York9 - Season Thread 2020

Don't think Hamilton will be able to play. Maybe in the later games/playoffs. It would be huge to add him. 

If I had to guess the starting 11

Ingham

Doner-arnone-luca-abzi

Manny-mannella-dichiara

Telfer-vasconcelos-petrasso

Porter, murufushi, Thompson, Rivera, fugo and all the young kids on the bench is solid. Getting Telfer back was huge. If Hamilton can't join, I hope they can add someone. 

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

Don't think Hamilton will be able to play. Maybe in the later games/playoffs. It would be huge to add him. 

Ingham

Doner-arnone-luca-abzi

Manny-mannella-dichiara

Porter, murufushi, Thompson, Rivera, fugo and all the young kids on the bench is solid. Getting Telfer back was huge. If Hamilton can't join, I hope they can add someone. 

Not sure where Vasconcelos slots in. I hear he’s not a pure #9, but who knows!? 

15 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Ingham

Doner-arnone-luca-abzi

Manny-mannella-dichiara

There is going to be tonnes of rotation in this shortened season but that is probably the opening day lineup.

I'm excited about Rivero in the same way as Vasconcelos.  Both grew up in strong youth development programs but are young enough that there is still some relevance in that.  Rivero seems small (5'7") but we've seen small forwards make noise in this area before.  

• 2 weeks later...

Kotsopoulos signed, no Hamilton this season.  Doesn't say Hamilton been released so I would think that he comes back for 2021.  This virus really messed up our international signings this season.

https://canpl.ca/article/york9-replaces-nicholas-hamilton-with-jace-kotsopoulos-for-the-island-games

Still no idea when we play and the season is supposed to start on Thursday.

I know that some people aren't liking the away kit but as someone who has lived in York Region their whole life, I got one right away.   

Schedule is out

Aug 15 v Ottawa

Aug 18 v Pacific

Aug 22 v Valour

Aug 26 v Forge

Aug 29 v HFX

Sept 1 v Edmonton

Sept 5 v Cavalry

Game every 3-4 days means lots of squad rotation. I'm glad that the games against Cavalry and Forge are spread out and in the second half of the round which will allow the coaching staff to plan for their best XI to be available for those games.

32 minutes ago, Stouffvillain said:

Schedule is out

Aug 15 v Ottawa

Aug 18 v Pacific

Aug 22 v Valour

Aug 26 v Forge

Aug 29 v HFX

Sept 1 v Edmonton

Sept 5 v Cavalry

Game every 3-4 days means lots of squad rotation. I'm glad that the games against Cavalry and Forge are spread out and in the second half of the round which will allow the coaching staff to plan for their best XI to be available for those games.

Call me crazy but I dont see much squad rotation unless they wrap up a top 4 spot fairly early. I am sure they will use the 5 subs each game though. 

I’m hearing rumours that York 9 looking to eventually move to a stadium that might be built at Woodbine racetrack in Etobicoke part of Toronto. A major redevelopment of the Woodbine racetrack area is already going on . Therefore , if this actually happens a rebranding of this club will be due. Calling yourself York 9 out there would make no sense . Only problem with that Woodbine racetrack area getting there by public transport is not the greatest with no real subway link up to that area .

Edited by SoccMan

17 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

I’m hearing rumours that York 9 looking to eventually move to a stadium that might be built at Woodbine racetrack in Etobicoke part of Toronto. A major redevelopment of the Woodbine racetrack area is already going on . Therefore , if this actually happens a rebranding of this club will be due. Calling yourself York 9 out there would make no sense . Only problem with that Woodbine racetrack area getting there by public transport is not the greatest with no real subway link up to that area .

Well the TTC at least goes there. What about the new lrt on finch? Is that close?

The new LRT ends at Humber College. But a rumored 2nd phase that would end at the Airport would include a stop at Woodbine.

Woodbine is getting a new GO station.

So what will there name be? Racing FC?

I wonder of it also means Greenpark will sell to WEG.

Edited by narduch

Starting lineup on the weekend disappointed.  The best chances were Telfer and Rivero shots that they both blasted right at Zabal. Crosses were awful, too much air under them make for easy clearances.  Both Vasconcelos and Rivero were not what was expected. 

Substitutions were effective.  Ferrari, Wright, Halley all showed no fear in taking the field for the first time for the club. Murofushi was solid in midfield. 

Di Chiara was vital for them but was anyone else having flash backs to last year when the penalty was given?

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 2:39 PM, SoccMan said:

Thanks for sharing that, it's good to know. I would say it's definitely not an ideal location though. The Vaughan-centric fanbase definitely wouldn't call that an ideal location, compared to other rumoured locations in Vaughan. And, that location is most definitely a highway and car-oriented area. And definitely not the best area for walking around. Good to keep the rumour in mind though, thanks for sharing.