General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

47 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Based on these rankings. My mock draw  (dont judge me) has Canada in group 2.

Group 1: Honduras, Haiti, Trinidad & Tobago

Group 2: Costa Rica, Canada, Curaçao 

Group 3: USA, Jamaica, Cuba

Group 4: Mexico, Panama, Martinique 

This would be a favourable/ideal draw for us to win the group. 

I feel like that would be tough!

I'm hoping for Honduras, Canada, Cuba!

1 hour ago, Daryn27 said:

Does anyone have an idea of when they might announce the roster for this match?

Its usually 2 weeks before I think

29 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

They said on the broadcast that Junior Hoilett has been called up.  Obviously not a shock.

They said we would be playing in French Guiana so I’m not sure they actually know anything but I’d assume he will be.

11 hours ago, Keegan said:

They said we would be playing in French Guiana so I’m not sure they actually know anything but I’d assume he will be.

I too was put off about their temperature reference. Atleast they brought it up I suppose

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I logged into my CONCACAF Go (Oz) account to see if it still worked. I was able to watch past matches and highlights from CNL qualifying no problem. I tried it today though and now the only video content that actual works are short "clips" from past games. After I logged in, it also displayed a box stating "no passes available".

It seems as though CONCACAF is getting ready to put up the paywall before Matchday 4. The FAQ section for Oz hints that there will be the following subscription options: day pass, season pass, and monthly subscription. No reference to prices.

Does anybody have any more information?

Presumably the Gold Cup won't be on OZ right? Or maybe we can get non-Canada games through OZ? If the Gold Cup isn't part of it, it won't make any sense to get a monthly subscription in March if there is nothing (at least in terms of CMNT play) in April, May, June, July, and August. Even if you want to watch tons of Nations League qualifying, presumably it would be cheaper to get 4 day passes (March 21, 22, 23, 24) than 6 months worth. Maybe in September it makes more sense when you have 3 months in a row with Nations League games.

1 minute ago, Kent said:

Presumably the Gold Cup won't be on OZ right? Or maybe we can get non-Canada games through OZ? If the Gold Cup isn't part of it, it won't make any sense to get a monthly subscription in March if there is nothing (at least in terms of CMNT play) in April, May, June, July, and August. Even if you want to watch tons of Nations League qualifying, presumably it would be cheaper to get 4 day passes (March 21, 22, 23, 24) than 6 months worth. Maybe in September it makes more sense when you have 3 months in a row with Nations League games.

At this point, I don't know where I will be watching the CNL, GC or CPL.  So...

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:06 PM, sloth8 said:

Last week I logged into my CONCACAF Go (Oz) account to see if it still worked. I was able to watch past matches and highlights from CNL qualifying no problem. I tried it today though and now the only video content that actual works are short "clips" from past games. After I logged in, it also displayed a box stating "no passes available".

It seems as though CONCACAF is getting ready to put up the paywall before Matchday 4. The FAQ section for Oz hints that there will be the following subscription options: day pass, season pass, and monthly subscription. No reference to prices.

Does anybody have any more information?

Still nothing on the CONCACAF GO website that I can see about prices, even after logging in. They have links to each of the upcoming matches on the website now, but you just get the countdown clock when you click on them. I've tried emailing their support team and tweeting them about prices, but haven't received any replies. I'd like to know for the next 4 days of CNLQ matches if it would be cheaper to pay per match, per day, or whatever the options will be. I've really enjoyed watching the other matches in CONCACAF and the livestream quality has been great.

58 minutes ago, jtpc said:

Still nothing on the CONCACAF GO website that I can see about prices, even after logging in. They have links to each of the upcoming matches on the website now, but you just get the countdown clock when you click on them. I've tried emailing their support team and tweeting them about prices, but haven't received any replies. I'd like to know for the next 4 days of CNLQ matches if it would be cheaper to pay per match, per day, or whatever the options will be. I've really enjoyed watching the other matches in CONCACAF and the livestream quality has been great.

I'm now seeing $1.99 for a day pass. That's it though. No way to sign up for anything other than that. I definitely won't sign up for a day pass today since the only 2 games are at 3pm Eastern and I won't be able to watch them anyways. But it's also not clear if we even have to pay for the matches today. It's pretty confusing. I can go to the British VI vs Turks and Caicos match up and it shows the countdown as if I will be able to watch it, but then further down the page there is a button for getting "full access". And following that is where I found the $1.99 price.

If I remember I'm just going to try going to the stream without paying and see what happens.

P.S. I just want to say it's pretty cool that none of the 34 teams are locked in to a certain league going into the final set of matches. Some can only finish in A or B, some in only B or C, and the remainder can finish any where from A to C. That's pretty cool!

2 hours ago, Kent said:

I'm now seeing $1.99 for a day pass. That's it though. No way to sign up for anything other than that. I definitely won't sign up for a day pass today since the only 2 games are at 3pm Eastern and I won't be able to watch them anyways. But it's also not clear if we even have to pay for the matches today. It's pretty confusing. I can go to the British VI vs Turks and Caicos match up and it shows the countdown as if I will be able to watch it, but then further down the page there is a button for getting "full access". And following that is where I found the $1.99 price.

If I remember I'm just going to try going to the stream without paying and see what happens.

even better as far as I can tell right now there's a "no passes" available thing right now so it is as if it's sold out.

