TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Wooo, play the kids!!  I guess Armas will be so short of players during gold cup he can afford to send Okello down to TFC2.  Hopefully we see wholsesale call ups of the kids in July.  

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-loan-noble-okello-to-toronto-fc-ii

I know this isn't what you're getting at, but I've got one foot off the Okello hype train based on that game against Tormenta.  Kid has a ton of skill and a ton of potential, but based on watching that game he looked like a passenger when he should be dominating this level.

I think it was a week ago that I was defending Okello and I'm definitely not defending Armas here, but Okello has to take this opportunity with TFC II to show that this is way below his level.

What could've been if he had actually made that Wolfsburg move 3 or 4 years ago....

3 hours ago, El Hombre said:

I know this isn't what you're getting at, but I've got one foot off the Okello hype train based on that game against Tormenta.  Kid has a ton of skill and a ton of potential, but based on watching that game he looked like a passenger when he should be dominating this level.

I think it was a week ago that I was defending Okello and I'm definitely not defending Armas here, but Okello has to take this opportunity with TFC II to show that this is way below his level.

What could've been if he had actually made that Wolfsburg move 3 or 4 years ago....

I'm hoping that since they can send them down and recall at will, they are just trying to get him into game shape and sharpen him for some sub appearances in the next month.  I think he still has a bunch of potential even with a blah game against USL-1 competition, no offense. 

At least take this chance to see at 21 (in a few days) with a depleted gold cup roster, years after the buzz began, see if he has put it together and can handle this level.  If he cant hack it, move him on, release him, loan him etc etc, make room for Priso, and the next gen of 15-16 year old homegrowns coming down the pipeline.  Dont string him along until hes 23, then we'll never know what he could have grown into if he got steady playing time as a teenager.  

8 hours ago, El Hombre said:

Yeah. That’s my take as well. Tonnes of potential but needs to ratchet up the intensity and anticipate the game better. 

15 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I'm hoping that since they can send them down and recall at will, they are just trying to get him into game shape and sharpen him for some sub appearances in the next month.  I think he still has a bunch of potential even with a blah game against USL-1 competition, no offense.

Yes, for sure.  Hope it was just one game.  It was just disappointing to see.

20 hours ago, El Hombre said:

I know this isn't what you're getting at, but I've got one foot off the Okello hype train based on that game against Tormenta.  Kid a ton of skill and a ton of potential, but based on watching that game he looked like a passenger when he should be dominating this level.

Thing is, one doesn't necessarily get better by dominating and playing with and vs lower competition.  Most youngsters get better by playing against and with better players.  Okello won't develop at TFC2, we know he has the tools, he needs to play with and vs the best to become the best.  TFC is not helping his development or themselves by doing this to him.  This is getting ridiculous, play them or let them go, but for shits sake stop hoarding and halting these guys careers!    

I don't see how any youngsters watching this train wreck will sign up for them at this point, i don't care how good TFC's sales pitch is.

14 minutes ago, costarg said:

Thing is, one doesn't necessarily get better by dominating and playing with and vs lower competition.  Most youngsters get better by playing against and with better players.  Okello won't develop at TFC2, we know he has the tools, he needs to play with and vs the best to become the best.  TFC is not helping his development or themselves by doing this to him.  This is getting ridiculous, play them or let them go, but for shits sake stop hoarding and halting these guys careers!    

I don't see how any youngsters watching this train wreck will sign up for them at this point, i don't care how good TFC's sales pitch is.

I think Okello needs to show TFC brass that this level is too low for him though first.  He may not develop but he still needs to blow the doors off if his stay at TFC II is for a couple more games.

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

I think Okello needs to show TFC brass that this level is too low for him though first.  He may not develop but he still needs to blow the doors off if his stay at TFC II is for a couple more games.

to be fair, Davies didnt exactly blow the doors off at Bayern II. I think its clear that Priso and Okello have the ability to play sub minutes in MLS and certainly with TFC given the current performances of some(all?) of their vets. At the very least they should be loaned out to a USL Championship side.  If intensity or being more physical is lacking with Okello...more playing time/confidence will solve that. He wont get what he needs playing with TFC 2

2 hours ago, El Hombre said:

Like Nelsen has, or Perruza, or Hamilton when he got sent down to USL-C.  Nelsen is clearly a step above USL-1 and it shows.  You would think Okello, Rutty etc would also really stick out.  

47 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Like Nelsen has, or Perruza, or Hamilton when he got sent down to USL-C.  Nelsen is clearly a step above USL-1 and it shows.  You would think Okello, Rutty etc would also really stick out.  

Rutty's has looked much better in the last couple of games. More willing to take risk now which was something he was lacking. Scoring, setting up goals. Also won a PK.

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

If intensity or being more physical is lacking with Okello...more playing time/confidence will solve that. He wont get what he needs playing with TFC 2

But this has been the case with Okello since day one. He was never a high energy, physical player. He looks to "relaxed" at times. I don't think this is going to change, this is just they way he plays. Sadly I think this is going to hurt him in the long run. Really hope I'm wrong about this.

41 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

This is almost funny....they bring in the 2 DP's for the "awful" CDN's, and it gets even worse.  

I realize the quoted post contains some level of sarcasm, but do you guys really think Priso was "that" bad?  I honestly though Laryea had his worst game defensively, and Osorio did absolutely nothing.  Shaffelburg was meh, and Akinola was maybe our best player. I honestly thought Priso was okay compared to the rest of the squad, which I know isn't saying much.  The back 4/5 was embarrassing.

Looks like I picked a good game to not be able to watch! Two yellows for Zavaleta in 3 min in a game that was 5-1 at the time, I hope his suspension doesn’t apply until after the Gold Cup so that we are forced to not play him even when we get back. Only watched   the lowlights on my phone, but from what I saw Central defence looks non existent (even with three of them out there) and what the hell has happened to Mavinga this season?