Simon Colyn

Northvansteve

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think Shaff was one of the brightest spots on our B squad from this summer, but I don’t think he’s ahead of Millar, and I don’t think it’s particularly close. JS did have 4G/4A, but he was one of the lowest rated players on Nashville all year (3rd to the bottom, close to former future CANMNT star Teal Bunbury), was not starting every day. Since his goal for Canada this summer, he scored a single goal (and 3 assists, nice). 

Liam Millar has regularly looked like one of, if not the best player on Preston (or on the pitch at large) in a lot of his games he’s played, he has 2G/3A in 17 games vs. JS’ 4/4 in 30. Even though it’s now been two years, Liam’s first season on Basel where he was one of the best players on the team that finished second in Switzerland- I don’t think you can point to a similarly dominant run of form that Shaff has ever had where you can see what he looks like when he’s really on fire. Also has 3 Europa goals to his name, and while I don’t watch enough Shaffelburg to confidently judge his form beyond his numbers, we all know LM’s numbers only tell half the story when it comes to how good he is. 

Also, even if they play different positions, I take Corbeanu over Shaffelburg any day. If we’re going wing heavy, I think he’s a guy you absolutely need in the mix. 

Yeah I like Shaff but he needs to be consistent and a regular stat producer in 2024.

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think Shaff was one of the brightest spots on our B squad from this summer, but I don’t think he’s ahead of Millar, and I don’t think it’s particularly close. JS did have 4G/4A, but he was one of the lowest rated players on Nashville all year (3rd to the bottom, close to former future CANMNT star Teal Bunbury), was not starting every day. Since his goal for Canada this summer, he scored a single goal (and 3 assists, nice). 

Liam Millar has regularly looked like one of, if not the best player on Preston (or on the pitch at large) in a lot of his games he’s played, he has 2G/3A in 17 games vs. JS’ 4/4 in 30. Even though it’s now been two years, Liam’s first season on Basel where he was one of the best players on the team that finished second in Switzerland- I don’t think you can point to a similarly dominant run of form that Shaff has ever had where you can see what he looks like when he’s really on fire. Also has 3 Europa goals to his name, and while I don’t watch enough Shaffelburg to confidently judge his form beyond his numbers, we all know LM’s numbers only tell half the story when it comes to how good he is. 

Also, even if they play different positions, I take Corbeanu over Shaffelburg any day. If we’re going wing heavy, I think he’s a guy you absolutely need in the mix. 

The last time I checked football isn't about sprinting or faster or speediest,  it is about 🦶 footballers and a pitch an off side rule and this is a contact sport.   If it were about being fast and power Spain nor Italy would have won it,  nor even usvArgenyuna  too.

Check Uruguay and Croatia two of the slowest national teams in the world ,  they seem pretty  static and lethargic,  but they have football brains 

Canada lacked of football brains at home Vs Jamaica leading 1-0,  you were butchered and pegged back TWICE mates .   For speedsters I prefer a Diego Godin or a Rakitic Madzuzic and one Ruso Perez or their fragile left back Fucile.   

If some people in Canada Football wanna talk about fast and furious ,  watch Platini Hoddle Waddle Ardiles or Liam Brady play ,  thats football !! 

7 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

The last time I checked football isn't about sprinting or faster or speediest,  it is about 🦶 footballers and a pitch an off side rule and this is a contact sport.   If it were about being fast and power Spain nor Italy would have won it,  nor even usvArgenyuna  too.

Football is actually about the friends we make along the way

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

Football is actually about the friends we make along the way

Merry Xmas,   but  I was talking about international football ,   of course football can bring people together,  and in football sometimes 2 +2 is either 3 or 5.   But we make friends along the way.  Merry Christmas from Buenos aires 2 am drinking cider and champagne ,  and cravings of some mantecol as well .   Enjoy there and I gave you my eleven.   Go and check the news over here,  people will do the same that the people did in England with that lady who lasted 47 days in the power chair.   Cheers and beers !!!

4 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

Merry Xmas,   but  I was talking about international football ,   of course football can bring people together,  and in football sometimes 2 +2 is either 3 or 5.   But we make friends along the way.  Merry Christmas from Buenos aires 2 am drinking cider and champagne ,  and cravings of some mantecol as well .   Enjoy there and I gave you my eleven.   Go and check the news over here,  people will do the same that the people did in England with that lady who lasted 47 days in the power chair.   Cheers and beers !!!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas too.