11 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

even better as far as I can tell right now there's a "no passes" available thing right now so it is as if it's sold out.

I saw that yesterday (I think I wasn't logged in), but I'm seeing a price now (while I am logged in). It still only has the daily option available. Seems they aren't ready for this yet. I sure hope that they allow people to put their daily subscriptions towards their season or yearly subscriptions when those are available.

I'm not paying for it yet as I mentioned before. Can't watch the games happening right now without paying the $2.

8 minutes ago, Kent said:

I saw that yesterday (I think I wasn't logged in), but I'm seeing a price now (while I am logged in). It still only has the daily option available. Seems they aren't ready for this yet. I sure hope that they allow people to put their daily subscriptions towards their season or yearly subscriptions when those are available.

I'm not paying for it yet as I mentioned before. Can't watch the games happening right now without paying the $2.

It is giving me the "no passes available" regardless of whether or not I am logged in. I agree that they are not ready for this. Good thing Canada's final game is being played at home.

2 minutes ago, sloth8 said:

It is giving me the "no passes available" regardless of whether or not I am logged in. I agree that they are not ready for this. Good thing Canada's final game is being played at home.

Yeah, I closed my window and reopened and I'm seeing that now too.

Even if I wanted to pay for today, I don't even see the option to. Clicking on either match's livestream gives you the become a member box with absolutely nothing to click on. ? Logging in as a member from the free trial period doesn't make any difference. I'd like to see the matches on the 23rd, so hopefully everything gets sorted out by tomorrow. With a bit of luck, there's someone at CONCACAF GO wondering why today's livestreams have zero viewers and no one has paid for access.

Edited by jtpc

After digging around on the official CONCACAF Nations League Twitter account, they are advertising the games as being streamed on FloFc (a Texas-based company). https://www.flofc.com/

They charge $12.50 per month (presumably USD) and are listing all the CNL qualifying games. They also appear to be the streaming service that DC United now uses...

I haven't tried registering.

Received an email back from the CONCACAF GO support team about why the option to pay isn't coming up. The short answer is that we're geoblocked.

"For the new CNL matches, there have been changes to the geoblocks and a fee structure added. Unfortunately, if you are based in Canada, the US, or Mexico, you will be unable to view any upcoming CNL matches."

I guess we've found our reason why a US provider wants $12.50 per month now.

For anyone with a VPN, the $1.99 option comes up when I access the site through another CONCACAF country's server that isn't in North America, so that's a potential workaround that's better than $12.50 a month. It's actually how I watched our match vs. Dominica on the livestream in October since I didn't have TSN 2 and the stream was blocked. If someone really wanted to watch the next few days for $1.99 each day, you could probably find a VPN with a free trial period and it wouldn't cost you any more than the cost per day to see the matches.

1 hour ago, jtpc said:

Received an email back from the CONCACAF GO support team about why the option to pay isn't coming up. The short answer is that we're geoblocked.

"For the new CNL matches, there have been changes to the geoblocks and a fee structure added. Unfortunately, if you are based in Canada, the US, or Mexico, you will be unable to view any upcoming CNL matches."

I guess we've found our reason why a US provider wants $12.50 per month now.

For anyone with a VPN, the $1.99 option comes up when I access the site through another CONCACAF country's server that isn't in North America, so that's a potential workaround that's better than $12.50 a month. It's actually how I watched our match vs. Dominica on the livestream in October since I didn't have TSN 2 and the stream was blocked. If someone really wanted to watch the next few days for $1.99 each day, you could probably find a VPN with a free trial period and it wouldn't cost you any more than the cost per day to see the matches.

I saw tsn now has TSN  Direct , I’m not sure the details, but it looks like you can pay 4.99 for a day  subscription  Or a month. So I’m thinking if you don’t have tsn 2 you can pay for the day and you got it.

Edited by SpecialK

23 hours ago, Kent said:

P.S. I just want to say it's pretty cool that none of the 34 teams are locked in to a certain league going into the final set of matches. Some can only finish in A or B, some in only B or C, and the remainder can finish any where from A to C. That's pretty cool!

To bad it only lasted one game since the Turks and Caicos got a point making all 0 point teams confined to league c.

Edited by SkuseisLoose

22 hours ago, sloth8 said:

After digging around on the official CONCACAF Nations League Twitter account, they are advertising the games as being streamed on FloFc (a Texas-based company). https://www.flofc.com/

They charge $12.50 per month (presumably USD) and are listing all the CNL qualifying games. They also appear to be the streaming service that DC United now uses...

I haven't tried registering.

Just registered for the one year subscription, only to get a message that that I was in a restricted area for nation's League games!

I contacted  Flo sports and received an immediate refund.  I did get to see a few minutes of a EURO basketball league game.

I've become addicted to this crazy competition and am bummed not to be able to watch games like in the previous 3 rounds.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

42 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Just registered for the one year subscription, only to get a message that that I was in a restricted area for nation's League games!

I contacted  Flo sports and received an immediate refund.  I did get to see a few minutes of a EURO basketball league game.

I've become addicted to this crazy competition and am bummed not to be able to watch games like in the previous 3 rounds.

Thanks for the update.

So, if you're in Canada, you are geoblocked from watching CNL games on both CONCACAF Go and FloFc. What are they going to do when it comes to League A games then?? Highlights on Twitter?

Edited by sloth8