General MLS Talk 2021

Big_M

Think we could see something like last year: the 3 Canadian MLS teams start with a series against each other before going on the road to the US for a bit, with everyone hoping the vaccination roll out gets the border situation resolved and teams are able to cross later this year.

45 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Not sure TFC should allow a club legend to go there, and tbh they could use him at the right price.

TFC has no say in the matter because they received a transfer fee. He would have to go through the allocation process to return to MLS.  Galaxy are currently # 8 on the list, so would have to trade up or hope that the clubs ahead of them pass.  I personally wouldn't take him, his career in Saudi Arabia hasn't been a resounding success.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

Not looking good

The two-year extension would last beyond the 2026 World Cup which is being co-hosted by the United States, Canada and Mexico -- a tournament which it is hoped will accelerate investment in the game in North America. For that reason, MLS is hoping to reduce its expenses while the MLSPA wants to be in a position to maximize its share of the spoils.

Sources tell ESPN the MLSPA pushed back on the league's offer last Friday. In its counteroffer, the MLSPA is offering to modify the size of the salary cap in future years without any mention of extending the CBA.

5 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Jason Bent is one of three (now former) TFC assistant coaches who are following Vanney to LA Galaxy

Bad MLS research.  Bent was with TFC academy, they skipped a lot!!  How about a couple years head coach in USL and I'm sure he was an assistant under Nelsen before that.  For once Vanney being Vanney works out for a CDN.  Bent is only 43, very young, but i sure hope being in LA will help him keep moving up the ladder.  

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2021/02/02/greg-vanney-brings-toronto-fc-assistants-la-galaxy-adds-kevin-hartman-staff 

Edited by Bison44