Rida Zouhir

PopePouri

I've never really looked at Oluwaseyi before- I didn't realize he had insane numbers- 9G 5A in 10 matches for a team tied for first in their division. Is he someone to keep an eye on? No clue how to evaluate USL as it translates to MLS or other leagues, so no clue how to take those numbers, but he's only 23- around the age our NCAA-based players start becoming interesting players for us.

As for Zouhir, we could really use his profile on the national team. I know he's nowhere near that level yet, but it seems every goal and assist he's scored with San Antonio has been highlight reel, so if his game translates to MLS, he might be really good. Having a midfielder that can score from so far out should make it easier for Eustaquio to get his offence going too- that's two midfielders who are potential threats from way out, and the third midfielder is Kone who you can't just let roam around either.

36 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I've never really looked at Oluwaseyi before- I didn't realize he had insane numbers- 9G 5A in 10 matches for a team tied for first in their division. Is he someone to keep an eye on? No clue how to evaluate USL as it translates to MLS or other leagues, so no clue how to take those numbers, but he's only 23- around the age our NCAA-based players start becoming interesting players for us.

As for Zouhir, we could really use his profile on the national team. I know he's nowhere near that level yet, but it seems every goal and assist he's scored with San Antonio has been highlight reel, so if his game translates to MLS, he might be really good. Having a midfielder that can score from so far out should make it easier for Eustaquio to get his offence going too- that's two midfielders who are potential threats from way out, and the third midfielder is Kone who you can't just let roam around either.

For Oluwaseyi Minnesota Coach Heath likes him a lot but has said a number of issues including injuries haven't let him show what he can do. I imagine he's very excited about what Tani's been doing so far.

Zouhir has found a nice place to play and grow too.

Both seem to be fully grasping this opportunity and are getting better every game.

39 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Posted on Instagram a picture of him at Montréal airport. I wi Der if he got recalled. San Antonio has a friendly on Saturday while Montréal plays at home to Charlotte.

Montréal have only scored 1 goal in their past 5, so may be looking for a bit of a spark offensively.

Would think he’s recalled, doesn’t make sense that he’s back in town unless he was given the friendly off but why ?

Don’t know if I like him getting called back up so early- he‘s doing so well, and with Piette back, Saliba being more or less a regular starter and I don’t know what’s up with Rea, but if he’s still around, that’s a pretty packed midfield for a guy who couldn’t crack the roster 2 months ago. Not that I can complain that much about a player forcing himself back into the lineup so quickly, would be cool if he can keep it going in MLS.

San Antonio is playing Sunderland this weekend- based on the fanfare around Louisville v Kaiserslautern a month ago, I would imagine SA take that friendly seriously, so I’d be surprised if they let one of their best players take the weekend off.  

47 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Don’t know if I like him getting called back up so early- he‘s doing so well, and with Piette back, Saliba being more or less a regular starter and I don’t know what’s up with Rea, but if he’s still around, that’s a pretty packed midfield for a guy who couldn’t crack the roster 2 months ago. Not that I can complain that much about a player forcing himself back into the lineup so quickly, would be cool if he can keep it going in MLS.

San Antonio is playing Sunderland this weekend- based on the fanfare around Louisville v Kaiserslautern a month ago, I would imagine SA take that friendly seriously, so I’d be surprised if they let one of their best players take the weekend off.  

Also unfortunate cause he could've got some attention from the scouts or coaching team.  Perfect occasion for shop window marketing.

25 minutes ago, costarg said:

Also unfortunate cause he could've got some attention from the scouts or coaching team.  Perfect occasion for shop window marketing.

That too. Louisville made a massive thing about their friendly. Stuff like this is really cool for USL- I think they’re finally developing into a solid feeder league with close ties to Europe. If they do move forward with pro-rel too, I think we’re going to really start seeing that league grow quickly. Not sure how much a Sunderland friendly matters for scouts looking at Zouhir- scouts already follow Montreal, but just in general, these friendlies are meant to be big events so hopefully if he isn’t playing, it’s because he got called up instead of taking the weekend off.  

• 5 weeks later...

Zouhir is also a Moroccan dual national, and obviously Morocco isn’t calling in a USL player, but being one of the best players in the entire league at 19 is certainly enough for any national team to keep their eye on him, so I hope they figure out a way to get him in the national team mix before long. 

Seems like every single goal he’s scored this year has been more impressive than the last. No tap ins, just bangers 

42 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Zouhir is also a Moroccan dual national, and obviously Morocco isn’t calling in a USL player, but being one of the best players in the entire league at 19 is certainly enough for any national team to keep their eye on him, so I hope they figure out a way to get him in the national team mix before long. 

Seems like every single goal he’s scored this year has been more impressive than the last. No tap ins, just bangers 

Zouhir actually played for the Moroccan youth team  but subsequently accepted the Canada U20 call for the U20 WCQ.  Tough call as Saliba is getting mins with Montreal. If only we had more friendlies.

4 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Zouhir actually played for the Moroccan youth team  but subsequently accepted the Canada U20 call for the U20 WCQ.  Tough call as Saliba is getting mins with Montreal. If only we had more friendlies.

I guess I’m always skeptical when it’s those Montreal players with North African roots, you never know if they’ll decide to go play for those countries or us. 

Curious what Montreal does with the midfield next year. Hopefully and I assume probably Wanyama will be gone- not sure if Duke has proven enough to get his big move yet, but that would also help. Choiniere and Piette are pretty much locks, and then you have to figure out how to play Saliba, who is good and liked by the coaching staff, and obviously Zouhir needs a chance, and it’s not like Rea is terrible either. I think at least one of those three guys is going to have to get loaned out or traded. My sense is Rea to another MLS team. 

21 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

At this point he isn’t likely to play for CFM again. He is dominating a league that does move players to Europe and is scouted, would think someone steps up for him like they have for others. 

I think he still needs a season in Montreal, but also I don’t think Montreal will sell him now when they know they could wait a year or two and get a lot more