TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

Tim Ream?? He is old enough....fringe USMNT, long in the tooth, prob wants a tons of cash and will tank within a season....sound about right?  Prob will be a former red bull though.  TIM PARKER.  Curtis trades Okello, Nelsen and Rutty to Houston for Parker..former red bull, fringe USMNT...

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

No one is getting fired.  Its only been 10 games.  Armas should kiss Jozys ass, get him on the field with POZ and Soteldo and we'll all be surprised that the defense doesnt look so bad anymore.  All 3 DP's out is bad news for anyone, but having the team be of two minds, two systems is no good.  

*cough*

TFC now need to scour the earth and bring in a stud CB.  Ferreira is not it.  I could care less what passport he has so long as he can play.  They need new blood that will lead this team, because Bradley is not doing the job.  With so many young Canadian hopefuls around it would be good to have a leader like that to teach these kids how its done.

Ferreira is at best a third stringer until he can show that he can kick a ball in anger without exploding his ACL.

16 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

TFC now need to scour the earth and bring in a stud CB.  Ferreira is not it.  I could care less what passport he has so long as he can play.  They need new blood that will lead this team, because Bradley is not doing the job.  With so many young Canadian hopefuls around it would be good to have a leader like that to teach these kids how its done.

Ferreira is at best a third stringer until he can show that he can kick a ball in anger without exploding his ACL.

True but he would be worth a look , it can’t hurt , but ya something tells me that maybe he is damaged goods unfortunately because none of at least the three Canadian MLS team have even given him a trial from what I know re: Ferreira .

Well, this is only step one. Curtis and a decent chunk of players still need to go.

Sadly when it comes down to roster, they're going to have to probably wait till next season season. Some big contracts run out at the end of this season so that is when you can make some serious signings. Especially on the CB positions.

HAHA, when i tell them to fire a coach  they dont, when i say they wont, they do fire one.  I guess thats why i only mange teams on FIFA 12.  I guess this should make it easier to get Jozy back playing.  What a shit show....hopefully the players buy into the next coach...whats Dasovic doing?? He was pretty good when he took over for Preki.  

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Armas is officially gone

This is what i am seeing on twitter.  I am surprised it was this fast.  There were a couple of key signs that i saw this year that would suggest that the firing was the right move: 

1). Some of the players who were standouts last year (Eg.: Laryea) were playing no where near the same level.   It seemed to me that Armas had him playing further up the field instead of at Halfback where he excelled and was better able to use his pace and exploit space on the pitch to create goals and scoring chnaces.  Laryea was also defensively very good last year.  Same applies with Mavinga,  he is not playing to the same level.

2).  I really did not understand why Westberg had to lose his starting role to Bono.  Westberg was a bit better than Bono, and thats why he won the job over Bono.  So why did Armas have to feel that he had to go back to Bono. 

3). The team was boring to watch.   No more nice probing buildups whereby the mid-field could control the game and the back line was key to supporting the control of the midfield through good link-up play.  With Vanney, I always like his coaching because of the way the team played.  Even when they lost, they were still the clearly the most interseting of the canadian teams to watch.  And one of the most interesting teams in MLS.  Now, with Armas, i still dont knwo what their identity is anymore. 

Edited by Free kick

TFC has the highest payroll in the league and went from 2nd to last.  After the worst loss in club history 7-1, to a middling club the situation was untenable.

Nobody should be surprised and I think the team will clean house a bit.  Yesterday’s game was a major tipping point for the team.

7 minutes ago, Free kick said:

2).  I really did not understand why Westberg had to lose his starting role to Bono.  Westberg was a bit better that Bono, and thats why he won the job over Bono.  So why did Armas have to feel that he had to go back to Bono. 

Westberg had Covid and missed pre-season and was slow to recover.  That’s the big reason for the change I believe.

So..  (per Molinaro's twitter from the press conference)

• Perez in charge Wednesday
  • Interim coach in place until they have a long term decision as it plays out (#NoRush - lets hope the interim does a good job and we can hire on the cheap)
  • Will hopefully speak to Altidore 
  • Everyone accepts responsibility (but obviously no one will be held accountable other than Armas)
  • Let brush everything under the carpet and hope fans forget with an exciting announcement about returning to Toronto this week and playing at home on the 17th just to backtrack and say thats the hope, just need the Government and Health Authority to approve it. 

Honestly if Altidore comes back in at the expense of Akinola there should be complete outrage. Manning and Curtis are so far out of touch with what fans want. 

Edited by toontownman

23 hours ago, AvroArrow said:

Bringing Altidore back won't solve any problems because he will be out injured in a couple of weeks.

Couple of weeks? I give him a couple of minutes.

23 hours ago, toontownman said:

Honestly if Altidore comes back in at the expense of Akinola there should be complete outrage. Manning and Curtis are so far out of touch with what fans want. 

Why are they going to bench their DP star for Akinola?

I prefer to see Ayo start over Jozy whether he's a DP or not, but since Ayo will be gone for the Gold Cup, tough to see TFC winning many games with Mullins & Dwyer as the striker options (unless all the goals come from the midfield DPs). We do need to start seeing some of the foreign players contribute some goals in league play, the vast majority seem to have come from Canadian (3 from Ayo, 3 from Oso, singles from Singh, Shaffelburg & Okello and Laryea - I can only think of a Delgado PK & an Altidore header for non-Canuck goals).

They at least need to get JOZY in the lineup and then maybe they can move him on, if the problems there are not fixable.  Sadly the choice of striker is Mullins vs Dwyer since Armas didnt like Peruzza's attitude either I guess.  Its funny how on the whitecaps page they are calling for the FO to be canned over the Adnan screw up, yet TFC have a DP seemingly going to sit the season out because of a dust up with the coach.  SHouldnt Curtis and Manning get involved and fix this?? Even if its only a band aid  (pun intended) solution until Ayo gets back?