General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

I've seen many games so far played at this stadium in Anguilla because of the Nations League, and I am always shocked just how poor the condition is.

When we hosted two WCQ games vs. Belize (I think it was 2004) at Richardson Stadium in Kingston I thought that the condition of the field then was unworthy, but compared to this field in Anguilla, Richardson is Wembley.

2 minutes ago, devioustrevor said:

Wasn't Bailey unlikely to play unless his brother was given a pity spot on the team anyways?

Yep that was part of his demands and apparently even accepted a call up before rejecting due to his brother or step brother not being called as well.

Just now, devioustrevor said:

Wasn't Bailey unlikely to play unless his brother was given a pity spot on the team anyways?

Yeah that's what they say, he was apparently going to come in October but they wouldn't call his half-brother who plays in the Austrian 2nd division.  

https://us.soccerway.com/players/kyle-butler/498367/

The brother looks low level to be fair, almost like Hoilett demanding we call up Janeil.  

37 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Bermuda beats Dominican Republic 3-1 on the road and right now move into League A unless Nicaragua win by about 10 goals in Barbados

Thats absolutely huge for Bermuda. Testament to Kyle Lightbourne after his long career in England getting this success with a handful of pros. Nakhi Wells can be a handful for the major nations

Guyana qualifying is mad too, and it will be insane if Montserrat get it if Nicaragua fail to win in Barbados. 6 of Montserrat players are all close mates who grew up in the same area having had grandparents and parents who emigrated to London following the displacement, thats quite a story

Was routing for Dom. Rep to pull through as i would of been curious to see if they got to the Gold Cup, the small pool of players they could potentially call up, is quite impressive. Mariano Diaz & Raul De Tomas both of Real Madrid for a start.

Im sure more players over here in England will be checking for eligibility!

Assuming Nicaragua doesn't pull off something incredible, I think these will be the pots for Wednesday's League A draw. November 2018 CONCACAF ranking in brackets:

Pot 1 - Mexico (1), USA (2), Costa Rica (3), Honduras (4)
Pot 2 - Panama (5), Canada (7), Haiti (10), Trinidad and Tobago (11)
Pot 3 - Martinique (12), Cuba (13), Curaçao (15), Bermuda (23) 

7 minutes ago, jtpc said:

Assuming Nicaragua doesn't pull off something incredible, I think these will be the pots for Wednesday's League A draw. November 2018 CONCACAF ranking in brackets:

Pot 1 - Mexico (1), USA (2), Costa Rica (3), Honduras (4)
Pot 2 - Panama (5), Canada (7), Haiti (10), Trinidad and Tobago (11)
Pot 3 - Martinique (12), Cuba (13), Curaçao (15), Bermuda (23) 

I want Canada matched with the US and Bermuda. I think Canada-US matches would prove strong drawing games and would result it a very vocal, likely most vocal, Canadian fanbase in both games.

Definitely agree with both of you on being in a group with the US. I'd prefer not to get Mexico or Honduras, but I really don't want Martinique. After not getting any FIFA points against FG in the 2017 GC or tonight's qualifier, boy would it ever suck to have that happen again. I'll be ticked if 2 of our 4 group stage matches don't count for ranking points. Anyone but Martinique from pot 3 please.

Edited by jtpc

2 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I would take Cuba, would give us a better match, agree with the USA.

i agree they'd be better competition but i think bermuda is the safest option for canada maintaining level 1 status and in turn get canada more exposure to the elite teams.

2 minutes ago, jtpc said:

Definitely agree with both of you on being in a group with the US. I'd prefer not to get Mexico or Honduras, but I really don't want Martinique. After not getting any FIFA points against FG in the 2017 GC or tonight's qualifier, boy would it ever suck to have that happen again. I'll be ticked if 2 of our 4 group stage matches don't count for ranking points. Anyone but Martinique from pot 3 please.

yea while martinique is good competition, they're the least useful for fifa rank and wcq. knowing canada's luck of the draw we'll end up with them

I was at BMO last time US played in Canada, atmosphere was ordinary. Small group of Americans made the trip. No goals probably contributed to it. On the women's side it is a different story.

I prefer Mexico or the Central Americans since our achilles heel is playing in their stadiums.

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

0-0 early in the 2nd half between Barbados & Nicaragua. Nicaragua's going to have to score a ridiculous amount of goals in a short amount of time now to stop Monsterrat from qualifying for the Gold Cup

If Nicaragua win, they're in.

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

0-0 early in the 2nd half between Barbados & Nicaragua. Nicaragua's going to have to score a ridiculous amount of goals in a short amount of time now to stop Monsterrat from qualifying for the Gold Cup

They just have to win, they are already ahead of Montserrat on GD.