pretty accurate (maybe 5’10), but I’ve only seen him once on the field a little while ago. I think him as a full-back is interesting because I don’t think he’s that slow, but I don’t know how good he’d be going forward. It’s not like he showed at Concacaf U-15 a need to get forward with the ball. He’s also a great tackler so even if he’s on the shorter side I’d still say he can play CB at the next level.

Super good to know. With positioning, I’m kinda going off the assumption that at 15 you can be molded into whatever position you need to be- Kone was a striker until 16 or 17 I think, Johnston only became a CB/FB after he transferred to Wake Forest, etc. Though if he is 5’11 or close to that at 15, you have to think that by 19 or so he gains an inch or two and get to around 6 foot or so? Not a giant but definitely big enough to be a professional CB if the skill set is there. 

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

That’s good to know, solid baseline to at least have a nice career with CF Montreal. Piette is 5’7 I think, and Transfermarkt has Kozlovskiy at 180 cm which is like 5’11. Would you say that’s accurate? If he reminds you this much of Piette I assume his height is way over what it actually is, but a taller Piette could be an interesting player. 

He's probably 5ft10 at best, saw him recently at the MLS Next Fest.  Maybe he could be a #6 if they start to try and give him looks there now but I just don't see him having the qualities to do the job well.  Piette was a 6 from youth so it was natural for him, his height was irrelevant. 

It's the same issue for Gael De Motigney, the 2006 LB in camp.  He's maybe 5ft6 which doesn't matter as a fullback but he's also already muscularly matured than most and he's not particularly pacy.  

Sebastian Joseph the 2007 ST is also one I'd say is physically more developed than most his age.  Certainly has it's advantage now but others will catch up.  

4 hours ago, Footyeh said:

He reminds me exactly of what Piette was around this age and I played against Piette so I have a good idea haha.  Very stocky.  Usually with young players, you get an idea of if or how much they will grow based on how filled out their legs are.

Happy 30th this year…. 😂

5 hours ago, Footyeh said:

He reminds me exactly of what Piette was around this age and I played against Piette so I have a good idea haha.  Very stocky.  Usually with young players, you get an idea of if or how much they will grow based on how filled out their legs are.

The old hockey scout trick is to gauge how big their feet are. Bigger feet = they'll get taller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was just thinking about this… would Greg Vanney’s kids (Dylan and Mason) be eligible for CanMNT? Greg was in Toronto for six years, which would make them eligible the same way Ugbo is eligible for us. Both are within LA Galaxy’s academy and Dylan has attended USYNT ID camps in the past 

Edited by Atlantic

2 hours ago, Atlantic said:

Was just thinking about this… would Greg Vanney’s kids (Dylan and Mason) be eligible for CanMNT? Greg was in Toronto for six years, which would make them eligible the same way Ugbo is eligible for us. Both are within LA Galaxy’s academy and Dylan has attended USYNT ID camps in the past 

Likely, they born here ?

I know at a time it was said that Bradley’s kids felt very much Canadian and he was going to stay in Toronto and he kids were likely to play for Canada.

22 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Likely, they born here ?

I know at a time it was said that Bradley’s kids felt very much Canadian and he was going to stay in Toronto and he kids were likely to play for Canada.

They wouldn't have been born here, but the Vanney twins would be eligible by FIFA standards, I believe; it is just a matter of whether they have Canadian PR (and are interested). They moved to Canada when they were under 10 which means they only needed to live here for three consecutive years (they lived six). 

In other news, 2008-born player William Daniels made his U18 debut today for Leicester City, he had the start before being subbed off at the 52nd mark. https://www.premierleague.com/match/107873/u18-premier-league/2023-24/leicester-u18-v-reading

4 hours ago, Atlantic said:

They wouldn't have been born here, but the Vanney twins would be eligible by FIFA standards, I believe; it is just a matter of whether they have Canadian PR (and are interested). They moved to Canada when they were under 10 which means they only needed to live here for three consecutive years (they lived six). 

In other news, 2008-born player William Daniels made his U18 debut today for Leicester City, he had the start before being subbed off at the 52nd mark. https://www.premierleague.com/match/107873/u18-premier-league/2023-24/leicester-u18-v-reading

Very likely they got the PR status.

Saw on his instagram Lukas Dikic played for NK Rijeka in a tournament in Italy this past weekend. Scored the only goal in a 1-0 win vs Torino in the final. Did some research and found an article which calls him “colossal” and says he fought “like a lion”. For anyone interested in reading here is the link: https://www.11giovani.it/index.php/tornei/50-trofeo-lascaris-la-finalissima-sara-torino-rijeka-nel-girone-argento-successi-di-tau-altopascio-e-pro-vercelli

Article is in Italian, had to translate it.

Wasn’t this kid at TFC last year, anyone know how he ended up here? I can’t find anything saying he’s registered with NK Rijeka. Someone I was vocal about being left off the Canada U-15 team last summer but haven’t heard anything about him at TFC since. Would also presume he has a Croatian passport based on this and his instagram bio.