Be well, but I don't think Milei (milady) will hold up as badly as Truss, who was never elected. It's very concerning what's going on in your country, you certainly don't deserve it.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Wishing you a Merry Christmas too.

Be well, but I don't think Milei (milady) will hold up as badly as Truss, who was never elected. It's very concerning what's going on in your country, you certainly don't deserve it.

Noam Chomsky wrote about it,  and mass media have inoculated hatred and reaction and bigotry among citizens. The hating of the popular, hate of the fat, hate of the poor, hate of  the social democrat / peronists the hate of " the ugly" ,  the hate of the Union and politics in general (our Union is similar to the  France Union  they are strong and of course they are not saints neither tbf),  the hate of people on welfare.  in particularly The elite younsters with the help of mass media and the new platforms have changed the logic of communication.  Of course robbers and street criminals , burglars shoplifters haven't helped the social democrats/ peronists and the former government in a political dogma, they didn't wanna take actions on those crimes and robberies at gun,  specially from youngers who they want to live a life of the singer Bad Bunny to name one guy,  with money  women card and beaches.

Inflation took its toll too,  in a way what's going on is like a melange of two movies 

Brain Candy from the kids in the hall

And The Serpent's Egg from Ingmar Bergman 

And the chosen one is ,  as the Pope described before the ballotage,  he is the pied Piper of Hammelin.   

Peronism and Social democrats couldn't bring food on the table of the working class people for different reasons,  ( Pandemia and some bad mild decisions) and after that a new subculture of conservative people that called themselves "aesthetic superior and morally and intellectually superior than the rest" apparently we all are communist to these people and their young followers.  

What I sanction about this whole is kids of 6 to 11 are talking about politics and they have to enjoy the childhood instead.  

We are a rollercoaster of a country,  we should charge a ticket to visitors because a week of news and social situations in Argentina is like  2 years of news  and social situations for a country like Switzerland.   You never get bored with a very vivid social country like this.  

To finalize politics were everywhere at School to debate about how the Junta killed innocents and the conservative selfish ideology as teens are rebels they are becoming the citizen the teachers didn't wanna accept.  It is very very funny almost like a comedy!

Merry Xmas,  and  people will be on the streets complaining,  so stick around because we will be right back.

On 12/25/2023 at 12:00 PM, JAVIERF said:

Noam Chomsky wrote about it,  and mass media have inoculated hatred and reaction and bigotry among citizens. The hating of the popular, hate of the fat, hate of the poor, hate of  the social democrat / peronists the hate of " the ugly" ,  the hate of the Union and politics in general (our Union is similar to the  France Union  they are strong and of course they are not saints neither tbf),  the hate of people on welfare.  in particularly The elite younsters with the help of mass media and the new platforms have changed the logic of communication.  Of course robbers and street criminals , burglars shoplifters haven't helped the social democrats/ peronists and the former government in a political dogma, they didn't wanna take actions on those crimes and robberies at gun,  specially from youngers who they want to live a life of the singer Bad Bunny to name one guy,  with money  women card and beaches.

Inflation took its toll too,  in a way what's going on is like a melange of two movies 

Brain Candy from the kids in the hall

And The Serpent's Egg from Ingmar Bergman 

And the chosen one is ,  as the Pope described before the ballotage,  he is the pied Piper of Hammelin.   

Peronism and Social democrats couldn't bring food on the table of the working class people for different reasons,  ( Pandemia and some bad mild decisions) and after that a new subculture of conservative people that called themselves "aesthetic superior and morally and intellectually superior than the rest" apparently we all are communist to these people and their young followers.  

What I sanction about this whole is kids of 6 to 11 are talking about politics and they have to enjoy the childhood instead.  

We are a rollercoaster of a country,  we should charge a ticket to visitors because a week of news and social situations in Argentina is like  2 years of news  and social situations for a country like Switzerland.   You never get bored with a very vivid social country like this.  

To finalize politics were everywhere at School to debate about how the Junta killed innocents and the conservative selfish ideology as teens are rebels they are becoming the citizen the teachers didn't wanna accept.  It is very very funny almost like a comedy!

Merry Xmas,  and  people will be on the streets complaining,  so stick around because we will be right back.

