General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

Antigua scored early against Curacao.

I wish I could watch these games. I loved the bits I was able to watch in the previous rounds, and now the games are kept from us for no reason (and no, I'm not getting a VPN or a Bet365 account). If there was just a pay wall I would have been happy to pay. But that option isn't even available. If nobody wanted to buy the rights, why doesn't CONCACAF offer the content up to us for free to hopefully build a bigger fan base so that one day someone WILL want to buy the rights to Nations League.

8 minutes ago, devioustrevor said:

Final Score:

Guyana 2-1 Belize

Guyana with 9pts and a +11 GD.  Good chance they qualify for the Gold Cup.

Actually, it's impossible for them to not qualify.  Guyana is going to the Gold Cup.  Is this the first time?

It is the first time.  So Curacao and Guyana have qualified to the Gold Cup officially.  

21 minutes ago, devioustrevor said:

Not necessarily.  If Nicaragua beats Barbados and their is a winner in the Bermuda-Dominican Republic game, Montserrat will still miss out on the Gold Cup.

Also don't forget the chance ES passes as well.  So for Montserrat to make the Gold Cup they'll need either a draw in the Bermuda-DR game OR Nicaragua to lose/draw and/or ES to lose or draw.

Edited by Keegan

If Jamaica was to lose tonight in ES, they would be dangerously close to losing their spot in League A, now that Guyana has moved ahead of them. I'm assuming Martinique will earn a point tonight, so they would be in. Cuba could lose by a couple to Haiti and still be ahead of Jamaica on goal difference. If ES wins, Guyana could even get the 6th spot, depending on what happens in the Bermuda/Dominican Republic match as well as what Nicaragua does in theirs.

Edited by jtpc

3 minutes ago, jtpc said:

If Jamaica was to lose tonight in ES, they would be dangerously close to losing their spot in League A, now that Guyana has moved ahead of them. I'm assuming Martinique will earn a point tonight, so they would be in. Cuba could lose by a couple to Haiti and still be ahead of Jamaica on goal difference. If ES wins, Guyana could even get the 6th spot, depending on what happens in the Bermuda/Dominican Republic match as well as what Nicaragua does in theirs.

If Jamaica lose to El Salvador, the game will likely be close anyways. The speculation doesn't mean much because it will depend on the Martinique result; that game will end before the Jamaica one begins anyway.

34 minutes ago, devioustrevor said:

Anyone still wanting to see Montserrat improbably qualify for the Gold Cup, they need to be cheering for Jamaica.  El Salvador will leapfrog Montserrat with a win.

Montserrat's qualification realistically comes down to the results of four matches, of which they need two to go their way to qualify:

1. El Salvador vs Jamaica: a Jamaica win or a draw
  2. Dominican Republic vs Bermuda: a draw
  3. Canada vs French Guiana: a Canada win or a draw
  4. Barbados vs Nicaragua: a Barbados win or a draw

So if we get the result we need we'll be doing our part to secure Montserrat's spot in the Gold Cup at the same time!

2 minutes ago, Zem said:

Montserrat's qualification realistically comes down to the results of four matches, of which they need two to go their way to qualify:

1. El Salvador vs Jamaica: a Jamaica win or a draw
  2. Dominican Republic vs Bermuda: a draw
  3. Canada vs French Guiana: a Canada win or a draw
  4. Barbados vs Nicaragua: a Barbados win or a draw

So if we get the result we need we'll be doing our part to secure Montserrat's spot in the Gold Cup at the same time!

If Jamaica can get anything from the game about to start, Montserrat can still qualify as long as only two of the other three results go against them.  So if Jamaica win or tie, a win or tie by us tomorrow means Montserrat qualify for the Gold Cup.