TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

It's Karma, this team won't win until they play the young Canadians they claim to believe in soo much.  Delgado, Bradley, Mullins & Gonzo need to sit down.

I don't know much about the inner workings, yet I feel the Altidore issue was Armas trying to steady the ship and set an example.  Looks like the toxicity has spread and is affecting the core.

Edited by costarg

So where is Jozy??  Still working out on his own??  How come the usual "homer" broadcasters havnt been talking about that??  Wheeler....WHeeler...I am looking in your direction?  Do we have any indication of him coming back, at least until they can move him out??  At least the CPL has fired up (hehehe Valour up 2-0 against Forge) and I still can watch the kids down at TFC2.  

Edited by Bison44

13 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Jozy is finished.  Injury prone and the pace is gone.  It's desperate to try and bring this guy back.  He should have been sold when they had the chance

Arent they still paying him??  With one leg and a concussion he is still better than Mullins.  A team in last place doesnt need the DP striker sitting because of a dust up with the manager.  Are they trying to get fired??  

44 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Arent they still paying him??  With one leg and a concussion he is still better than Mullins.  A team in last place doesnt need the DP striker sitting because of a dust up with the manager.  Are they trying to get fired??  

plz dont talk about mullinho  that way,he has got a engine like delgado

Well Altidore not being there is because he had some sort of dust up with Armas, so he cant use that as an excuse.  Theres still too much talent there to be the worst team in the league.  I dont think he'll get fired but he's got to stop the bleeding, ASAP.  Some of the leaders on the team need to light a fire under the underperformers if the coach isnt going to bench them.  

7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Well Altidore not being there is because he had some sort of dust up with Armas, so he cant use that as an excuse.  Theres still too much talent there to be the worst team in the league.  I dont think he'll get fired but he's got to stop the bleeding, ASAP.  Some of the leaders on the team need to light a fire under the underperformers if the coach isnt going to bench them.  

Problem is that their main leader is the top underperformer. Or perhaps “no longer performer” is a better term as Bradley just doesn’t have the legs to perform anymore other than the occasional decent long range pass or corner kick. The mls website did an article providing a statistical analysis of TFC’s issues but left out the biggest stat, which is TFC’s record since Bradley returned from injury last season. Everyone keeps going on about how TFC were 2nd in the Supporters Shield last year but the vast majority of those points were garnered before Bradley returned after a long injury lay-off, after he did, they were poor the last few games of the season and in the playoffs. Yet none of the media want to address this publicly (although the MLS article does mention the lack of speed in TFC’s central midfield) - or they somehow haven’t noticed it. You can’t win with a hole in the middle of the park that makes you lose the midfield battle every single game

I did think it funny that the one video clip they picked for that article illustrating TFC midfield problems was one of Delgados lazy give aways.  As far as Bradley goes, I truly believe if they made him come off at the 60min, it would be better for the team and you would see a better performance from him.  

17 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Everyone keeps going on about how TFC were 2nd in the Supporters Shield last year but the vast majority of those points were garnered before Bradley returned after a long injury lay-off, after he did, they were poor the last few games of the season and in the playoffs. Yet none of the media want to address this publicly (although the MLS article does mention the lack of speed in TFC’s central midfield) - or they somehow haven’t noticed it. You can’t win with a hole in the middle of the park that makes you lose the midfield battle every single game

Yup. Oso took the deeper role and looked better. TFC were different with him. Last year was such a overachievement imo.

On top of that, the team was carried hard by Poz and Laryea imo. When Poz distribution started to go down near the end of the season, tfc started to lose games. It just showed how over reliant they were with him.

Scrapping by with single goal wins every time was another key thing overlooked. That team did not dominate or take control of any games last year. Instead, they were the ones who got multiple embarrassing beatings.

11 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Wooo, play the kids!!  I guess Armas will be so short of players during gold cup he can afford to send Okello down to TFC2.  Hopefully we see wholsesale call ups of the kids in July.  

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-loan-noble-okello-to-toronto-fc-ii

Have to figure these comments are being made because he is on the hot seat. He may have gotten an ultimatum.

Cripes he loves Auro, loves Delgado.....now he can have Auro at RB, Morrow at LB, Deleon, Bradley in middle, Delgado on the wing, Mullins and Dwyer can start every game. His dream line up!!!  Only bad part is he might have to let Shaff play a bit, but I'm sure Endoh will come in before him.  I know I am super bitter and pro CDN, but I'd like to see Dunn/Romeo, Nelsen get a nice chunk of minutes over July.

8 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Cripes he loves Auro, loves Delgado.....now he can have Auro at RB, Morrow at LB, Deleon, Bradley in middle, Delgado on the wing, Mullins and Dwyer can start every game. His dream line up!!!  Only bad part is he might have to let Shaff play a bit, but I'm sure Endoh will come in before him.  I know I am super bitter and pro CDN, but I'd like to see Dunn/Romeo, Nelsen get a nice chunk of minutes over July.

They won't even recall Peruzza for these matches 

TFC really has to dump Bradley and Altidore and replace them with players who will contribute.  That’s the heart of their problem.

I’m curious if they would sign Junior Hoilett after they find a way to dump Altidore.  That would be an interesting move for them.

Bradley should retire and take a front office job with TFC I think.  He’s been a good soldier for a long time but his legs are not the same anymore.  I don’t want to badmouth him because of all the contributions over the years but the time has come.