To leave Colyn debate alone and finalize what is going on down here is that oligarchy and Aristocracy came back to the government with Milei,  with a face of a guy who looks younger his age ( he looks like Benny Hill in leather jacket and the son of public bus transport businessman of northern Italy and croatian upbringing from her mother side,  and a BIG  admirer of  the twins: Jair Bolsonaro and Trump brothers that found each other later in life, a bromance) has fair look and he insults everyone around and  wields a chainsaw( to cut down " privileges ") in public with his sister and talked against "the Casta " ( the caste or The Social Class in English) which it meant .... country fields  elites owners, corrupted politicians, bureaucracy employees officers, rich oligarchy, aristocratic stock, who are mostly rentiers from "old money from great grandfathers etc).  What he brought was the caste and " the upper class " instead.  , For instance the new Foreign Affairs secretary ( ministry here) is one of the wealthiest women around daughter of a big banker who hates and despises the working class people and she does it in interviews). 

The progressive social democrats parties (Peronism and personalist Radicalism (Yrigoyen Illia Balbin and Alfonsín etc) ) have many flaws but they are the people's political parties.  They are similar to the democrats in USA,  the PSOE in Spain and P.S in France.  Perón himself was central- right in his political ideology.  A very pragmatic leader as Yrigoyen was ( a former police chief)

But average Joes got violent against them,  and they went to the far right,  and they chose to hate people around.  The youth were brainwashed by platforms videos on hating each one who is poorer and different.  To make it worst they defend the Junta Militar and some told me they have seen kids wearing Nazis symbols from the richest ones in their Final campaigns crowded reunions in Movistar Arena place.

Today the real people are protesting in  marches with the "Madres of Disappeared",  the human rights committee and the Unions of different labours (C.G.T and C.T.A ) .  The police and the military are getting into some public transports ( buses , subways, and metropolitan  trains, to stop deport protesters back home to stop protests.  Or even they are stopping private buses on the highway to Bs As Downtown).

Let's go Canada please Win the COPA AMÉRICA!!!

3 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

To leave Colyn debate alone and finalize what is going on down here is that oligarchy and Aristocracy came back to the government with Milei,  with a face of a guy who looks younger his age ( he looks like Benny Hill in leather jacket and the son of public bus transport businessman of northern Italy and croatian upbringing from her mother side,  and a BIG  admirer of  the twins: Jair Bolsonaro and Trump brothers that found each other later in life, a bromance) has fair look and he insults everyone around and  wields a chainsaw( to cut down " privileges ") in public with his sister and talked against "the Casta " ( the caste or The Social Class in English) which it meant .... country fields  elites owners, corrupted politicians, bureaucracy employees officers, rich oligarchy, aristocratic stock, who are mostly rentiers from "old money from great grandfathers etc).  What he brought was the caste and " the upper class " instead.  , For instance the new Foreign Affairs secretary ( ministry here) is one of the wealthiest women around daughter of a big banker who hates and despises the working class people and she does it in interviews). 

The progressive social democrats parties (Peronism and personalist Radicalism (Yrigoyen Illia Balbin and Alfonsín etc) ) have many flaws but they are the people's political parties.  They are similar to the democrats in USA,  the PSOE in Spain and P.S in France.  Perón himself was central- right in his political ideology.  A very pragmatic leader as Yrigoyen was ( a former police chief)

But average Joes got violent against them,  and they went to the far right,  and they chose to hate people around.  The youth were brainwashed by platforms videos on hating each one who is poorer and different.  To make it worst they defend the Junta Militar and some told me they have seen kids wearing Nazis symbols from the richest ones in their Final campaigns crowded reunions in Movistar Arena place.

Today the real people are protesting in  marches with the "Madres of Disappeared",  the human rights committee and the Unions of different labours (C.G.T and C.T.A ) .  The police and the military are getting into some public transports ( buses , subways, and metropolitan  trains, to stop deport protesters back home to stop protests.  Or even they are stopping private buses on the highway to Bs As Downtown).

Let's go Canada please Win the COPA AMÉRICA!!!

We will try our best to stop the Argentine political class from using Copa America in their favour, we will beat the albiceleste and win it with absolutely no consequence in Canada at all. Proving it is possible to avoid mixing sports with anything, including politics.

