TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

Auro at DM is straight up bullshit.  Him, Bradley, and Delgado all marking ghosts on the goal.  Left Richie with three players.

Gonzalez  was ball watching  on the goal, but yes TFC's Midfield was overrun by Orlando's. 

I don't know how the hell Shaffelburg missed the net on that late chance, especially since a few minutes earlier he had such an accurate shot from a miniscule angle that had to be cleared off the line.

Still, not sure that the game plan heading into this season was "lets have Altidore continue to do nothing and hope that Shaffelburg saves our asses every week". Soteldo was amazing in this game but not as amazing as how he managed to whip in about 15 good crosses into the box that TFC never once seemed to get their heads on to.

It looked like they were getting ready to put De Leon on before Osorio went down so I hope it was just a precautionary move to take him off since they didn't think he would last more than 60 minutes anyway, but the look on his face wasn't encouraging.

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

I don't know how the hell Shaffelburg missed the net on that late chance, especially since a few minutes earlier he had such an accurate shot from a miniscule angle that had to be cleared off the line.

You must not have caught Quioto's miss in the early game.  

This is getting frustrating again, how Delgado plays 90 ineffective minutes is beyond me, Auro is nowhere near effective as Priso playing beside Bradley, at least Shaffelburg is getting a few minutes here and there and he had 2 of the best scoring chances! I'm not sure what to think of Akinola and as long as Jozy is reasonably healthy he is going to start, maybe Akinola needs to start up top with him! I see things through Red and White tinted glasses, I think this team would be much more dynamic playing more of the young Canadians as things are now this team is very predictable and not really too exciting to watch!

Yeferson is a baller.  When Poz gets back, and Osorio is healthy, they will form one dynamic partnership.  Hopefully it will be like Gio and Vazquez and most likely will be, as both of those guys have exceptional talent and football IQ.  They will be a joy to watch and TFC will be much more competitive.

I hope they can move him ASAP for both his and TFC's interest. I believe that TFC can buy out one contract a year, but that would be a huge financial loss for the team. I wonder if they could move him to another MLS team while keeping some of his salary and buying out that portion they keep?

Edited by Ruffian

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

I hope they can move him ASAP for both his and TFC's interest. I believe that TFC can buy out one contract a year, but that would be a huge financial loss for the team. I wonder if they could move him to another MLS team while keeping some of his salary and buying out that portion they keep?

I think his contract runs until 2022

2 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Wouldn't his cap hit be 350k(DP budget charge)? 

7 minutes ago, Shway said:

Wouldn't his cap hit be 350k(DP budget charge)? 

I assume so, but I'm guessing they'd want to remove him from the payroll completely so they can free up that DP spot. I doubt they can hold half of his DP contract on the books and not have that be a DP spot even without the player on the roster.

Altidore is nutty. About time someone put him in his place.

I hadn't seen this before today.. but just wow. 

"I'm a hero"

Calling Twellman a "white boy with connects"

Saying kids that look like him struggle to make it (?)

This guy is a toxic race baiting loser. What struggle is he on about? He played up multiple age groups. Who is turning down Altidore level athletic talents anywhere? 

Really doubt there is a single kid who cites Altidore as their "hero". This guy was one of the worst EPL strikers of all time and still can't humble himself. 

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Altidore is nutty. About time someone put him in his place.

I hadn't seen this before today.. but just wow. 

"I'm a hero"

Calling Twellman a "white boy with connects"

Saying kids that look like him struggle to make it (?)

This guy is a toxic race baiting loser. What struggle is he on about? He played up multiple age groups. Who is turning down Altidore level athletic talents anywhere? 

Really doubt there is a single kid who cites Altidore as their "hero". This guy was one of the worst EPL strikers of all time and still can't humble himself. 

using an old statement on something completely different to get at the guy for something we don't know is truly confirmed aka a rumour - is extremely ignorant and a bit overzealous. 

I was a big fan, but like others I want him gone. 

To his defence I can name a lot more worse strikers than Jozy was in the EPL....he was playing for Sunderland. 

Edited by Shway

As a TFC fan if Jozy is kicking up drama and being "one of the worst EPL strikers of all time" I don't care as long as he is scoring winning goals in the MLS cup for TFC.

If he is injured a lot and playing poorly when he isn't then he needs to move on.

I'm not a tfc fan so its easy for me to say but Jozy has always come across as a dick head. Nothing wrong with being a dick head but I thought his exchange with Twellman was pathetic. He took it somewhere that it didn't need to go. Then ironically said you can't touch me because I've got the power to get you fired. I think this guy needs therapy because he's had a great career and could easily position himself to be a legend in Toronto forever so I'm not sure why he walks around like the world is against him. He seems to just want to be the bad guy

I'm a fan of Jozy as well.  But its show business, not show friends.  Using a DP spot and paying him that money, while only getting diminishing returns on a off injured 30+ striker, isnt exactly a good deal for top MLS team.  Time to move on if we can, and let Armas bring in someone he wants.  It is funny though, Jozy gets froze out for not wanting to get subbed and we all know there is someone else who NEVER gets subbed off and another who showed his disgust coming off a few games ago with no consequences.     Hmmmmm....