6 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

One of the prospect I have high hopes for 2024. Really wish De Graafschap gains promotion, otherwise he really needs to go to a D1. Don’t necessarily has to be Holland/Belgium, some countries like Switzerland Austria Scotland or Danemark would put him on the radar for the NT.

They are smack dab in the promotion playoff spots right now, with 20 games played thus far. 

On 12/24/2023 at 1:46 AM, JAVIERF said:

Well Koné Can't play holding mid it was shown when you lost Vs Jamaica overkept possession and is a replacement for Eustaquio

Fraser for age stature and work ethic is better for the idea of leaving Eustaquio as playmaker.  LdF is the future leader bring him asap 

Shaffenburg is your best left midfielder by a mile ,  has a bit of Damien Duff on him a good dribbler and very precise.  On Colyn you need new spark there and he is the best there from a bunch 

You have to shake the tree after that upset 

As an Argentine with all due respect I know football better I watch it better and I have football sense ,  don't know anything about other sports like basketball nor hockey nor rich boys rugby shit   I know this sport by heart.  

My best Canada eleven at the best is the following 

................Creapeau or Borjan.............

Layrea  LDF    Miller Adkg or Davies

Buchanan Fraser Eustq Shaffenburg

Colyn. 

David

Reserves 

Keepers Creapeau or Borjan , 3rd St Clair or McGill

Defenders Johnston / McNaughton/Vitoria( last year) /Kennedy/Davies or Adkgb 

Mid / Millar / Paton / Koné/ Koleosho 

Fwds Larin Cavallini Corbeanu

These are the best 25 players I would take from now,  maybe Osorio and Junior for Koleosho and Cavallini  and Piette or Paton.

This is a really awkward take. 

Kone is 100% able to play better than fraser in a 2 man pivot next to staq. Is kone a natural DM.... no. But would he be a better DM than fraser? 100%

Shaf isnt a starter in the MLS and millar is on fire in the championship. You're just wrong to call shaf our best winger. 

Selecting Colyn because you need "new spark" is nonsense. Pick players on merit. I like colyn but hes not a top 10 canadian player.

Just wild to think you know football because of where your born. That implies every argentinian knows soccer better than every canadian. Again, just false. Horrible post TBH. 

5 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

This is a really awkward take. 

Kone is 100% able to play better than fraser in a 2 man pivot next to staq. Is kone a natural DM.... no. But would he be a better DM than fraser? 100%

Shaf isnt a starter in the MLS and millar is on fire in the championship. You're just wrong to call shaf our best winger. 

Selecting Colyn because you need "new spark" is nonsense. Pick players on merit. I like colyn but hes not a top 10 canadian player.

Just wild to think you know football because of where your born. That implies every argentinian knows soccer better than every canadian. Again, just false. Horrible post TBH. 

Javier's takes are beyond ridiculous. 

No mate I gave you my insights and I gave you the reasons,  you can contrast them,  but as A defensive midfielder you need to play the best defensive midfielder ATM ,   Koné is the direct replacement for Eustaquio end of it.  That was shown when you got out.  That's petulant and stubborn,  Bigandy and Longlugan,  For Colyn I gave you a reason as well as Shaffenburg,  like it or not that's an Argentinian taste of football ,  I like those players better for different reason dont bé arrogant because they are your players,  I know all your players avail or most of them,   For Trinidad I would play Vitoria but after that is that kid,  ridiculous is getting away of a tournament once you are 1-0 and 2-2 ,  naivity at the fullest.  Accept my opinion because is a southAmerican take ,  I like Piette and Kaye or Paton but as holding mid the best is Fraser at the moment,  Shaffenburg is the best dribbler you have I dont mind Millar but I like dribblers more and Millar is on the bench for me is Shaff and Buchanan on the sides,  on Colyn the guy is ripping apart the Dutch 2 league your in form link man ,  on the bench you have a 9 in Larin if you need a goal,   

I like one holding mid to fill up Hutchinson,  Koné is more of a passer he can't cover defensive tasks ,  he can push towards though but you have Eustaquio first .

Chill out and accept my choices It is as arrogant as it can be,  that you can't take an observer's view from the south.  

And mark my words this 11 is the one any Argentinian/ Uruguayan/ Italian or spanyard would chose from your panel .  

Then you can accommodate the bunch,  fullbacks they need to be specific players ,  you can't play a center back there too big too slow too or a winger who is distracted,  same as a holding mid 

Remember Lampard Gerrard problem ?